DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 22, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #19,726 of 22,021
I am not afraid to admit that I am very hesitant to do the update on my own after reading about some of the other experiences. I've never had to do any firmware updating for any equipment before.

I'm on a Mac as well.

Anyone in Hong Kong want to do a DX200 Meet and Greet? :wink:

Same here. Justvgot my unit. I've alresdy downloaded file to update to oreo. Just not eniugh confidence to do it myself

Dec 22, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #19,729 of 22,021
I faced this problem before. i went to china ibasso website, there are 2 versions of 3.34, download Windows 10 version

http://ibasso.cn/?p=2454
Thank you CYCheang. Managed to down after registered a Baidu account. The driver posted on iBasso China website have a file name as "ibasso-sign". Obviously the driver posted on English web is not Wondows 10 digitally signed. After instead the driver, still goes to Windows native driver, need to update driver by pointing to Ibasso folder under program file. After this, I can only have audio for Mango, no audio output for Android even i set to DAC mode.
Contacted iBasso for the issue earlier, i was asked to post the question in Head-Fi to get help. Refering their issue to HeadFi is the best suppport i have from IBasso so far . It really help to fix the issue.

Dec 22, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #19,733 of 22,021
Has anyone tried MQA with the new version of the UAPP app? It supports MQA decoding on DX200 with the in-app purchase. Any thoughts on MQA vs. traditional FLAC?
LPCM in all kinds of lossless formats must always be better than MQA.
MQA algorithm can never recover all compressed data so it is a lossy format, even in a lossless FLAC container.
Considering the bandwidth of Internet for live-streaming and the achievability of high capacity storage device for storing HiRes, MQA doesn't seem to have any reason to be sustained.
It is no doubt a tool to protect intellectual properties.
The LPCMs recovered from MQA by Tidal have poorer SQ than the HiRes files from online store, at least for those albums I tried.

Dec 23, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #19,737 of 22,021
so having never used my 200 for anything else other than a portable player how does one use it as a usb dsc???

Dec 23, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #19,739 of 22,021
Tried again the lurker flash in that factory tool thing. It says it's updating and it verifies and says reset but then it just repeats the process again and again . Then dap won't start and I have to reinstall Oreo. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back