DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 20, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #3,106 of 10,359
After doing some good burn in with the AMP13, getting excellent sound and more power than I thought it would put out. It easily brings great sound to the Utopia or the SR2 and any of my IEMs are an easy do. I have also been using it out to a couple of desktop amps, with excellent results.
I was also surprised at the driving power out of SE with this amp. So what you are trying to say is that you approve? :sunglasses:

Seriously though, do you find it better than 11.2 and/or 12???

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #3,107 of 10,359
It seemed to take about five full (or close) battery drains and recharges before the battery settled in. That and the AMP13 card seems to drain the analog battery faster than the stock amp card.
I did only 2 full cycles (same on the dx300) and now im having around 10-11h.

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #3,108 of 10,359
I was also surprised at the driving power out of SE with this amp. So what you are trying to say is that you approve? :sunglasses:

Seriously though, do you find it better than 11.2 and/or 12???
For some music I prefer the AMP13. And with violin, the sound is sweet and natural. A real joy!

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #3,109 of 10,359
For some music I prefer the AMP13. And with violin, the sound is sweet and natural. A real joy!
If I weren't such a collector, I would probably sell off my Amp12 card. It's not as if I don't like it, I really do. But, 11.2 sounds better with my head gear than does 12, and 13... well I don't even need to say it do I? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But, I can see using 11.2 for some music, and 13 for some. It is a great complimentary sound for me!

BTW! I don't know if you still have the IT01S, but the Amp13 card REALLY makes them shine. I was surprised!

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #3,110 of 10,359
If I weren't such a collector, I would probably sell off my Amp12 card. It's not as if I don't like it, I really do. But, 11.2 sounds better with my head gear than does 12, and 13... well I don't even need to say it do I? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But, I can see using 11.2 for some music, and 13 for some. It is a great complimentary sound for me!

BTW! I don't know if you still have the IT01S, but the Amp13 card REALLY makes them shine. I was surprised!
I don't think I would get rid of the IT01S. They are a great little IEM. Small, light and really good to listen with.

Jun 20, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #3,112 of 10,359
After doing some good burn in with the AMP13, getting excellent sound and more power than I thought it would put out. It easily brings great sound to the Utopia or the SR2 and any of my IEMs are an easy do. I have also been using it out to a couple of desktop amps, with excellent results.
Agreed although I hope iBasso can do something about the random crackling noises when Wifi is on. Not a deal breaker if they can't. Bluetooth doesn't cause any issues. After digging through Spotify's settings and changing downloaded songs to highest quality (or what Spotify considers "high quality" ) and turning on offline mode it only has to check in every 30 days to play any downloaded music. Before it wanted to phone home when switching downloaded albums/playlists which was first world problems annoying.

I do still find it odd that I get louder volume on my Monarch MKII's with 2 specific IEM cables. One of them is MMCX so there's also an adapter in the mix because the Monarch's are 2 pin on the middle (SE?) port.

Oh well, one of the cables is 2 pin and the other is MMCX so I'm covered. Just odd because if anything a different IEM cable should maybe slightly change the sound signature at most. Not drastically changes volume output. The only thing they have in common is they both have silver in the cable, one completely silver and the other a mix of silver, gold, and copper.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #3,114 of 10,359
4.4mm output, dsd256 would be pretty heavy already, don'y know if oversampling chains over all to dsd or if if it's mutually exclusive. You could try based also on what you hear. Please mention the ambient temperature too!
Liking this player (never tried it before today). Only settings I changed was turning off automatic gain protection, enabled 64 bit processing, and resampling from quality to audiophile. I can probably change the resampling back to quality. Source is a .dsf file. (DSD256).

EDIT: I just noticed the bitrate. Dang!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220620-170015.png
    Screenshot_20220620-170015.png
    835.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220620-171944.png
    Screenshot_20220620-171944.png
    838.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #3,115 of 10,359
Liking this player (never tried it before today). Only settings I changed was turning off automatic gain protection, enabled 64 bit processing, and resampling from quality to audiophile. I can probably change the resampling back to quality. Source is a .dsf file. (DSD256).

EDIT: I just noticed the bitrate. Dang!
Good settings! How warm is it during this monster testing?

Jun 20, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #3,116 of 10,359
Agreed although I hope iBasso can do something about the random crackling noises when Wifi is on. Not a deal breaker if they can't. Bluetooth doesn't cause any issues. After digging through Spotify's settings and changing downloaded songs to highest quality (or what Spotify considers "high quality" ) and turning on offline mode it only has to check in every 30 days to play any downloaded music. Before it wanted to phone home when switching downloaded albums/playlists which was first world problems annoying.

