DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 13, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #2,461 of 10,359
Jun 13, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #2,464 of 10,359
Lol. Same with the 320 and Hugo 2 in price.

Jun 13, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #2,465 of 10,359
The fact that the device won't power on if the battery is flat even when plunged in, has nothing to do with it. It's a safety feature
I will have to kindly disagree here. Take a laptop for instance (another portable device powered by a battery and/or 110 circuit)?! You can remove the battery altogether and it will boot. The same goes for a dead (flat) battery. This means that the 110 circuit is using a MOSFET (or some other form of electric power distribution) to be both parallel and series with the battery. As a matter of fact some newer devices let you set when the 110 circuit will stop charging the battery so that you will have prolonged battery life if you use it mostly plugged in (my Gaming rig does it to 50%). If the DXxx has the ability to NOT charge while plugged in, it is already physically set up this way and simply needs the FW to include this from boot time, not just after already booted in the OS, and through a setting.

This can brick the device.
This I will have to also kindly disagree with. This may have been true many years ago with android devices. Even if it corrupts the OS itself, it will still have its ROM (now sure why they call it read only memory since you can write to it). And even if it manages to corrupt that, you can plug it in and use SSH or some other app from PC to reinstall the FW (which in this case happens to be the whole OS). Yes, you will lose all data you had, but it will restore it to factory default. The point is that is is VERY difficult to brick android devices nowadays unless you try really hard. :)

Jun 13, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #2,466 of 10,359
Does anyone have a blue 300 series sale?

Jun 13, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #2,467 of 10,359
Lol. Same with the 320 and Hugo 2 in price.
Well sure, though at a much smaller scale, though I was referring primarily to SQ. My point is there are multiple assumptions being made in his... assumption, unless he thinks there isn't much of a gap between Hugo 2 and Dave, assuming he's heard both.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #2,469 of 10,359
Not quite sure what you're eye rolling at

obama-What.gif

Jun 13, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #2,475 of 10,359
I will have to kindly disagree here. Take a laptop for instance (another portable device powered by a battery and/or 110 circuit)?! You can remove the battery altogether and it will boot. The same goes for a dead (flat) battery. This means that the 110 circuit is using a MOSFET (or some other form of electric power distribution) to be both parallel and series with the battery. As a matter of fact some newer devices let you set when the 110 circuit will stop charging the battery so that you will have prolonged battery life if you use it mostly plugged in (my Gaming rig does it to 50%). If the DXxx has the ability to NOT charge while plugged in, it is already physically set up this way and simply needs the FW to include this from boot time, not just after already booted in the OS, and through a setting.

This I will have to also kindly disagree with. This may have been true many years ago with android devices. Even if it corrupts the OS itself, it will still have its ROM (now sure why they call it read only memory since you can write to it). And even if it manages to corrupt that, you can plug it in and use SSH or some other app from PC to reinstall the FW (which in this case happens to be the whole OS). Yes, you will lose all data you had, but it will restore it to factory default. The point is that is is VERY difficult to brick android devices nowadays unless you try really hard. :)
Point 1: maybe yours does that, thankfully mine does not. Nor does my phone or my DX220.

Point 2: I meant bricking from a consumer point of view. Of course it's recoverable, but most users don't know what SSH is, they would send the device back for warranty/repair.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back