DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 31, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #496 of 943
Sorry, I missed that one. How much tax did you pay on top of that?
20% on the total price (product + shipping) as usual.

Since you are also in Germany, if you end up buying the Zx707 I can give you my original Sony leather case for free if you like (costs about $120). It still looks brand new and I don't use it so I don't need it anymore because I bought the Dignis case and I use that one :) Just send me a private message in this case so I don't miss it.

Feb 1, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #498 of 943
After about 75 hours of burn in I could no longer resist comparing the DX260 with my FiiO M15s. They are in a similar price bracket, the M15s is about 10% more expensive.
My impressions are as follows: at 75 hours the DX260 is musical, detailed, wide and airy, excellent tight bass; the highs are a little too forward and can display sibilance; the mids are at this stage perhaps a little too refined (if that's the right word). The dX260's sound signature appears to be pushed a bit towards the higher end, and rock in particular can sound quite jangly to my ears. The M15s is equally musical, may lack an iota of the detail, but each note has much more weight and presence and the overall signature is more well-balanced, and this is true across a range of genres. The M15s just has more bite to it, making it a more engaging proposition. The M15s is, of course, quite a bit bigger and heavier than the iBasso. I'll give the DX260 another few days of burn in to see if it makes any difference, but as it is it's looking sadly unlikely to be a keeper.

For those who are interested, I tested using Sennheiser IE900 IEMs playing Qobuz high res tracks through the balanced output, mostly classical, jazz, rock and folk genres.

Edit - for anyone reading this for the first time, take a look at my comparison after 200+ later in this thread.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #500 of 943
I got my DX260 Yesterday, and I started debloating following the link here. So far, it's Still working fine with the issue. Now, I did not remove everything; I am still testing.

I have disabled these settings, and the Player continues to work.
Play music through Tidal. Offline
Medium Gain
Digital Filter D4
FIR 4x
Location Disable.
Using JM XTC 2.5 Headphones.

Disable the process below, and the player still works fine.

com.android.bips
com.android.bluetoothmidiservice
com.android.calculator2
com.android.calllogbackup
com.android.carrierconfig
com.android.carrierconfig.overlay.common
com.android.carrierdefaultapp
com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver
com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver.module
com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver.overlay.common
com.android.cellbroadcastservice
com.android.companiondevicemanager
com.android.dreams.basic
com.android.dreams.phototable
com.android.egg
com.android.emergency
com.android.hotspot2.osulogin
com.android.inputdevices
com.android.managedprovisioning
com.android.mms.service
com.android.musicfx
com.android.ons
com.android.pacprocessor
com.android.phone
com.android.phone.overlay.common
com.android.printspooler
com.android.protips
com.android.providers.blockednumber
com.android.providers.calendar
com.android.providers.contacts
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
com.android.providers.telephony
com.android.providers.userdictionary
com.android.proxyhandler
com.android.server.telecom
com.android.server.telecom.overlay.common
com.android.simappdialog
com.android.smspush
com.android.stk
com.android.traceur
com.android.wallpaper.livepicker
com.dsi.ant.server
com.google.android.apps.restore
com.google.android.ext.shared
com.google.android.feedback
com.google.android.gms.location.history
com.google.android.onetimeinitializer
com.google.android.partnersetup
com.google.android.printservice.recommendation
com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar
com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts
com.google.android.tts
com.qti.dpmserviceapp
com.qti.service.colorservice
com.qualcomm.embms
com.qualcomm.location
com.qualcomm.location.XT
com.qualcomm.qti.cne
com.qualcomm.qti.dynamicddsservice
com.qualcomm.qti.lpa
com.qualcomm.qti.qms.service.connectionsecurity
com.qualcomm.qti.qms.service.trustzoneaccess
com.qualcomm.qti.seccamservice
com.qualcomm.qti.services.secureui
com.qualcomm.qti.services.systemhelper
com.qualcomm.qti.workloadclassifier
com.qualcomm.wfd.service
org.lineageos.setupwizard
vendor.qti.iwlan

https://www.reddit.com/r/walkman/co...p&utm_name=ioscss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #501 of 943
So far 1 hour of play it drained 8% on my end.

Play music through Tidal. Offline
Volume 50
Medium Gain
Digital Filter D4
FIR 4x
Location Disable. On the device.
Using JM XTC 2.5 Headphones.

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #502 of 943
After about 75 hours of burn in I could no longer resist comparing the DX260 with my FiiO M15s. They are in a similar price bracket, the M15s is about 10% more expensive.
My impressions are as follows: at 75 hours the DX260 is musical, detailed, wide and airy, excellent tight bass; the highs are a little too forward and can display sibilance; the mids are at this stage perhaps a little too refined (if that's the right word). The dX260's sound signature appears to be pushed a bit towards the higher end, and rock in particular can sound quite jangly to my ears. The M15s is equally musical, may lack an iota of the detail, but each note has much more weight and presence and the overall signature is more well-balanced, and this is true across a range of genres. The M15s just has more bite to it, making it a more engaging proposition. The M15s is, of course, quite a bit bigger and heavier than the iBasso. I'll give the DX260 another few days of burn in to see if it makes any difference, but as it is it's looking sadly unlikely to be a keeper.

For those who are interested, I tested using Sennheiser IE900 IEMs playing Qobuz high res tracks through the balanced output, mostly classical, jazz, rock and folk genres.
I heard sibilance also and it went away. It needs over 100 hours of play time.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #504 of 943
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #505 of 943
I was supposed to get mine today, been literally at home waiting for it, but the person in my building who accepts packages was out to lunch when UPS attempted delivery. Now it's scheduled for Monday. Ouch. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but you guys know how it is lol.
200w.gif

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #508 of 943

Users who are viewing this thread

Back