DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP2 and AMP3 available, AMP4 4.4 dedicated. FW 2.5.141 now available.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. twister6 Contributor
    Taking amp modules apart is too easy, I go straight for taking the whole DAP apart :p

2. Whitigir
    Yeah, I saw that, and not going to open them up myself ....lol, no need. Would love to see the amp2 inner stuffing though.

3. elNan
    Has anyone tried the balanced line out of the AMP3 in a fully balanced setup? Any general impressions regarding the implementation of the BAL LO?

4. Whitigir
    Yes, tried it with my Stax009, and it did sound good but I don't need it. The sound quality is very very good, if you have a good amplifier. I use it to connect into my stereo system at home all the time too

IMG_1838.JPG

5. Paul - iBasso
    The screen problem was with some units in the first batch. We have had many batches since then with zero screen issues.

6. musicday
    Have you tried the SP1000? How does it sound again your 1Z and DX200?

7. Whitigir
    That is something I have not tried...no money to afford another 3k player, and no reason to....lol

8. hung031086
    Just arrived....DX200 w/AMP3 ......

20170913_152652.jpg

9. Whitigir
    Welcome to the club! And enjoy!

Glasha and hung031086 like this.
  10. Glasha
    I don't have any other USB-C cable, annoying problem tbh, I think I will use only the card connected to the PC in the future.

11. gonzfi
    Big thanks to Customcans in the UK for providing me an xlr to 2.5mm adaptor. I am truly shocked by how well this DAP with AMP 1 drives my T1 gen 2 headphones. I am finding it hard to believe that AMP 3 could make them significantly better. 20170913_123730.jpg

12. EndGameSearch
    What is the actual screen issue? After my DX200 goes to sleep for a long period of time and I hit the power button you can tell there's a slight glow but you do not see anything. After enough time has passed for it to turn back on I hit the button again and it turns on to the home screen as expected. I assume this is not "normal" but I've worked past it. I'm on the latest firmware.

Regarding AMP 3, after saying I was perfectly happy with the sound from AMP1, I decided to spend the extra money for AMP3 and just received it today. In a hobby where we're chasing subtle improvements, this was not one of them. This was a major step in the right direction and took a great DAP up a few more notches.

mrmoto050 and fuhransahis like this.
  13. fuhransahis
    Only one way to find out :)

14. Signal2Noise
    That happens to mine as well. A few others here have mentioned the same behavior. I consider this "power on" glitch a non-issue, just a minor annoyance. I believe this can be corrected in a new firmware update. The actual screen issue is on earlier release units where there was severe screen lag and non-reactive touches with the UI. I briefly experienced this behavior as well when troubleshooting the "power-on" glitch and resetting to original firmware. But that screen lag stuff disappeared as soon as I updated the DX200 to later firmware. I'm still supposed to be troubleshooting the DAP for Paul/iBasso but simply have had no time to do so over the last month. Don't really want to RMA the dap if I don't have to.

Yep, Amp3 is pretty awesome straight out of the box.

15. jerick70
    Good choice in source connectors on your IEM cable. I love Furutech. Especially their rhodium connectors. :ksc75smile:

alphanumerix1 likes this.