DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 15, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #197 of 949
Thanks for the picture !!! That look to be the size of the Dx220 isn’t it ? Very nice size

I'm not quite sure but it is very compact for 2024 standards. Unfortunately I cannot get it to boot up at 100% battery, any suggestions? Lol. I suspect the DAP may be too cold (it's literally below freezing here in Houston so I think it might have gotten a little chilly on the delivery truck).

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #198 of 949
I've had about 20 different DAPs, never needed warranty service. People, what are you talking about?
Stuff happens. But I have had few issues. None with Sony, one or two with AK but I fixed them myself as I didn't want to send it in. A couple with iBasso .. . I think, oh battery but that is easy and not really a failure and I replaced the batteries myself. I have a couple of ibasso products with batteries that are 13 years old!

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #199 of 949
I'm not quite sure but it is very compact for 2024 standards. Unfortunately I cannot get it to boot up at 100% battery, any suggestions? Lol. I suspect the DAP may be too cold (it's literally below freezing here in Houston so I think it might have gotten a little chilly on the delivery truck).
Yeah, when it is too cold, even IPhones wouldn’t boot up. Let it sit at room temperature for a couple hours, and then using a low power charger to plug it in after that ?
Stuff happens. But I have had few issues. None with Sony, one or two with AK but I fixed them myself as I didn't want to send it in. A couple with iBasso .. . I think, oh battery but that is easy and not really a failure and I replaced the batteries myself. I have a couple of ibasso products with batteries that are 13 years old!
My Dx220 is still going strong with battery that lasts 4+ hours. It is about the same as any other Apple products that I have had such as IPhone 6-7 with old battery.

Also, Walkman WM1A/Z MK2 have seen problem of weak relays and intermittent sound when it isn’t operating correctly :wink:. I have helped a few to bypass and upgraded it as well

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #202 of 949
Put it in the oven. kidding.

Yes, those batteries don't like to be frozen but will come out of it ok. You might wake it up by plugging it into a computer with the low current going to the battery.

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #204 of 949
Put it in the oven. kidding.

Yes, those batteries don't like to be frozen but will come out of it ok. You might wake it up by plugging it into a computer with the low current going to the battery.
Don’t do it that way yet though, I suggest leaving it for a couple hours before doing that. For safety precautions. Once it is at ambient temperature, you can plug it in and leave it there for 30+ minutes, just in case the battery is deeply discharged

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #205 of 949
Don’t do it that way yet though, I suggest leaving it for a couple hours before doing that. For safety precautions. Once it is at ambient temperature, you can plug it in and leave it there for 30+ minutes, just in case the battery is deeply discharged
Yes, I would follow Vince's advice.

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #206 of 949
I suspect my click wheel might be broken? I have the device into recovery mode and I can navigate my options using the playback buttons but when I push the click wheel in to select an option nothing is happening. This may likely also explain why I can't regularly power on the device..

I am stuck here now.

IMG_8329.JPG

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #207 of 949
I suspect my click wheel might be broken? I have the device into recovery mode and I can navigate my options using the playback buttons but when I push the click wheel in to select an option nothing is happening. This may likely also explain why I can't regularly power on the device..

I am stuck here now.

IMG_8329.JPG
Not the first experience you need. Very sorry you are having issues. How disappointing.

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #208 of 949

I am stuck here now.

IMG_8329.JPG
Oh man, I am so sorry to hear this. It must be hard to swallow. I wonder if it happen to share the wheel with Dx320 lines up ?

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #209 of 949
Oh man, I am so sorry to hear this. It must be hard to swallow. I wonder if it happen to share the wheel with Dx320 lines up ?

Yeah I'm not happy here to say the least.

I understand defects happen and what not but this has just left a very sour taste for me unfortunately. I bought this from iBasso direct so now I'm concerned about if I have to pay the costs to send this back to China, which are not cheap. I'll wait and see what Paul has to say as I'm in contact with him via email already.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #210 of 949
I just got one. I opened it, which is easy. You lift the same end that you take the screws out of, just a little and then slide the back towards the same end you just took the screws out of and the back comes right off. The antenna connection is under the battery, so you disconnect the battery and it comes off the double sided take fairly easy, which is nice and then disconnect the antenna and there you are.

Volume control module and the ribbon cable. The black section on the receiver for the cable lifts and you can slide the cable out and then reseat it and push the black lever back down.

You can see where the antenna attaches in the upper left corner of the image.

IMG_3794.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back