DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 24, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #361 of 977
That’s actually a positive for the 260. Amp8 mk2s is considered the pinnacle of the dx240 factory configs at an extra cost and here it’s right there iut of the box.
Absolutely, I completely agree! It's been fun listening so far, it really sounds great and I think the upgrade from the 240 will pay off in the long run, with the updated processor and replaceable battery.

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #362 of 977
Absolutely, I completely agree! It's been fun listening so far, it really sounds great and I think the upgrade from the 240 will pay off in the long run, with the updated processor and replaceable battery.
I believe the processor is the same and yes, plenty fast.

Jan 24, 2024 at 8:28 PM Post #363 of 977
I've had the dx260 for a couple of days now, here are some initial thoughts in random order.

I've been trying to compare it to the dx240 (AMP8 MK2S) and to my ears the two are very similar. I think I detect a bit more mid-bass in the dx260, but if so, it's a very subtle difference. It's really hard to say if the 260 sounds better than the 240, but time may tell on this. I even tried comparing the two iBasso DAPs to my Shanling M6 Ultra, the Shanling seems a bit darker, but once again the difference seems subtle, if not just in my head because I want to like the 260 better. In a blind test between the 3, I don't think I would be able to tell them apart at the moment.

As far as power goes, I listen with my Solitaire T headphones and there is much more power with the 260 vs 240. On the 260 I can listen on low gain with the volume around 40, whereas on the 240 on medium gain the volume is around 60. That said, I never had any problems powering with the 240, but just that there is a difference.

Using Roon Remote and Roon Arc, the 260 is faster and more responsive than the 240, I'm guessing because of the faster processor.

The 260 is slightly wider than the 240 and slightly shorter, and apparently is lighter, even though my hands tell me that the 240 is the lighter one. I think I prefer the size of the 240 as it just fits well in my hand, but this is not a deal breaker. Also, the volume wheel on the 260 feels flimsy and cheap compared to the 240, again not a deal breaker though. Other than that, like the 240, the build is excellent.

I'll keep listening to see if I notice any other differences and post back if anything changes.
Thanks man!

You have a planar headphones?

Jan 24, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #364 of 977
Thanks man!

IMO the DX260 sounds better than the DX240. More open and extremely musical. The DX240 sounds very good as well but the DX260 is just a different dap, and to me, it sounds nothing like the DX240.

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #367 of 977
I believe the processor is the same and yes, plenty fast.

Oh yeah, you're right they are the same. I assumed they would upgrade, but either way no complaints, it's very well optimized.

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #368 of 977
Thanks man!

No, don't have planar headphones. The Solitaire T are pretty easy to drive, but there is lots of juice left for harder to drive cans.

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #369 of 977
Oh yeah, you're right they are the same. I assumed they would upgrade, but either way no complaints, it's very well optimized.
Yes, when I scan or make a selection, the speed is extremely good. On navigation etc., if is as fast as my iPhone 13 Pro. I don't think it could get faster unless it anticipates what I am going to do, and I don't want that. I need to think for myself. :^)

Jan 25, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #370 of 977
IMO the DX260 sounds better than the DX240. More open and extremely musical. The DX240 sounds very good as well but the DX260 is just a different dap, and to me, it sounds nothing like the DX240.
I'll hear one some time but I couldn't be happier with my tweaked DX240. The DX260 sounds like a boon for the normal consumer! :ksc75smile:
It's an odd hobby. Some don't notice the difference in filters and others are super geeks.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #371 of 977
Hello,

I am new here. I found this board last year when I was looking for information about the SONY NW-ZX707.
As a Sony fan I would like to buy the ZX707, but unfortunately it is not available in Germany and an import from Japan is not possible for me.
This year I finally want to replace my 14-year-old iPod Touch with a new model.
A few days ago I saw that the DX260 is already available in Germany. I prefer the SONY design and I prefer buttons for the volume and no volume wheel. Nevertheless, it seems to be an interesting device and I am interested in a sound comparison between the ZX707 and the DX260. Maybe someone can also comment on the longevity of iBasso devices, because as you can see I use such devices for a long time. Thank you for all your information and please excuse my poor English.

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #372 of 977
Hello,

I am new here. I found this board last year when I was looking for information about the SONY NW-ZX707.
As a Sony fan I would like to buy the ZX707, but unfortunately it is not available in Germany and an import from Japan is not possible for me.
A few days ago I saw that the DX260 is already available in Germany. I prefer the SONY design and I prefer buttons for the volume and no volume wheel. Nevertheless, it seems to be an interesting device and I am interested in a sound comparison between the ZX707 and the DX260. Maybe someone can also comment on the longevity of iBasso devices, because as you can see I use such devices for a long time. Thank you for all your information and please excuse my poor English.
You can try this, it will be probably even better than the dx260 and it doesnt have battery, you just charge your phone:

https://hifi-passion.de/marken/ibasso/ibasso-dc-elite

IMHO you dont need a dap when you get this unless you use a very power demanding headphones.

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #374 of 977
Jan 25, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #375 of 977
Hello,

I think you'll find the wheel fine. It has feel detents and a thumb works great. Easy yet not prone to changing on it's own. I would personally have some issue with the Sony due to the class D amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back