DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Apr 4, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #781 of 949
Help me please!
Mine arrived yesterday. My last DAP was/is also an iBasso but it had no internal memory and relied upon micro SD only, probably a eight or nine years old or close to that .
I use a MacBook Pro to burn CDs and then transfer them to via Wifi to my Aurender W20 using the external CD drive Apple sells and using a free-ware program called "Phile Audio".
I tried this combo last night with no success transferring the files to the DX260. I then read that if using a Mac, you need to download Android File Transfer. I dd. This time I was able to transfer files to the Android OS and I thought I had transferred them to the Mango OS too. They appeared as files in both places. But they would not play. Everything I tried resulted in no music or "can't open file" messages.
Also, I found it interesting that even though with Android File Transfer the files went to the DX260 hard drive, the DX260 never did appear as a connected device to my MBP!
This morning I pulled the ancient micro SC card out of my ancient iBasso and plugged it into the DX260. The files were shown in Android but same exact thing-could not get them to play and would get "can't open file" messages.
Then I tried to play the same files using Mango and voila-music. Finally something.
I have lots of questions.
1) Would I be better off burning my many CD's using a PC rather than my Mac? (I do have both).
2) I like having a CD burning software program where you can specify your destination so that you don't have to manually drag and drop files from laptop to device (DX260).
What do I need to do to make that happen? Is there a better CD burning program (I will pay for one).
3) I have read Mango sounds better anyway. Should I just ditch Android and stick to playing music back with Mango?
4) I have an active Qobuz account. But when I pulled Qobuz up on the DX260 and signed it it showed me as an account holder and then bizarrely gave me a message that my Qobuz account had expired. What? Not true with my iPad and MBP streaming Qobuz just fine.
5) Not unique to the DX260 but I have never been successful at moving songs into subfiles when the entire CD does not transfer as a separate folder. What is the danged trick to doing that? I tried creating new folders on the DX260 but there seems to be no way with Phile or with the DX260 to move music files in and out of subfolders. I had this
Any help, even if only to one of my questions would be most appreciated.
I use dbpoweramp on my MacBook Pro. It does take some getting used to, but I can definitely recommend it overall.

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #782 of 949
Ok, sorry to keep asking questions about this, I promise this is my last! I've taken the SD card out of the DX260, my Macbook pro won't recognise it. I have the tag fixing software on my Mac!! Disk utility just says Master Boot Record. Windows doesn't want to recognise it, but does after a restart. It's formatted as exFAT, so why can't Mac recognise it? Does the android system do something to it?

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #783 of 949
Ok, sorry to keep asking questions about this, I promise this is my last! I've taken the SD card out of the DX260, my Macbook pro won't recognise it. I have the tag fixing software on my Mac!! Disk utility just says Master Boot Record. Windows doesn't want to recognise it, but does after a restart. It's formatted as exFAT, so why can't Mac recognise it? Does the android system do something to it?
I think your issue and mine are similar. There is something about Mac/Apple and Android that creates issues.

Apr 4, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #784 of 949
I use them with my Mac. I am on the latest software. Let me put one in right now and check the latest software on my Mac an a card I use in the DX.
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.16.02.png

No problem, I just hit allow and it works fine. Fat32. Another card in ExFat. No problem.

Apr 4, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #785 of 949

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240405-005800.png
    Screenshot_20240405-005800.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #786 of 949
I use them with my Mac. I am on the latest software. Let me put one in right now and check the latest software on my Mac an a card I use in the DX.
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.16.02.png

No problem, I just hit allow and it works fine. Fat32. Another card in ExFat. No problem.
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I don't know what's going on....I've fixed a load of tags on the master drive and am currently erasing and copying over to the SD card again. We'll see......

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #788 of 949
Apr 4, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #789 of 949
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I don't know what's going on....I've fixed a load of tags on the master drive and am currently erasing and copying over to the SD card again. We'll see......
I would do a factory reset of the DX260. I hope you get it up and running soon. Listening today while my wife was getting her eyes examined with the 3T 154 and the sound is so good. I had to look at the combo. I am amazed with what ibasso has done.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #790 of 949
I am returning mine. First, my retailer who has a big well-known name has been of zero support.
Second, today I spent hours with a PC with a CD drive and Roxio's "Easy DC and DVD burning 2" software that I paid for at MicroCenter and still, nothing goes to the DX260.
I am frustrated as hell (needless to say).
The lack of product support and the crappy instruction manual are paramount in my list of complaints.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #791 of 949
I am returning mine. First, my retailer who has a big well-known name has been of zero support.
Second, today I spent hours with a PC with a CD drive and Roxio's "Easy DC and DVD burning 2" software that I paid for at MicroCenter and still, nothing goes to the DX260.
I am frustrated as hell (needless to say).
The lack of product support and the crappy instruction manual are paramount in my list of complaints.
There is always a learning curve. I just copy the CD to a file, name the file and then load it onto an SD card. Or I buy the music from a place like ProStudioMasters (great selection and quality), and load it to the sd card with a card reader. Fast and easy. I use the DX260 every day.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #792 of 949
Btw, I spent money on an external Dell CD drive for my $3,000 Alien (Dell) laptop, bought a new micro SD XD card, tried burning to the card using a ScanDisc card reader and to the internal memory of the DX260 and nothing and I mean nothing after hours of attempts works.
I even question if this well-known etailer sent me a brand new and unused unit.
I am about to name them as they have been radio silent as to my request for help.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #793 of 949
Btw, I spent money on an external Dell CD drive for my $3,000 Alien (Dell) laptop, bought a new micro SD XD card, tried burning to the card using a ScanDisc card reader and to the internal memory of the DX260 and nothing and I mean nothing after hours of attempts works.
I even question if this well-known etailer sent me a brand new and unused unit.
I am about to name them as they have been radio silent as to my request for help.
That would be frustrating. I don't understand why it is so hard. I used the same method of loading a card for the Sony I have and other daps but have been using the DX260 all the time due to the sound and for me, the ease of use.

The seller won't email you back? They are just online? Have you tried the do a factory reset in the Android section of the settings? The DX260 won't read the card? Do the songs show up when you put the sd card in the card reader and have it attached to the computer? I use Mac but also have a PC. I use either Fat32 or ExFat formatting and Sandisk or Micron commercial micro SD cards.

Apr 5, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #794 of 949
I have no clue if this is legit, but that screams scam.

Please do not confuse this with the USA dealer https://bloomaudio.com/
Its definitely a scam, it looks like the same company a few years ago that had a U.K. website that kept changing their name, they are working out from China, just look at some of their IEM pricing.

IMG_7257.png

Apr 5, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #795 of 949
I'm in SD card hell! So what I've just established is that when I format an old Sandisc Ultra 16gb card in the DX260, setting it up as portable media, I can then put it straight into my Mac with an adapter and it recognises it and mounts it. When I do the same with the new Sandisc Extreme Pro 1tb card, the Mac won't mount it and says I've got to Eject/Ignore/Initialise the card. It is recognised on my Windows machine however. Really annoying. @Paul - iBasso does the sd card software in the DX260 need updating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back