DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #181 of 949
Did Ibasso mentioned about this policy ? Any statements that are not made by @Paul - iBasso is not officially from Ibasso itself. I know Ibasso recommend purchases from Authorized dealers to have the supports from both. I don’t think I see Ibasso statement about refusing warranty
What do you make of this what Paul said in reply to someone suggesting to buy from Hifigo ?

Please remember, if you buy from an unauthorized seller, our products will not carry their standard 1 year warranty. Any issues will have to be handled by the seller. When you purchase from an authorized seller, you are getting their support and our warranty on the product.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #183 of 949
Well, if a products break down, typically, you are in for a trip of losses regardless (whether it is time or money). Even with Samsung phones, the wait for shipping back and forth without a phone is stupidly long that you may want to buy a new phone instead. One reason I stick with Apple as long as it is within 1 year, they replace it then and there, in store.

Ibasso is not alone in 1 year warranty, many other products are. In fact, I don’t know the majority of products to offer more than 1 year stock warranty

Now, I am curious, what could you do, if you purchased an AK player off an unauthorized dealer in New York States, and it broke down after 2 months ? I am genuinely want to know. Because recently, all of these issues are holding me back at this fun hobby

My ASUS motherboard failed me after 10 months, but was refused warranty. I was lucky to have the seller to agreed to accept it shipped back to them and they would deal directly with ASUS, but then again, this is a may be yes, may be no. I know for a fact that I am in for a losing trip. Hence I am genuinely want to know all available options that we may be able to legally do
These things don't break down very often.
If you import something from outside the EU as a consumer, EU laws no longer apply. You have to deal with the seller and the laws of the region of the seller will apply.
I rather doubt that.

For example, I rather doubt that New York State would allow a vendor outside the state to not have to comply with the warranty law I previously posted. I can't speak for EU, but I would imagine that logically the same would apply. And that a court in both NY and EU would say "Yeah, the DAP you bought from China. China law will apply."

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #186 of 949
Then, you haven’t had enough of them yet. I have had all kind of break down, defects, in many products. I used to believe smartphones wouldn’t break down that often, but I was wrong as well. Hence, I have sticked to Apple for a while. Good things they replace in the store (Mac book, iPhone, iPad) all have had defects and stopped functioning at some point. While many Apple products I have, have lasted for many years, I still had a few defects as mentioned over the years. There are no electronic products that are immunes to defects

It should. But when a company limits a warranty to a short period, like one year, so that it doesn't legally have to do longer, it makes me wonder about the confidence of the company in its product.
I will ask again, which was ignored previously. What other products (especially DAP) that carry more than 1 year warranty ? Please show me

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #187 of 949

I rather doubt that.

For example, I rather doubt that New York State would allow a vendor outside the state to not have to comply with the warranty law I previously posted. I can't speak for EU, but I would imagine that logically the same would apply. And that a court in both NY and EU would say "Yeah, the DAP you bought from China. China law will apply."
That is exactly how it works. If you bother to read one of those long “Terms and Conditions” you will find this written there as well.

Unless the manufacturer explicitly provides international warranty, all warranties can be claimed local only.

Here’s what it says on Hifigo for eg.
1705335022244.png

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #189 of 949
Then, you haven’t had enough of them yet. I have had all kind of break down, defects, in many products. I used to believe smartphones wouldn’t break down that often, but I was wrong as well. Hence, I have sticked to Apple for a while. Good things they replace in the store (Mac book, iPhone, iPad) all have had defects and stopped functioning at some point. While many Apple products I have, have lasted for many years, I still had a few defects as mentioned over the years. There are no electronic products that are immunes to defects

I will ask again, which was ignored previously. What other products (especially DAP) that carry more than 1 year warranty ? Please show me
I have bought way too many, from FIIO, Ibasso, Shanling, Hiby, etc. Not one has broken for me.

As for your request that I canvas and report back on which other product have more than a year warranty, I will politely abstain. Your implication that I need to show that others have longer warranty periods or refrain from suggesting that iBasso should have a longer period is rejected, as I was not comparing iBasso to other manufacturers.

If they have short periods, theirs should be longer as well. None of which absolves iBasso if a battery dies after 18 months.

But just for the heck of it, here's Sony. I believe that Sony makes DAPs last I checked.

Sony USA​

Sony
https://www.sony.com › electronics › support › articles

Sony Electronics Inc. ("Sony") warrants this product ("Product") against defects in material or workmanship for five (5) years from original retail purchase ...

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #190 of 949
That is exactly how it works. If you bother to read one of those long “Terms and Conditions” you will find this written there as well.

Unless the manufacturer explicitly provides international warranty, all warranties can be claimed local only.

Here’s what it says on Hifigo for eg.
1705335022244.png
I don't believe that a consumer's contractual agreement to go to China will quite work. when it comes to companies vs. consumers, courts have come down on both sides.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #191 of 949
Wow! I surely missed that !!
ibasso has posted a number of times that products, for warranty purposes, need to be purchased from authorized sellers. Think about it, often distributors put out extra money advertising, they may give samples to their resellers and there is plenty of other overhead. Now a company can have people go into stores and offer to buy 10 or 20 of a product (I have seen this when I lived in China), they get a very good price and they then turn around and resell the product but there is no real overhead. not like with a distributor and also the understanding from a distributor to manufacturer that there will be support for them. Otherwise there is no reason to have distributors and authorized sellers. I used to work for a manufacturer of car care products, Eagle One, as one of two national sales people. The same thing, if someone had an issue, they had to show a sales receipt and one from authorized distributors or resellers.

I would imagine, with the warranty discussion coming up, ibasso made their normal disclosure regarding warranty, which would pertain to all companies, not just one. Buy Apple products on the grey market. They check serial numbers and make sure where it was purchased. And, they carry a 1 year warranty. I pay about 10% to get the extended 3 year warranty.

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #192 of 949
I have bought way too many, from FIIO, Ibasso, Shanling, Hiby, etc. Not one has broken for me.

As for your request that I canvas and report back on which other product have more than a year warranty, I will politely abstain. Your implication that I need to show that others have longer warranty periods or refrain from suggesting that iBasso should have a longer period is rejected, as I was not comparing iBasso to other manufacturers.

If they have short periods, theirs should be longer as well. None of which absolves iBasso if a battery dies after 18 months.

But just for the heck of it, here's Sony. I believe that Sony makes DAPs last I checked.

Sony USA

Sony
https://www.sony.com › electronics › support › articles

Sony Electronics Inc. ("Sony") warrants this product ("Product") against defects in material or workmanship for five (5) years from original retail purchase ...
Sony Walkmans and even their DMP Z1 is only 1 year warranty. Their highest flagship
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/digital-music-players-dmp-series/dmp-z1/manuals
IMG_1541.jpeg

Anyways, since you are only focusing on negativities about Ibasso products, and not others, then I will let you be.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #194 of 949
I've had about 20 different DAPs, never needed warranty service. People, what are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back