DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 19, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #331 of 949
Ordered mine yesterday and received today. From Spain to Portugal.
It's on sale too: https://www.supersonido.es/p/ibasso-dx260
Looks like sale is over.

1705688786955.png

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #333 of 949
I disagree.

I have been in the hifi business as a shop owner (car audio) for 27 years. Many of the manufacturers or distributors I deal with are also involved with hifi and with the best companies it works like this:

If an authorised dealer starts supplying an unauthorised dealer without permission or if they start advertising heavy discounts online, the distributor or manufacturer closes their account. End of
As an aside, sure looks like there's plenty of profit margin, if one unauthorized vendor can sell to the public at a huge discount, and he even has another vendor, an authorized one, selling to it at obviously even *lower* price.

Sheesh. How much did that unit cost the original authorized vendor buying from the company? I don't even want to think about it.

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #334 of 949
As an aside, sure looks like there's plenty of profit margin, if one unauthorized vendor can sell to the public at a huge discount, and he even has another vendor, an authorized one, selling to it at obviously even *lower* price.

Sheesh. How much did that unit cost the original authorized vendor buying from the company? I don't even want to think about it.
Doesn’t matter, companies still go under and dealers can still bankrupt. Good products and good supports is all that matter to support a sustainable business model. Good products and good supports can be timeless and priceless. As a consumer, spending within your mean and desires is all that matters, because I am sure however any person judging a company products at it pricing and distributing and business conducts, he/she wouldn’t be able to run a similar company and last as long

Portable Hi-Fi is a very fierce market at the moment. You may think there are profits to make, but in reality, it is tougher than you think it is.

I have been in this hobby for sometimes, done a lot of stuff, and still doing a lot of homework’s before spending 😊. When I do, it is a support toward the brand and the product I enjoy. Sometimes I wait for a good sale, but most of the time, I want it Hawtt!!! Lol

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #335 of 949
What I don't understand is that in the UK, iBasso have 2 authorised dealers. Neither of them have yet to receive any stock for the DX260 and their websites are still showing Pre-Order status.

However, I could have purchased a device from an unauthorised dealer in China a week a go or from an authorised dealer in Europe yesterday with a massive discount.

iBasso don't have a large dealer network but it appears that they are starting to lose control which ultimately affects the brand and the customer.

Jan 20, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #339 of 949
btw, everything is perfect until I start using Mango Player. Whoever design this UI UX should be fired.
I find it very easy to use. but I am used to it but I like it more than some other UIs from other companies but they all take some getting used to, IMO. What is the issue that you find is difficult?

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #340 of 949
Any leather case available?

Jan 20, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #341 of 949
btw, everything is perfect until I start using Mango Player. Whoever design this UI UX should be fired.
Mango Player is the best among software players. For my taste, nothing better exists yet, and I would really like to see Mango Player available for download from the app store on another manufacturer's player.

In short, it's a matter of taste.

Jan 20, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #342 of 949
Mango Player is the best among software players. For my taste, nothing better exists yet, and I would really like to see Mango Player available for download from the app store on another manufacturer's player.

In short, it's a matter of taste.
Agreed! Honestly, years back when I started using dx200, I was annoyed by Mango player and MangoOS. It grew on me and over the years Ibasso has improved it so much until recently that it has surpassed any 3rd party apps that you could have had. I just love it whether Mango player in Android or MangoOS itself

Jan 20, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #344 of 949
Agreed! Honestly, years back when I started using dx200, I was annoyed by Mango player and MangoOS. It grew on me and over the years Ibasso has improved it so much until recently that it has surpassed any 3rd party apps that you could have had. I just love it whether Mango player in Android or MangoOS itself
Glad to hear you guys love it. I’m still getting use to it. Few questions on Mango Player:

1. How do I add playlist? And add song to playlist?
2. Can I sort the Album by Artist name?
3. Is there a “favourite” shortcut or button?
4. Can I play through folder?
5. How do I do search in Mango OS?
6. How do I go back to play screen after browsing? Without click on the “now playing” list and touch the song and it replay again.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back