I do still find it odd that I get louder volume on my Monarch MKII's with 2 specific IEM cables. One of them is MMCX so there's also an adapter in the mix because the Monarch's are 2 pin on the middle (SE?) port.

Oh well, one of the cables is 2 pin and the other is MMCX so I'm covered. Just odd because if anything a different IEM cable should maybe slightly change the sound signature at most. Not drastically changes volume output. The only thing they have in common is they both have silver in the cable, one completely silver and the other a mix of silver, gold, and copper.
I once bought a cable from XX company (banned seller) and while the overall volume was fine, there were certain frequencies that were so far back, that they were barely heard. I sent that one back for another one, and the same thing happened with it. Now, it didn't do this with every piece of head gear I had, but it did with a couple of them. I never really figured out what happened, other than resistance, capacitance, quality of materials, etc... all can affect not only sound quality, but overall volume, and even frequencies alike.

I never measured the picofarad rating of the wire or the resistance, but I assume it was a trash cable overall ($30). But, it could also have come down to impurities introduced during manufacturing. I have a pair of Chaconne earbuds that the cable was fine in the beginning, and they sounded fine for the first 6 months or so, but later I noticed a rust looking spot on one side. That side is now about 10dB quieter than the other side (volume imbalance).

Jun 20, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #3,117 of 10,359
Good settings! How warm is it during this monster testing?
It was barely warm after roughly 15.minites of listening. I'm going to listen to all 9 .dsf files tomorrow and do a temperature reading before and after listening to all 9 files. Each one is just over or under 1GB for roughly a a 7 minute song. 22Mbps is probably overkill considering Netflix 4KHDR is roughly 14Mbps.

I will say that the DX320 has never gotten what I would consider hot. Barely warm, even after an 8 hour listening session with some SACD ISOs in the mix (5 to 7Mbps). I can give some actual data tomorrow as that USB multimeter reads the battery temperature plus I want to know how much battery it drains to play roughly 45 minutes of very high bitrate .dsf files. While the battery isn't the overall DAP temperature, it what gets the hottest but like I said, it's never gotten more then barely warm to me.

Jun 20, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #3,118 of 10,359
I once bought a cable from XX company (banned seller) and while the overall volume was fine, there were certain frequencies that were so far back, that they were barely heard. I sent that one back for another one, and the same thing happened with it. Now, it didn't do this with every piece of head gear I had, but it did with a couple of them. I never really figured out what happened, other than resistance, capacitance, quality of materials, etc... all can affect not only sound quality, but overall volume, and even frequencies alike.

I never measured the picofarad rating of the wire or the resistance, but I assume it was a trash cable overall ($30). But, it could also have come down to impurities introduced during manufacturing. I have a pair of Chaconne earbuds that the cable was fine in the beginning, and they sounded fine for the first 6 months or so, but later I noticed a rust looking spot on one side. That side is now about 10dB quieter than the other side (volume imbalance).
It does only happen with one set of IEMs, the Monarch MKII's. There is no volume difference when using my Meze ADVAR's or Moondrop KATO's so it is isolated to one set of. IEMs that I own.

If it wasn't for turn around time I would mail the cable to @RIGATIO to make sure I'm not crazy as he has the Monarchs but it's way more comfortable then the stock cable, it is louder, volume wise with the AMP13 and he might not send it back after listening to it :wink:

Jun 20, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #3,119 of 10,359
It does only happen with one set of IEMs, the Monarch MKII's. There is no volume difference when using my Meze ADVAR's or Moondrop KATO's so it is isolated to one set of. IEMs that I own.

If it wasn't for turn around time I would mail the cable to @RIGATIO to make sure I'm not crazy as he has the Monarchs but it's way more comfortable then the stock cable, it is louder, volume wise with the AMP13 and he might not send it back after listening to it :wink:
Heh, what cable are you talking about? Maybe will order one for myself:)

Jun 20, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #3,120 of 10,359
By accident I discovered how great amp11.2s sounds from 3.5mm output. Just wanted to check something and swapped the amp13 to the stock one but didnt want to change the cable for the balanced on my Xelentos.
It sounds almost as organic, calm and very spacious. The sound is just beautiful. I also noticed the bass being slightly more articulated.
Xelentos were greatly powered on low gain, 40/60 of the volume. Im actually quite shocked. I dare to say that for less to moderate demanding iems, there is no need to go balanced. You can check for yourselves, i wonder if you will have similar impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back