DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 26, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #391 of 1,000
After extensive listens yesterday, I've been blown away by the DX260. I'm hearing a wider soundstage than the 240, the music just has a bit more space to breathe. And I'm loving the explosiveness of the 260, the music feels more alive and I feel like I'm hearing things that I haven't heard before. So yeah, this thing is a keeper.

I agree, the wheel feels cheaper, but good to hear that it's well built underneath. My issue is that it is too easy to adjust, like when putting the 260 in my pocket. The 240 had enough give to it where it would only move when I intentionally moved it.

Another minor issue I'm having is that the buttons are too sensitive. There have been a number of times where I accidentally skip to the next/previous track when just picking up and moving the dap.

But, so far, I'm extremely happy with the 260 and feel like this one will stick around for a while.

Jan 26, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #393 of 1,000
After extensive listens yesterday, I've been blown away by the DX260. I'm hearing a wider soundstage than the 240, the music just has a bit more space to breathe. And I'm loving the explosiveness of the 260, the music feels more alive and I feel like I'm hearing things that I haven't heard before. So yeah, this thing is a keeper.

I agree, the wheel feels cheaper, but good to hear that it's well built underneath. My issue is that it is too easy to adjust, like when putting the 260 in my pocket. The 240 had enough give to it where it would only move when I intentionally moved it.

Another minor issue I'm having is that the buttons are too sensitive. There have been a number of times where I accidentally skip to the next/previous track when just picking up and moving the dap.

But, so far, I'm extremely happy with the 260 and feel like this one will stick around for a while.
Sounds good! Which amp module on the 240 did you compare it with?

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #397 of 1,000
No wonder Paul said they were very happy with the amp that's there. :beerchug:
Following Ibasso new products and dedicated threads, one can sum up pretty much how Ibasso is doing thing. Improvements made to every new products, and even though Ibasso is pretty fast on releasing different product lines up. They still care and improve the products vs the existed one in both engineering specs and real practical performances. Yepe, and that is why D16+PB5 is all MINE!!!

Jan 26, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #399 of 1,000

Hah. I have had the same problem with the AK3000 with the side buttons. So I guess we just got to be more careful. 😊

Jan 26, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #400 of 1,000
Yep. I just got my DX260 and am listening to a downloaded album. I stopped it for 3 minutes. Restarted -> POP! Ouch!
We are working on a new Firmware release that will decrease this to barely audible. We should have the firmware out very soon. I am assuming you got this while streaming.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 26, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #401 of 1,000
We are working on a new Firmware release that will decrease this to barely audible. We should have the firmware out very soon. I am assuming you got this while streaming.
Actually, I had downloaded the album from Apple Music, so it was not streaming. It was Charles Lloyd, The Water is Wide, and was Apple lossless (not HiRes lossless). Hope that helps.

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #403 of 1,000
I just received mine today, but with 0% battery.
Is it normal?
I have received players with almost 100%, 50% and almost none to none. Is it charging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back