DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Mar 15, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #2,387 of 2,804
Hello guys, I need help!
it seems i bricked my dx240 when trying to install google play framework or services. it worked until I reboot the DAP.
now it cannot boot. first its stuck on iBasso Audio logo blinking, now the screen dont even show anything. Battery is charged (i know it)
how can I proceed hard reset, does anyone knows it? I left email request for help to iBasso but they didnt replied to me yet (will not?)
please help

Mar 15, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #2,388 of 2,804
Hello guys, I need help!
it seems i bricked my dx240 when trying to install google play framework or services. it worked until I reboot the DAP.
now it cannot boot. first its stuck on iBasso Audio logo blinking, now the screen dont even show anything. Battery is charged (i know it)
how can I proceed hard reset, does anyone knows it? I left email request for help to iBasso but they didnt replied to me yet (will not?)
please help
Have you tried holding the power button for 10 seconds? It's not a full reset but usually works when it freezes.

Mar 15, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #2,390 of 2,804
Sometimes feel like you need quite a bit more than 10seconds to get it unstuck, try for a bit longer couple of times holding it down for like 30 seconds atleast that's how it felt with dx220, with this one seems shorter but still longer than 10 seconds or it just takes it a while to register. If doesn't work try plugging in a charger and then powering it up, otherwise hold the powers button down for a while. Have had mine hand similarly 2 both times just letting it charge a bit and then holding down power button resolved issue.
Another option would be to get in bott manage or what ever that thing was called we had on dx200 and dx220 wipe cache and do a factory reset from there then booth back into android.
Otherwise last possibility is to use Snapdragon recovery tool with Windows. Best of luck and let us know how it works out.

Mar 15, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #2,393 of 2,804
Hi hi
@AndySPb my suggestion would be to download the official firmware tool 660playerupgradetools.zip and an image file like DX240_20230112_2.01.070_64G_img.zip
from iBasso's site: http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/
You will find full instructions in the zip file to be able to factory reset your DX240

Good luck
Hi hi, i have made it to work, flashed firmware finally using the tool you suggested. Thanks a lot for your kind help!
Again thanks to all guys who tried to help me! You all saved my bricked dap =)

Mar 15, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #2,394 of 2,804
Hi hi

Hi hi, i have made it to work, flashed firmware finally using the tool you suggested. Thanks a lot for your kind help!
Again thanks to all guys who tried to help me! You all saved my bricked dap =)
Glad to hear you got it working. That can be stressful. You can't really brick their daps. A piece of hardware would have to go bad but to software brick it, I have never seen as the tool is the same thing they use in their factory.

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #2,395 of 2,804
Glad to hear you got it working. That can be stressful. You can't really brick their daps. A piece of hardware would have to go bad but to software brick it, I have never seen as the tool is the same thing they use in their factory.
Actually i believe it was just pure luck that my dap finally let me boot it to the recovery mode (previously a half day it was like dead brick with black screen), seems it was tired of me pressing different combinations of these 3 buttons and volume wheel, hehe. That was really stressful.
Man, you have wonderful photos in your sign by the way

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #2,396 of 2,804
Let’s see what this is about!

You can only differentiate between mk2 and mk2s by looking at their caps. They’re both labeled “amp 8 mk2” on the faceplate and actual hardware itself.

ED53D61E-1A90-4524-A8C6-0F8C7EE35206.jpeg9BB02606-4FC1-4FE1-9521-2E421AD11AC0.jpeg

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #2,397 of 2,804
Anyone else notice the battery on theirs losing charge when its shut down/switched off?

Fully charged mines last night, used for ~3 hours and shut it down at 70%, turned back on today and its at 61%!

I've only had it since Monday and already a little sceptical about keeping it tbh.

Mar 16, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #2,398 of 2,804
Anyone else notice the battery on theirs losing charge when its shut down/switched off?

Fully charged mines last night, used for ~3 hours and shut it down at 70%, turned back on today and its at 61%!

I've only had it since Monday and already a little sceptical about keeping it tbh.
No issues. I shut it down when not in use. Also, if yours was new, then the battery isn't even formed yet. I don't have any battery devices that don't require about 2 weeks of use for the battery to form and then hold a charge from iPhone, computers to Sony professional cameras. Even the Sony expensive batteries I use will lose some charge after being formed.

Mar 16, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #2,399 of 2,804
No issues. I shut it down when not in use. Also, if yours was new, then the battery isn't even formed yet. I don't have any battery devices that don't require about 2 weeks of use for the battery to form and then hold a charge from iPhone, computers to Sony professional cameras. Even the Sony expensive batteries I use will lose some charge after being formed.
That makes sense, it's only its second charge, thanks for the explanation. I'll monitor it over the next two weeks.

Hopefully its fine as aside form that it runs great and sounds superb, don't want to return it :)

Mar 16, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #2,400 of 2,804
Let’s see what this is about!

You can only differentiate between mk2 and mk2s by looking at their caps. They’re both labeled “amp 8 mk2” on the faceplate and actual hardware itself.

LOL, mine just arrived too. I am documenting this here so I do not mix them up since like you said as the new "2S" is not marked any different than the "2". Time to go plug it in!

*Fixed the labels!

PXL_20230316_192430299.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back