DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 13, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #121 of 999
And yet I compared the specs for the 320 vs. this, and this one shows better specs....
Specs? Some DAPs have better measurements than my 2005 Headroom Balanced Max desktop amp, does that make those DAPs better sounding? My 2018 Plenue L still best my DX240 with Amp8EX sound wise and it is ancient now.

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #123 of 999
The DX260 has been released for a few days now and have been shipping the DX260.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 13, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #124 of 999
According to AMP3 in Britain; you can pre-order now for £849; the same price as the DX240. Not unreasonable I’d suggest. I would be surprised if it doesn’t sound exceptional. IBasso are doing great things and not charging the earth for them. I have a DX300 so I won’t be taking the plunge with the 260, at least not in the short term.

You can order from Hifigo for £745 with free delivery and All taxes & duties paid by Hifigo 👍

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #125 of 999
I really doubt that DX260 will sound better than DX320...these are in different categories and 3XX series daps always been in step above 2XX series regarding the size, power output, sound quality and price. I think if there comes out DX340/360 it will be more realistic expectation.

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #126 of 999
Jan 13, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #127 of 999
I really doubt that DX260 will sound better than DX320...these are in different categories and 3XX series daps always been in step above 2XX series regarding the size, power output, sound quality and price. I think if there comes out DX340/360 it will be more realistic expectation.
It's interesting how each person interprets sound differently and no one is more right than others.

Having the DX320 together with AMP14, I borrowed his DX240 with AMP8 from a friend, I cannot say in any way that DX240 sounds worse than DX320, there were several differences in sound interpretation, in DX320 there are more advanced midranges (something that increasingly bothers me like it less) and there is a little more note weight or body in the sound which for me is a little better and more realistic.

On the other hand, DX240 moves the mids further away and offers a wider sound field or soundstage with images just as precise as DX320, only the sound was slightly thinner and brighter, so the conclusion is that they are different, but one is better which other is fundamentally a matter of taste, unless we are talking about specific needs such as power :)

Jan 13, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #128 of 999
You can order from Hifigo for £745 with free delivery and All taxes & duties paid by Hifigo 👍
Please remember, if you buy from an unauthorized seller, our products will not carry their standard 1 year warranty. Any issues will have to be handled by the seller. When you purchase from an authorized seller, you are getting their support and our warranty on the product.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 13, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #129 of 999
Please remember, if you buy from an unauthorized seller, our products will not carry their standard 1 year warranty. Any issues will have to be handled by the seller. When you purchase from an authorized seller, you are getting their support and our warranty on the product.

Is Hifigo not an authorised iBasso seller then? They also claim to have your entire range of products available

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #131 of 999
Jan 13, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #132 of 999
So if Hifigo is not an authorised dealer, where do they get their stock from then? 🤔

A) Out of the back door or
B) An authorised dealer is selling stock to them and iBasso is turning a blind eye
I don't know of any company turning a blind eye to sales of this type, since it just hurts their distributors and resellers. I know there are resellers who will resell and make very little to companies that then market the items all over the world. But that is also why companies like iBasso and other state that there will be no warranty. When I lived in China a company in the US that had their IEMs made there, didn't realize that their product was being sold out the back door. I pointed this out and even gave them the shop that was carrying the products. They were thankful and sent me a pair of IEMs, (big deal as I saved them 1000s since they were going to send a team to China to do the footwork I did for them). But this has happened to all companies for years and years. Nikon, Canon and on and on. I know it is a constant battle for companies so they often post that a warranty will not apply to unauthorized sales.

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #133 of 999
I don't know of any company turning a blind eye to sales of this type, since it just hurts their distributors and resellers. I know there are resellers who will resell and make very little to companies that then market the items all over the world. But that is also why companies like iBasso and other state that there will be no warranty. When I lived in China a company in the US that had their IEMs made there, didn't realize that their product was being sold out the back door. I pointed this out and even gave them the shop that was carrying the products. They were thankful and sent me a pair of IEMs, (big deal as I saved them 1000s since they were going to send a team to China to do the footwork I did for them). But this has happened to all companies for years and years. Nikon, Canon and on and on. I know it is a constant battle for companies so they often post that a warranty will not apply to unauthorized sales.

I totally agree.

The point that I am making is that Hifigo seems to be a large reputable company. They have done collaborations with Effect Audio for an exclusive cable and they were the sole stockist for the limited edition Dunu SA6 Ultra.

iBasso do not have that many authorised dealers according to their website and customers would assume that Hifigo are an Authorised Dealer by looking at the attached screenshot from Hifigo's website.

I used to own a car audio shop in the UK and have dealt with many distributors. It is not unusual for a shop to sign an agreement with a distributor acknowledging that they can't sell stock to third parties because of the potential damage that it can do to a brands reputation.

Now that I have bought this to iBasso's attention and a D16 Taipan is on my radar, maybe good things can happen hint hint 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113_201047_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_201047_Chrome.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 0
Jan 13, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #134 of 999
You may want to rethink that thought,

You should realize, if you have not already, that 1 year is kind of a piss poor warranty period. You may want to call it "standard," but it's rather short. I doubt if something will necessarily break within 1 year. It's either DOA, when it goes right back to the vendor, or things start failing after a year or two.

So, by giving such a short warranty, iBasso is actually making the unavailability of a warranty not such a BFG.

But are you actually not giving a warranty if it comes from a vendor you didn't approve? (I'm guessing because the vendor didn't sign an agreement not to sell it below a certain price?). Well, I don't play at being a lawyer on the internet, but I'm pretty good at reading, and at least in New York State there's a law (and maybe in a whole bunch of other U.S. states and in other countries there's something similar) that says, I believe, think again:

NY Gen. Bus. Law § 369-b, a New York statute that limits warranty disclaimers:

A warranty or guarantee of merchandise may not be limited by a manufacturer doing business in this state solely for the reason that such merchandise is sold by a particular dealer or dealers, or that the dealer who sold the merchandise at retail has, since the date of sale, either gone out of business or no longer sells such merchandise. Any attempt to limit the manufacturer's warranty or guarantee for the aforesaid reason is void.
Heck, there's even a court case that reads that (in case anyone has issues with reading comprehension) says that the statute prohibits manufacturers from disclaiming warranties because the purchaser bought the product from an unauthorized seller. See, e.g., Bel Canto Design, Ltd. v. MSS HiFi, Inc., 837 F. Supp. 2d 208 (S.D.N.Y. 2011).

Whew.

Here's my thoughts. If iBasso makes products that will last for more than a year, why not give a warranty for something more reasonable, like 3 years? Then, you can keep on telling people who don't know the above that you won't honor a warranty from an unauthorized vendor, and they will believe you, and they will feel that it's worthwhile to get it from an authorized vendor who will charge more.

Edit: I was originally mistaking Pounds for Dollars. Hifigo is only selling for $50 less.

Edit #2: Many states have laws making it illegal for a manufacturer to require a vendor to make an agreement to not sell a product for less than a certain price.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #135 of 999
You may want to rethink that thought,

You should realize, if you have not already, that 1 year is kind of a piss poor warranty period. You may want to call it "standard," but it's rather short. I doubt if something will necessarily break within 1 year. It's either DOA, when it goes right back to the vendor, or things start failing after a year or two.

So, by giving such a short warranty, iBasso is actually making the unavailability of a warranty not such a BFG.

But are you actually not giving a warranty if it comes from a vendor you didn't approve? (I'm guessing because the vendor didn't sign an agreement not to sell it below a certain price?). Well, I don't play at being a lawyer on the internet, but I'm pretty good at reading, and at least in New York State there's a law (and maybe in a whole bunch of other U.S. states and in other countries there's something similar) that says, I believe, think again:

NY Gen. Bus. Law § 369-b, a New York statute that limits warranty disclaimers:

Heck, there's even a court case that reads that (in case anyone has issues with reading comprehension) says that the statute prohibits manufacturers from disclaiming warranties because the purchaser bought the product from an unauthorized seller. See, e.g., Bel Canto Design, Ltd. v. MSS HiFi, Inc., 837 F. Supp. 2d 208 (S.D.N.Y. 2011).

Whew.

Here's my thoughts. If iBasso makes products that will last for more than a year, why not give a warranty for something more reasonable, like 3 years? Then, you can keep on telling people who don't know the above that you won't honor a warranty from an unauthorized vendor, and they will believe you, and they will feel that it's worthwhile to get it from an authorized vendor who will charge more.

Edit: I was originally mistaking Pounds for Dollars. Hifigo is only selling for $50 less.

Edit #2: Many states have laws making it illegal for a manufacturer to require a vendor to make an agreement to not sell a product for less than a certain price.
iBasso, unlike other chi-fi brands have authorized resellers across the globe. Then why buy from shady sites like Hifigo ? If you read some of the posts on this forum on how difficult it is to return/replace items purchased from there, you wouldn’t buy either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back