DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Apr 24, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #10,336 of 10,343
Hello :wave:, possibly stupid question

I recently bought Symphonium Titan and first listen was on commute home with my trusty DX320 amp 14 at medium gain 45 -50 volume

In 30 minutes analog battery was dead, from around 70ish to 15%.

At home changed amp14 to stock amp12 and changed cable on IEM, same result analog battery from full to nothing in 40 minutes, bottom of the player where amp card is

was very hot. After couple of hours plugged player to recharge and noticed analog battery recovered from 7 to 41% while player was turned off

After that tested with Penon Volt and everything back to normal, player cool as cucumber and battery behaves normal

I never used DX320 (or any other player) with something very demanding so not sure if its normal or not

Is it possible something within new IEM shorts player and causing battery discharge so quickly or is it how it is with “hard to drive” IEMs/headphones?
Something is wrong with the IEM.

Apr 24, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #10,337 of 10,343
Hi is this still a good choise in 2024?? I can get one second hand with 2 amp cards. How fast does the android dap get outdated and will that make any problems? Also considering lg v60 with seperate dac in that case
I purchased the Dx320 with all the cards. I like the subtle variety jt adds to the music. I have owned Tempotec V6, kann Alpha, RU6,RU7, Hiby RS6 and Mojo2. Some of them I still have and now I am about to sell all others and buy a hugo2 whilst maintaining ibasso dx320. I like the intimate mid presentation and mid bass thump of the mojo2 so I want to upgrade that.
I loved the soundstage and instrument seperation on the dx320.i find it much wider than any other source I have heard. Imaging is top notch and I can hear every nuance in a song. It's highly engaging and you feel like listening to it more and more. I will say it falls behind on musicality against mojo2. Other than that it blows all other music sources that I have owned out of the water. I got a used unit at a bargain and ordered the amp cards from AliExpress. It powers my 470 ohms R70X easily with amp12,14 and 11 mk2s. Amp13 I use with iems mostly.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #10,338 of 10,343
Hello :wave:, possibly stupid question

I recently bought Symphonium Titan and first listen was on commute home with my trusty DX320 amp 14 at medium gain 45 -50 volume

In 30 minutes analog battery was dead, from around 70ish to 15%.

At home changed amp14 to stock amp12 and changed cable on IEM, same result analog battery from full to nothing in 40 minutes, bottom of the player where amp card is

was very hot. After couple of hours plugged player to recharge and noticed analog battery recovered from 7 to 41% while player was turned off

After that tested with Penon Volt and everything back to normal, player cool as cucumber and battery behaves normal

I never used DX320 (or any other player) with something very demanding so not sure if its normal or not

Is it possible something within new IEM shorts player and causing battery discharge so quickly or is it how it is with “hard to drive” IEMs/headphones?
The misnomer that most people make is that high impedance head gear is harder on the battery. It is actually the other way around. More impedance = more volts, but less amperage draw = easier on the battery overall. Less impedance = less volts, but higher amperage draw = harder on the battery overall. There are scenarios though that make the above statements not true though, but they are normally and generally the exception to the rule (i.e. sensitivity rating can change this completely around).

I think that there must be something wrong with the IEM as suggested. You aren't using a balanced connection from the DAP to a SE cable or connection anywhere on the IEM are you? Point is that this will short grounds, and while I don't think it would necessarily cause your specific issue, it is possible because electricity can do some pretty weird stuff when things aren't quite right.

But, yes, if there is a short in the IEM somewhere, this could cause the issue as well. Shorting hot wires would be more immediate, and more destructive than shorting grounds.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #10,339 of 10,343
Thanks jamato8 and samandhi

Was hopping for this kind of answer, because if its normal usage scenario its unsustainable trashing battery like that

I do use 4.4 balanced but no any kind of adapters, first listen was with stock cable and at home with Effect audio one

Last two purchases unlucky, first Oriveti 700vb broke need to send it back, and now this, brand new Titan

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:40 AM Post #10,341 of 10,343
1) Would Mango work with offline tidal?
2) Will Tidal play in max bitrate with this DAP?
1. Nope. Most, if not all, streaming services don't allow playback of downloaded files through other apps (they encrypt them so you can't just play them in any app). Having said that, if you don't like the Tidal app, you can integrate Tidal into UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro).
2.Yes it should.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #10,342 of 10,343
1. Nope. Most, if not all, streaming services don't allow playback of downloaded files through other apps (they encrypt them so you can't just play them in any app). Having said that, if you don't like the Tidal app, you can integrate Tidal into UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro).
2.Yes it should.
Thank you.
It’s just to my understanding that most DAP’s running Tidal don’t allow max bitrate from Tidal, or other apps I guess, however - from what I’ve read about tidal and the dx320. It actually might should.

If anybody else wants to drop an idea if it does play max bitrate from tidal please let me know!

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #10,343 of 10,343
Thank you.
It’s just to my understanding that most DAP’s running Tidal don’t allow max bitrate from Tidal, or other apps I guess, however - from what I’ve read about tidal and the dx320. It actually might should.

If anybody else wants to drop an idea if it does play max bitrate from tidal please let me know!
Your welcome! :)

I wouldn't say "most" other DAPs though. As for the ones that are on android, it will come down to a couple things, 1)how well the MQA "unfolding" is implemented and whether it is compatable with the Tidal app & 2)whether the DAP is set up to bypass the built in 24/48 android limitation.

Unless an update from iBasso, or one from Tidal has broken unfolding, it should unfold all the way. Also EVERY song will bypass the built-in android limitation (something iBasso came out with first, and is known for), and will play bit-perfect as long as the app is capable of doing so. According to Tidal a couple/few years ago the Tidal app was made to be bit-perfect.

I don't know if it actually is because I no longer use Tidal, but if you are unsure, run Tidal through UAPP because that app IS indeed bit-perfect. Just some thoughts to think about. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back