DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 31, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #5,056 of 10,347
How do you get a Whitigr modded board? You buy a stock amp and then send it to UK for modding and then he sends it back?

Jul 31, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #5,057 of 10,347
How do you get a Whitigr modded board? You buy a stock amp and then send it to UK for modding and then he sends it back?
That's entirely up to what mod you want. If you want a Whitigir mod send the amp12 to Whitigir in the USA. Just contact him. If you would like an EXN mod contact Steve.NP Audio UK. If you do not already have an Amp 12 you can order a brand new ready made board. Go faster and it will be cheaper.

Aug 1, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #5,058 of 10,347
The problem with this device is that beyond upgrading (to a still slow) Rock Chip CPU, this is the exact same device as the DX160. They have fixed the WiFi and BT issues, but IMO this shouldn't be released as a new device and should not cost more money.

On the other hand, I am glad to see that they are indeed trying to keep a presence in the mid-tier area also. I already know that this device will sound terrific (having the same DAC chips as the DX160) and is a very capable device for the $$.

Aug 1, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #5,059 of 10,347
The problem with this device is that beyond upgrading (to a still slow) Rock Chip CPU, this is the exact same device as the DX160. They have fixed the WiFi and BT issues, but IMO this shouldn't be released as a new device and should not cost more money.

On the other hand, I am glad to see that they are indeed trying to keep a presence in the mid-tier area also. I already know that this device will sound terrific (having the same DAC chips as the DX160) and is a very capable device for the $$.
Have you used and heard the DX170? It isn't slow and the sound is extremely good. It is a change from the DX160.

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #5,060 of 10,347

As a side note, since I just posted my first impression of DX170 in that thread, the overall performance based on AnTuTu 3D benchmark score is 45% faster than DX160/200/220, and it is even faster than some 430 SoC based daps. Of course, no match for 660 :)

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #5,062 of 10,347
New firmware loaded, no issues, the current burn-in process is approximately 70 hours, and it definitely sounds different. I will report my impressions after 100 hours of burn-in are completed.

also, is the AMP13 worth the upgrade? I like bass and clarity :)

Aug 1, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #5,063 of 10,347
Been listening for about 3 hours this morning. Have the DX320 streaming a 67 hour(!) 70s/80s playlist on Qobuz. Amp11mk2 3.5mm LO to 2.1 home office system. Software 2.03.855. Screen Lock None, Screen Timeout 30 Seconds, Screen Saver Off.

So far, I've not had to use the volume button at all for waking the DX320. I've noticed...FWIW, it matters how much finger pad is used (not finger tip), and that the taps are deliberately spaced (rather than super fast). About 1/2 the time the 320 will wake on the first set of deliberate double taps, and the other 1/2 of the time it wakes on the second set of deliberate double taps...maybe a 1-2-3 seconds later. Not scientific by any means, but it is different than 2.02.834. I'd still have to use the volume button push a good bit to get the screen to wake.

EDIT: Going on 9 hours now.....plugged in for power at about hour 7 of streaming. Still not had to use the volume button for screen wake. I wake about every 20 minutes or so to skip a song in the playlist.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #5,064 of 10,347
Have you used and heard the DX170? It isn't slow and the sound is extremely good. It is a change from the DX160.
As a side note, since I just posted my first impression of DX170 in that thread, the overall performance based on AnTuTu 3D benchmark score is 45% faster than DX160/200/220, and it is even faster than some 430 SoC based daps. Of course, no match for 660 :)
Ah, well then, I stand corrected. Good to know.

Aug 1, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #5,065 of 10,347
Ah, well then, I stand corrected. Good to know.

As I was just talking to someone about this, I haven't done too much testing, this was based on AnTuTu 3D benchmark score where DX170 really shined in comparison to DX160. But, I just mentioned in DX170 thread, that dap has only 2GB of RAM and running Android 11, so you have to be very careful with resources. I had to uninstall APKPure app after I installed Google Play Store, because APKPure runs in the background, checking apps, storage space, etc, and eats into RAM resources. As a result, streaming apps were quite laggy, but improved by a margin once I uninstalled APKPure app.

You have to be realistic, if you want a better system performance you go with DX240, and if you want the flagship performance (audio and system) you go with DX320.

Aug 1, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #5,066 of 10,347
As I was just talking to someone about this, I haven't done too much testing, this was based on AnTuTu 3D benchmark score where DX170 really shined in comparison to DX160. But, I just mentioned in DX170 thread, that dap has only 2GB of RAM and running Android 11, so you have to be very careful with resources. I had to uninstall APKPure app after I installed Google Play Store, because APKPure runs in the background, checking apps, storage space, etc, and eats into RAM resources. As a result, streaming apps were quite laggy, but improved by a margin once I uninstalled APKPure app.

You have to be realistic, if you want a better system performance you go with DX240, and if you want the flagship performance (audio and system) you go with DX320.
That totally makes sense. I have to do all of that with the DX160 also, and I have been pretty happy with it. I know its slower, but there are really only two apps I use with it and expected no more (Amazon Music and Neutron).

It also looks like (from reading somewhere) they are also going back to the Sharp screen, so perhaps I was a bit hasty in my earlier comments?! Though I won't be parting with my DX160 anytime soon, I look forward to hearing more impression on the DX170 thread.

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #5,067 of 10,347
WARNING... DO NOT USE NEUTRON'S "DSD OVER PCM" ON DX320...
Screenshot_20220801-163322_Gallery.jpg
Neutron ITSELF has a bug, not IBasso, so don't go blaming iBasso.

The bug is NOT on the other DAPs such as the dx300.

The bug only exists on dx320, and Neutron has not responded to my complaint, as it is only pertaining to the dx320.

The bug is NEUTRON ONLY... NO OTHER MUSIC PLAYERS.
IT WILL SEND A LOUD POP (according to volume level), AND POSSIBLY BLOW YOUR IEM OR EAR, on thAT specific DSD setting... Also on some native DSD files!

This was tested on two dx320, to verify the "pop", which occurs just after 1 second after a pause, and only when pausing DSD music on Neutron.

I used two dx300, and two dx320 to verify my findings.
20220801_161347.jpg
Bottom line, use Neutron, "at your own risk "!

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #5,068 of 10,347
The same Neutron on two different models of DAP but it only pops on one of them ... I'm not suggesting that anything is inherently "wrong" with the 320 but how exactly are you completely ruling out the issue being with the 320 and placing it all with Neutron?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #5,070 of 10,347
The same Neutron on two different models of DAP but it only pops on one of them ... I'm not suggesting that anything is inherently "wrong" with the 320 but how exactly are you completely ruling out the issue being with the 320 and placing it all with Neutron?
It is with Neutron, as none of four other music players tested, even mango, none have this issue except Neutron...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back