DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 13, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #20,191 of 22,021
@EggofSound
thank you for you shot, very useful for me to get some clarifications.

In the next days amp8 will arrives to me and I will mod it following @twister6 guide thanks to the @Whitigir DYI.

1 I will replace it with this: https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/647-RNE1C471MDN1PX correct?
2 TDK absorber: do you confirm it's enough to "stand up" the 4 capacitors (highlighted in "3") without removing them to place the TDK in "2" ? Do I have to put TDK aborber also where I put the question mark "?"
3 About the third mod proposed by Twister (the signature module modification): If I want to do it, do I have to use this: https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/661-EKZH160E101ME11D but: which is (or wich are) exactly the capacitor I have to replace? All the 4 capacitors highlighted in "3"?

Thank u in advance guys

1/ Nope!, you replace the orange caps with the one you linked, keep TK

2/ Apply the TDK sheets before you replace the caps (#3). Yes, and Yes

3/ Yes, the caps in the pictures were upgraded, the stock one has grey caps

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #20,192 of 22,021
Thank you @Whitigir
1: Twister says "swapping out the Siemens 220uF to a Nichicon 470uF."
So, from the photo I see "220uF" is marked in the capacitor circled in red so I understood that is what I had to replace
while you are saying me I have to replace the circled in blue ?
upload_2019-1-14_1-40-29.png

Jan 13, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #20,193 of 22,021
Thank you @Whitigir
1: Twister says "swapping out the Siemens 220uF to a Nichicon 470uF."
So, from the photo I see "220uF" is marked in the capacitor circled in red so I understood that is what I had to replace
while you are saying me I have to replace the circled in blue ?

I adjusted the number of images to the order of Twister 6 Reviews page.

1. Nichicon 470 uF Remove the orange Siemens 220uF and replace it with a silver Nichicon 470uF.
2.1uF MLCC The blue color of the image is made by TDK which was in part BOX. KEMET on the Reviews page is yellow.
3. TK-Sheet I pasted it on IC and Inductors. Also on the back side.
4. NIPPON CHEMI-CON KZH 100uF.

Dw1PYdkUYAAUJca.jpg:large

Jan 13, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #20,194 of 22,021
Just to be clear, I only hosted @Whitigir review/guide, so it's not what "Twister" says, but what Vince says :wink: Full credit with a disclaimer was given to Vince for all his work in that guide I hosted on my blog :D

Jan 13, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #20,195 of 22,021
@EggofSound
thank you for you shot, very useful for me to get some clarifications.

In the next days amp8 will arrives to me and I will mod it following @twister6 guide thanks to the @Whitigir DYI.

1 I will replace it with this: https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/647-RNE1C471MDN1PX correct?
2 TDK absorber: do you confirm it's enough to "stand up" the 4 capacitors (highlighted in "3") without removing them to place the TDK in "2" ? Do I have to put TDK aborber also where I put the question mark "?"
3 About the third mod proposed by Twister (the signature module modification): If I want to do it, do I have to use this: https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/661-EKZH160E101ME11D but: which is (or wich are) exactly the capacitor I have to replace? All the 4 capacitors highlighted in "3"?

Thank u in advance guys

On Number 3, why caps on the Link is different on @Whitigir mod, the picture on the web says 80v 220uF and colour is green?

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #20,197 of 22,021
So far this thread has been invaluable for getting the best out of a recent DX200 purchase + AMP8. I upgraded to Oreo with the latest add-on pack.

I have two remaining questions.

I have a 512GB SDmicro card from Kingston and it works great for playback. However, when I select File Transfer in the USB options menu I only see an empty drive. The card is formatted into ExFAT. Is this supposed to work?

I am confused about the low/high gain setting which only seems to be available in the Mango player. I prefer to use Neutron which I also use on my Android phone but I can only seem to be able to switch to high gain when I also start Mango and do it from within there? Is that the only way?

Cheers

Thomas

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #20,198 of 22,021
So far this thread has been invaluable for getting the best out of a recent DX200 purchase + AMP8. I upgraded to Oreo with the latest add-on pack.

I have two remaining questions.

I have a 512GB SDmicro card from Kingston and it works great for playback. However, when I select File Transfer in the USB options menu I only see an empty drive. The card is formatted into ExFAT. Is this supposed to work?

I am confused about the low/high gain setting which only seems to be available in the Mango player. I prefer to use Neutron which I also use on my Android phone but I can only seem to be able to switch to high gain when I also start Mango and do it from within there? Is that the only way?

Cheers

Thomas
If its anything like the DX150, you should be able to change the gains from Settings > Sound.

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #20,200 of 22,021
I downloaded youtube from play store. When I use it in fullscreen view, the device freezed and not response
Yes, I've reproduced the problem on both my DX200s, also with the pure official 1.05.036. It hangs right after tapping "full screen" button. I'll take a look into this problem later.

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #20,202 of 22,021
I've just bought a new Dx200 yesterday with an AMP5 and after 25 minutes from a completely full charge, its saying 5 hours 27 minutes left. That's only 6 hours and not the 9-10 hours quoted on iBasso's site.

I am only playing standard resolution Flac files using an iBasso IT03 IEM. Is there an issue with the battery?

EDIT: It's now showing 8h 46m with 89% battery left. Is the battery calibrating with the Android OS and giving a more accurate reading?

I'm using 14% an hour. Is that normal? I am using the latest firmware, IT01's and playing standard def FLAC files. Does Lurker0's firmware add on increase battery life?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back