DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
May 2, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #886 of 979
For me it was the exact same decision between M15S, M23, R6 Pro II, R6 III, or the DX260.

Glad I chose the right one:

20240502_091837.jpg

May 2, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #890 of 979
thanks! :) It didn't take long at all, ordered 26 april and arrived today. No customs fees or other taxes as well :)
can put a lanyard on that case?

May 3, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #896 of 979
For me it was the exact same decision between M15S, M23, R6 Pro II, R6 III, or the DX260.

Glad I chose the right one:

20240502_091837.jpg
Among your options, what made you choose the DX260? What were you looking for and what did you find in DX260 that you didn't have or would have in others? If I may ask. Thanks!!

May 3, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #897 of 979
Without considering the price difference. Considering only sound characteristics, would the DX260 be different to the DX300 amp11mkII? Has anyone managed to compare? I have a DX300 and I want to include a DAP under €1000 with a slightly different sound characteristic and that is a little smaller for transportability.

May 3, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #898 of 979
Among your options, what made you choose the DX260? What were you looking for and what did you find in DX260 that you didn't have or would have in others? If I may ask. Thanks!!
Sure!

my goal was to find an android based neutral sounding DAP in the price range between 500 and 1000€

M15S: A friend of mine has it and it was for sure enough to be happy with, but the M23 was just to be released and the M15S was a tiny bit of an older model (OS wise) so I wanted to wait initially to hear some reviews.

M23: I was a bit concerned of the THX amps used, some fellow forum members don't have too good things to say about them, ok, whereas others like how they work... and on top of it, it was claimed (before release though) that the M23 might have the more FiiO-typical warmer sound representation... and I was looking for a more neutral sounding DAP

R6 Pro II: Power output and battery life has driven me off of this choice (same for the R6 III), but even though I nearly pushed the buy button, it was that close

R6 III: Hiby's are known not to have the best battery life, but surely the R6 III was on my absolute short list, also price wise....

...but the last DAP I researched was the iBasso DX260, and not only here at head-fi, but also in some German speaking forums the people loved the neutral but still engaging sound this DAP produces. It was claimed it is nearly on the analytical, highly resolving side but without sounding sterile. Also the software problems seem to have been addressed by iBasso in a very timely matter since this player is rather new on the market (which I liked, too). I just wanted to have a neutral and resolving DAP so I can rely on my headphones sounding as they were intended to, with no sort of coloration by the source... and man, I once in a while chose right. The DX260 just gives me the source sound I wanted and how it was described by so many before.

Sure, it is an individual craving if someone wants a neutral sounding source, as it is also totally OK if someone wants a warm and cozy representation from a DAP. Me personally like to get my different "sound-moods" by adding a certain headphone. It's just me that I think a neutral source is the best you can have, because then you can play around with the headphones not always thinking of "ah, my DAP renders everything a tiny bit warmer by nature, or emphasizes more on the bass or the highs..., so I have to take that into account every time I buy a headphone. With the DX260 I don't have to worry too much about that, I just know that what comes out of my headphones are the headphones and to a much much lesser extent the player altering the sound.

EDIT: of course it was also the DX260's output power of ~1 Watt which added to the buying decision

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #899 of 979
Sure!

my goal was to find an android based neutral sounding DAP in the price range between 500 and 1000€

M15S: A friend of mine has it and it was for sure enough to be happy with, but the M23 was just to be released and the M15S was a tiny bit of an older model (OS wise) so I wanted to wait initially to hear some reviews.

M23: I was a bit concerned of the THX amps used, some fellow forum members don't have too good things to say about them, ok, whereas others like how they work... and on top of it, it was claimed (before release though) that the M23 might have the more FiiO-typical warmer sound representation... and I was looking for a more neutral sounding DAP

R6 Pro II: Power output and battery life has driven me off of this choice (same for the R6 III), but even though I nearly pushed the buy button, it was that close

R6 III: Hiby's are known not to have the best battery life, but surely the R6 III was on my absolute short list, also price wise....

...but the last DAP I researched was the iBasso DX260, and not only here at head-fi, but also in some German speaking forums the people loved the neutral but still engaging sound this DAP produces. It was claimed it is nearly on the analytical, highly resolving side but without sounding sterile. Also the software problems seem to have been addressed by iBasso in a very timely matter since this player is rather new on the market (which I liked, too). I just wanted to have a neutral and resolving DAP so I can rely on my headphones sounding as they were intended to, with no sort of coloration by the source... and man, I once in a while chose right. The DX260 just gives me the source sound I wanted and how it was described by so many before.

Sure, it is an individual craving if someone wants a neutral sounding source, as it is also totally OK if someone wants a warm and cozy representation from a DAP. Me personally like to get my different "sound-moods" by adding a certain headphone. It's just me that I think a neutral source is the best you can have, because then you can play around with the headphones not always thinking of "ah, my DAP renders everything a tiny bit warmer by nature, or emphasizes more on the bass or the highs..., so I have to take that into account every time I buy a headphone. With the DX260 I don't have to worry too much about that, I just know that what comes out of my headphones are the headphones and to a much much lesser extent the player altering the sound.
I just did a DX260 VS M15S VS R6 Pro II and yeah, the DX260 didn't stand on the same level overall.

It does everything well, but the M15S and R6 Pro II do some aspects exceptionally well with only one or two things worse very situationally.

May 3, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #900 of 979
I just did a DX260 VS M15S VS R6 Pro II and yeah, the DX260 didn't stand on the same level overall.

It does everything well, but the M15S and R6 Pro II do some aspects exceptionally well with only one or two things worse very situationally.
So the M15S was better or not compared to the DX260? I found the highs and a few other aspects of the M15S, to be lacking. We all hear differently, that is for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back