DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 19, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #316 of 1,000
Where did you order it that it would arrive so quickly. Mine is still only pre-order in North America.
I live in France and was able to get the last one from a French website

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #317 of 1,000
Jan 19, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #318 of 1,000
Jan 19, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #319 of 1,000
Authorised Dealer offering 17.4% discount on a newly released product. That doesn't look good for the brand
But I'm not the one who's going to complain about that :sweat_smile:

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #321 of 1,000
But I'm not the one who's going to complain about that :sweat_smile:

I bet my Authorised Dealer will though when I don't go through with my order for a D16 Taipan unless I get the same discount 😂

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #323 of 1,000
Even when the iBasso is out of dated by Android (which is fairly longgg since currently Tidal still supports Android 6), I can use it as an offline DAP. But if I cannot replace the battery (at least by myself), I cannot use the device anymore even it has the newest Android :D

Just to be clear, Tidal hasn't supported Android 6 since version 2.67 back in 2022...

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #324 of 1,000
Authorised Dealer offering 17.4% discount on a newly released product. That doesn't look good for the brand
The brand as Ibasso and any other brands, can only do so much in regulating dealer pricing. After all, a dealer is a private business, and as a private entity, they can do whatever they want for their own regions/customer bases. You will be surprised to know what you can get from a good dealer, or better yet, be a good customer to them by continuously supporting their business (keep upgrading) :)

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #325 of 1,000
The brand as Ibasso and any other brands, can only do so much in regulating dealer pricing. After all, a dealer is a private business, and as a private entity, they can do whatever they want for their own regions/customer bases. You will be surprised to know what you can get from a good dealer, or better yet, be a good customer to them by continuously supporting their business (keep upgrading) :)

I disagree.

I have been in the hifi business as a shop owner (car audio) for 27 years. Many of the manufacturers or distributors I deal with are also involved with hifi and with the best companies it works like this:

If an authorised dealer starts supplying an unauthorised dealer without permission or if they start advertising heavy discounts online, the distributor or manufacturer closes their account. End of

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #327 of 1,000
I agree with that and don't get me wrong, I love iBasso products and just look at my signature.

It is a slippery slope and I have seen this happen to many brands over the years. Once you get a reputation for discounting, it is very difficult to reverse that image. The worst case scenario is when people start looking at iBasso's products and pricing and then do mental calculations that they will be able to get that product for considerably less than the retail price.

My biggest concern which I have mentioned before is that some customers are not aware that the shop they are purchasing from may not be an authorised dealer (but appear to be) and the warranty implications that are imposed on them without their knowledge.

Yes, I agree with that, and know it well :). But there is only so much the brand can do. I promise you, there are more to that. Ultimately, in the end of the day, everyone want to sell a product, making profit or to the least moving inventory, keeping the customer, regardless :wink:. That is why, whether or not a discount is being advertised, really doesnt matter to me..... because even the one they cant advertise, as a good customer, you can always get some sweet deals

In my opinion, the image and status of the brand is more from

1/ Customer services, selling parts, warranty, services on existed and used/older products
2/ The pricing VS performance and quality of the products

I dont judge any brands simply from discounted codes by dealers at all. For example, Sony walkman M2, at time of release, being at the right place, you can have 40% off, but not always, and Sony has never been a bad brand in my minds

**Disclosure** We are talking about "Negotiations" as a skills, it varies from base to base, and sometimes may come with conditions. Please don't base on my post and start thinking that you can buy everything at "discounts" automatically or easily to. You know the right price of the products is the MSRP, and that is that

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #328 of 1,000
I bet my Authorised Dealer will though when I don't go through with my order for a D16 Taipan unless I get the same discount 😂

I agree with that and don't get me wrong, I love iBasso products and just look at my signature.

It is a slippery slope and I have seen this happen to many brands over the years. Once you get a reputation for discounting, it is very difficult to reverse that image. The worst case scenario is when people start looking at iBasso's products and pricing and then do mental calculations that they will be able to get that product for considerably less than the retail price.

My biggest concern which I have mentioned before is that some customers are not aware that the shop they are purchasing from may not be an authorised dealer (but appear to be) and the warranty implications that are imposed on them without their knowledge.
It's a authorised dealer. https://ibasso.com/where-to-buy/

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #329 of 1,000
Jan 19, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #330 of 1,000
Are you getting D16 and PB5 as well ?

I am going to wait for some reviews first. Probably both but not at the same time 😂

I have just acquired a 300MAX Ti which arrives tomorrow and the D16 will be a really intriguing pair up 🙏

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back