DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 28, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #451 of 949
We, obviously have different ears. The 1K is a little rougher sounding in the upper octaves, and the DX320 can throw a much nicer sound stage IMO.
Ive had the dx320 with most amps, even moded ones and i dont agree. Its a fantastic dap but the sp1k has to my ears a more refined presentation, less aggressive mids and wider soundstage. The overall sound is more laid back, very airy and spacious where the dx320 attacks more with the textures and sounds closer to the face. The dx320 has more pronounced holography (the sp1k doesnt lack in this regard but is more fluid sounding). The dx320 is more forward and punchy where the sp1k is also very dynamic but calmer and smoother overall.
The dx320 has over double the power tho and has more amp options so its also a great product and for some, it will be a better option, especially having a new open android.
But when i want to boost the sp1k performance to another level, like definitely higher than the sp2000, i pair it with the pa10 class A amp.

Jan 28, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #452 of 949
We, obviously have different ears. The 1K is a little rougher sounding in the upper octaves, and the DX320 can throw a much nicer sound stage IMO.
Sp1k is even better than the dx320 imo. Its quite small but heavy, i use it on the go tho. You can get it for 800-900 bucks used.
If one wished to go with less weight than the SP1000, does perhaps the AK SR35 or some other stand up to the DX260?

Jan 28, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #453 of 949
If one wished to go with less weight than the SP1000, does perhaps the AK SR35 or some other stand up to the DX260?
I havent heard the dx260 but i liked the sr35 very much. It didnt have as big soundstage as the IBasso DC-Elite tho (from memory) so i bet it could also lose against the dx260 in this particular department. But the sound was great and very very accurate, typically for the AK dap. It sounded very dynamic, with a very distinct separation and imaging and slightly warmish in timbre.
For a portable use, i would encourage you to take a shot with the DC Elite. For me its one of the best products ive tried in the last years. Price/form factor to performance ratio is insane in this case.

Jan 28, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #454 of 949
I love Questyle products and can tell you that the DX240 is clearly better than a QP2R but then I also preferred the QP1R. Judging from reports, I think you'd love the DX260.

I haven't heard a CMA18P but I doubt any portable outboard device would be as good.
Thanks man, I will see if i can grab a 260.

Jan 28, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #455 of 949
How would you compare the sound of an iPhone 15Pro with the DC Elite Dongle vs the DX260 in terms of detail, air, soundstage? The more I burn in the DX260, the more detailed and airy and balanced it is becoming. But I like the idea of being able to carry my iPhone and still plugging into DX260 sound quality if that's the true case using the DC Elite.

Jan 28, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #457 of 949
I’m curious which finish you are all going for; Black or Siver? And how is your choice living up to expectations?
I order silver hasn't arrived yet

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #458 of 949
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #460 of 949
Anyone compared DX260 to Mojo 2? Please share your thoughts.

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #461 of 949
How are peoples volume knobs? Mine is very rough. I actually have to pull it out a bit to get a smooth roll. If I use just my thumb the action is very rough. This is without the included case.

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #464 of 949
Yeahhh, I’m gonna worry about it. Haha.

It’s not a great user experience.
I have taken it apart. It isn't hard, there is a steel pin that goes through a groove in the volume control knob. What can happen is a small piece of grit can get into where the metal shaft of the volume control goes through the metal of the case and it will be rough. Has not effect on anything because the volume wheel has a shaft that goes into a module that then sends a signal to a chip for the volume. It is like a remote. I have taken it totally apart, like I mentioned and it really is very well made. Nice tolerance but some grit would make it feel rough.

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #465 of 949
I have taken it apart. It isn't hard, there is a steel pin that goes through a groove in the volume control knob. What can happen is a small piece of grit can get into where the metal shaft of the volume control goes through the metal of the case and it will be rough. Has not effect on anything because the volume wheel has a shaft that goes into a module that then sends a signal to a chip for the volume. It is like a remote. I have taken it totally apart, like I mentioned and it really is very well made. Nice tolerance but some grit would make it feel rough.
Came out of the box like this. I’ll try some compressed air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back