DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
May 13, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #1,832 of 2,804
I have returned my DX240 and while it had/has truly excellent sound quality and a beauty of a screen, the wobbly button ruined it for me. The player itself is very well made and probably the best looking and very modern player currently out there. The volume button although needs further work. It has to be more secure and solidly made and with far less turns necessary for amplitude. I see both of these have been possibly addressed from early reports on the DX320. I am missing this little guy although for now, the hunt begins for a replacement.
I didn't even notice until you mentioned it and checked for it. I don't find it troubling at all and the included case's wheel protection really makes that inapparent but we all have our own needs.

May 15, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #1,833 of 2,804
Just wondering when will the nonaligned status bar on lock screen be fixed?
It’s too hard to ignore it whenever I use my DX240…

@Paul - iBasso

07752E6D-F273-48F7-81DB-0EDAD952E9DB.jpeg

May 15, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #1,834 of 2,804
Just wondering when will the nonaligned status bar on lock screen be fixed?
It’s too hard to ignore it whenever I use my DX240…

@Paul - iBasso

07752E6D-F273-48F7-81DB-0EDAD952E9DB.jpeg

Reads the above text

Thinks: nah. Not me

Checks DX240 current listening to

Aargh. Can’t unsee now.

Thinks luckily my ears are better than my eyes

May 15, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #1,836 of 2,804
I will give it a go (on high gain)

On the other ibasso daps i use pur mango os

On dx240 i find the android side a bit more natural to my ears

Edit: any filter preference?

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #1,837 of 2,804
I didn't even notice until you mentioned it and checked for it. I don't find it troubling at all and the included case's wheel protection really makes that inapparent but we all have our own needs.
I have this weird connection between sound quality and build quality, they both MUST match. In any case I had a very close look at the wheel stem before I returned it and it appears the stem is not part of the actual wheel, that is, it is not a one piece construction. It is a two part piece. For whatever reason ibasso has either purposefully designed it to wobble or it has come loose. It would be advantageous if Paul would chime in here considering from what I've read this no longer happens on the DX320. The wheel also needs to be thicker especially when using the leather case, it becomes rather fiddly trying to change the volume. MO.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #1,838 of 2,804
I have this weird connection between sound quality and build quality, they both MUST match. In any case I had a very close look at the wheel stem before I returned it and it appears the stem is not part of the actual wheel, that is, it is not a one piece construction. It is a two part piece. For whatever reason ibasso has either purposefully designed it to wobble or it has come loose. It would be advantageous if Paul would chime in here considering from what I've read this no longer happens on the DX320. The wheel also needs to be thicker especially when using the leather case, it becomes rather fiddly trying to change the volume. MO.
The shaft and the volume control wheel are machined from one piece. They aren't pressed nor are they two different pieces. They have a little bit of movement as it is a portable, often used in pocket etc., and the small movement absorbs any shock, rather than breaking the volume control mechanism. It is very high quality.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 15, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #1,839 of 2,804
Use iBasso OS and you won't have the issue. I found that the iBasso OS sounds better at high gain while the player in Andriod is better at M gain for my IEMs. When comparing them at Medium Gain, Andriod wins but at High Gain, iBasso OS wins... for me.
Trying now

Dynamics, separation and layering have improved it seem to have improved.

I usually stick to gain 1 for BA iems and med for hybrids.

Nice one

High gain on pure mango os atm

Enjoyment returns

Edit: what filter do you use?

Last edited:
May 16, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #1,840 of 2,804
I will give it a go (on high gain)

On the other ibasso daps i use pur mango os

On dx240 i find the android side a bit more natural to my ears

Edit: any filter preference?
I always use #5. I didn't change for gain as it's been a consistent preference on this player for me. I like med gain in Android but these things can be phone dependent, The lower gains sound more damped to me and I'd suspect Phone impedance plays a roll for preference as well. I suspect gain is done via feedback and these amp sections are so fast and short that it shouldn't be a big deal but it's audible.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #1,842 of 2,804
Trying now

Dynamics, separation and layering have improved it seem to have improved.

I usually stick to gain 1 for BA iems and med for hybrids.

Nice one

High gain on pure mango os atm

Enjoyment returns

Edit: what filter do you use?
I still prefer Android in Med now that I tried a few master recording. Still seems to connect the dots better. I might put amp3mod back in and try it again with that. I think you're using amp 8 mk2 so YMMV.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #1,843 of 2,804
I still prefer Android in Med now that I tried a few master recording. Still seems to connect the dots better. I might put amp3mod back in and try it again with that. I think you're using amp 8 mk2 so YMMV.
On amp3mod

I like the mids

Considering a return to amp8EX though

So sorry

Do you prefer android med gain or pure mango os high gain best?

I think i use filter 4 usually.

Tanks

May 17, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #1,844 of 2,804
On amp3mod

I like the mids

Considering a return to amp8EX though

So sorry

Do you prefer android med gain or pure mango os high gain best?

I think i use filter 4 usually.

Tanks
Filter may change it. On the Hiby I had, I preferred filter 4 but have like 5 on this one. They've always been the 2 I've liked but for different reasons I haven't experimented for a while and just noticed that OS high was pretty good when I posted that. If I get time in the next week I'll pop amp 3 back in and go through it again.. Then we can compare notes.

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #1,845 of 2,804
Hi @Paul - iBasso

I just received today an Ibasso DX240 from an Official Distributor, the back cover seems like discolored , is it normal?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread