DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Feb 25, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #646 of 1,067
Have you seen, used and heard the DX260? It is without a doubt, no step backwards in any area, IMO. The sound is very natural, layered, very open and detailed. The the case quality is extremely good. I have opened it and the CNC work is top notch.
No, I haven't heard it, but you can't compare an Insignia Dac like the ES9038pro, which even today is implemented in very high-budget Dac and Dac/Amps because they are super-resolution. And I don't see the Cirrus Logic Dacs in practically any product except in low-end or entry-level products like the DX170, the Hiby M300 of which I am the owner and its sound, well, that's a normal Dac no more no less, with a more sound. well focused on the lowest frequencies

Feb 25, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #647 of 1,067
I donno maybe its the amp side but the DX300 is significantly better in terms of producing low level information. What the DX260 does better is enhanced dynamics but the loss of detail despite having more dac chips is really annoying.
I don't hear the loss of details. I wouldn't like that but don't hear a diminished sound quality with the DX260.

How many hours do you have on the DX260?

Feb 25, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #649 of 1,067
No idea as it was a demo unit. But based off the week that it was available for demo before I could go down to try it I would say about 10hrs.
It needs a minimum of 100 hours of play time for the caps to form and everything to settle into place. You haven't really heard the DX260 at this point.

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #650 of 1,067
I really miss the old Andriod Mango music player interface.

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #651 of 1,067
I really miss the old Andriod Mango music player interface.
UAPP is the best (IMHO). Installed on my Android phone, as well as EVERY Android DAP...

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #653 of 1,067
Agree with burn in ..Played DX260 for over 100 hours..Using EE Raven/Odyssey noted player more open dynamic sound stage opening up very well.Have DX 320 obviously a different sound & player both excellent.
Thank you John ..ymmv

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #654 of 1,067
Agree with burn in ..Played DX260 for over 100 hours..Using EE Raven/Odyssey noted player more open dynamic sound stage opening up very well.Have DX 320 obviously a different sound & player both excellent.
Thank you John ..ymmv
I love the combination of the T3-154 and the DX260. The sound is in front and outside of my head! Superb sound.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #656 of 1,067
Can any of you guys tell me how the 3.5mm SE output is SQ wise relative to the 4.4mm balanced? I get the impression that most DAPS treat the SE output as a necessary evil and pour all the quality into their balanced connection. Anyone using single ended anymore?

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #657 of 1,067
Can any of you guys tell me how the 3.5mm SE output is SQ wise relative to the 4.4mm balanced? I get the impression that most DAPS treat the SE output as a necessary evil and pour all the quality into their balanced connection. Anyone using single ended anymore?
Honestly, I don’t even know why anyone want to use 3.5 mm SE anymore either. I reterminated all of my cables to 4.4 mm. It’s a superior plug with larger contacts and should sound better as well.

I can testing SE and report back though with that said.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #658 of 1,067
Honestly, I don’t even know why anyone want to use 3.5 mm SE anymore either. I reterminated all of my cables to 4.4 mm. It’s a superior plug with larger contacts and should sound better as well.

I can testing SE and report back though with that said.
I get it; 4.4 is superior- that’s a given and I too have put balanced cables on 3 of my 4 IEM/headphones. I have one IEM with a single ended cable - a Noble Audio Jade with the stock cable which I happen to like. So I was thinking about the Ibasso dx260 and was curious whether or not the SE output was “usable” or should I have to upgrade to a balanced cable on these as well? Upgrading the cable is a further +£200 expense on top of the cost of the dx260…

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #659 of 1,067
I get it; 4.4 is superior- that’s a given and I too have put balanced cables on 3 of my 4 IEM/headphones. I have one IEM with a single ended cable - a Noble Audio Jade with the stock cable which I happen to like. So I was thinking about the Ibasso dx260 and was curious whether or not the SE output was “usable” or should I have to upgrade to a balanced cable on these as well? Upgrading the cable is a further +£200 expense on top of the cost of the dx260…
Why not learning how to DIY and reterminate the 4.4 mm cable yourself? You can save so much money by doing so. I started out knowing how to solder and I am very good at it now. I really don’t see the point on a 3.5 mm on a device with a 4.4 mm output anymore honestly. Designer can utilize that space for a second microSD slot or larger capacitors and improve the sound even further.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #660 of 1,067
I'm using both SE and balanced with my DX260 and don't notice a difference. I have lots of devices(mostly gaming stuff(PSVR2, Steam Deck, etc) that have SE only, so I'm using both SE and balanced pretty frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back