DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
May 11, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #1,817 of 2,804
Good luck

I have a faint memory of maybe pushing it down a bit. But it is an inaccurate memory retrieval possibly.

Also it takes a little more screwing in than the others. The seating has to be rather accurate.

Managed to do a quick fire listen to some other amps. Hot swapping.
Amp8mk2, Amp8EX, Amp8, Amp1mkii

Ended up putting the amp3MOD back in.

The others all have their strengths and particulars.

Hard to choose between Amp3MOD, Amp8EX and Amp8mkii personally. Amp1mkiii has more top end than i prefer (amp1mkiii more top end?, amp8mk2 more low end?, Amp8EX a good taste of low/middle/top?, amp3MOD more mids?).
And the other later amp8 variations top the earlier amp8 imho.

Saw the amp9 box - tempted to take it apart again and see if it fits if i take off the rubber protection…another day perhaps…
Do it man, you know you want to.

May 11, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #1,818 of 2,804
Hey guys, my DX240 has died overnight.

It just doesn't turn on anymore.

I have plugged it to the power and should be charged by now, but nothing is happening...

Any idea if it can be hard reset or if there's any recovery solution?

May 11, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #1,819 of 2,804

I have plugged it to the power and should be charged by now, but nothing is happening...

It would seem a claim of warranty is required.

May 11, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #1,820 of 2,804

Hold the power button for 20 seconds. Then power on.

May 11, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #1,821 of 2,804
May 12, 2022 at 12:57 AM Post #1,823 of 2,804
May 13, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #1,825 of 2,804
What are you pairing with dx240? and the gain and filter setting? Also, the bass slam is stronger relative to what other DAP with the same pair of IEMs/headphones? Otherwise, the statement is too vague.
Personally, I love AMP8 MK2 (Medium gain, Filter 5 which sounds very 3D, lush, Natural, and Holographic with a much wider stage, especially on the latest firmware paired with TheiAudio Monarch MK1. MKII can be shouty in the upper treble, so I personally prefer MKI with MKII cable for better separation, bass, and perfect dynamics with AZLA MS Xlastic tips. This has been the best DAP (soundwise+ features) I've owned so far with the last one being Sony ZX507. Can't wait to try other new AMPs iBasso will put out for this DAP.

FYI USBAudioplayer pro brings out the best in this DAP after playing with the USBAudio settings etc

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 1:30 AM Post #1,826 of 2,804
I have returned my DX240 and while it had/has truly excellent sound quality and a beauty of a screen, the wobbly button ruined it for me. The player itself is very well made and probably the best looking and very modern player currently out there. The volume button although needs further work. It has to be more secure and solidly made and with far less turns necessary for amplitude. I see both of these have been possibly addressed from early reports on the DX320. I am missing this little guy although for now, the hunt begins for a replacement.

May 13, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #1,827 of 2,804
I have returned my DX240 and while it had/has truly excellent sound quality and a beauty of a screen, the wobbly button ruined it for me. The player itself is very well made and probably the best looking and very modern player currently out there. The volume button although needs further work. It has to be more secure and solidly made and with far less turns necessary for amplitude. I see both of these have been possibly addressed from early reports on the DX320. I am missing this little guy although for now, the hunt begins for a replacement.
The volume wheel is on a shaft that then connects to the actual volume control. It is stainless going through a hole. Not unusual at all and frankly, I want a little play because it absorbs shocks like dropping or accidentally banging it. It is just mechanical and that is how they are on a number of daps I have.

May 13, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #1,829 of 2,804
The volume wheel is on a shaft that then connects to the actual volume control. It is stainless going through a hole. Not unusual at all and frankly, I want a little play because it absorbs shocks like dropping or accidentally banging it. It is just mechanical and that is how they are on a number of daps I have.
I see you have the DX300 and DX300maxTi, are these the same in this regard? From what I've read the DX320 has now changed this and made it more robust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back