DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 5, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #18,736 of 22,021
I need a few testers who already runs latest Android 8.1 beta with my add-on, and used USB Audio application in the past, to play via it, using HibyMisic, UAPP or Neutron.

The changes in this test version are all around USB Audio app:
  • Volume control now works in USB DAC mode.
  • "USB Audio" interface works!
  • My build of HibyMusic is included again as a free 100% compatible music player.
I need testers to test both restored USB Audio functionality and a usual use, without it (to be sure it wasn't broken, as it was once in the past!).

Volunteers are welcome to PM!

USB Audio with UAPP is just awesome ! Thanks Lurker0, nice to see my DX200 runnin' better and better !

Nov 5, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #18,737 of 22,021
Nov 5, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #18,739 of 22,021
Nov 5, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #18,740 of 22,021
I need a few testers who already runs latest Android 8.1 beta with my add-on, and used USB Audio application in the past, to play via it, using HibyMisic, UAPP or Neutron.

• My build of HibyMusic is included again as a free 100% compatible music player.
I need testers to test both restored USB Audio functionality and a usual use, without it (to be sure it wasn't broken, as it was once in the past!).

Happy to report that volume control in USB DAC mode now works with the latest v11 add-on for me. Have not yet tried the USB audio interface with any of the supported 3rd party apps.

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #18,742 of 22,021

USB Audio App works for me using UAPP.

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #18,743 of 22,021
Dang! Some of you guys went through a lot of hassle with beta version. I am lucky I have not touched anything until now. :grimacing:
Not at all for those who read and follow instructions :wink:

Unless the problem is DX200. I don't see any reason how using both beta version a hassle. I think there is one who bricked his DX200 because the battery is drained while flashing the firmware. But that happens to all other devices out there.

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #18,744 of 22,021
I think there is one who bricked his DX200 because the battery is drained while flashing the firmware.
He didn't follow instructions at least twice :wink:

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #18,745 of 22,021
I agree. I also consider Oreo V2 to be brighter than V1
V2 soundstage seems wider, but a bit less body

Just rolled back to V1 with Lurker addon. Prefer this sound
Luckily V1 has no software issues for me. Only use Mango mode

What's the best way to handle this sudden brightness? Perhaps iBasso will fix it in further updates? Which would be great, because I can only see one way now - change of earphones, but TBH I'm not happy about spending 1000+ USD because of that :sweat_smile: And I also don't want to roll back to 6.1 because I like to stay up-to-date. Thanks!

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #18,746 of 22,021
What's the best way to handle this sudden brightness? Perhaps iBasso will fix it in further updates? Which would be great, because I can only see one way now - change of earphones, but TBH I'm not happy about spending 1000+ USD because of that :sweat_smile: And I also don't want to roll back to 6.1 because I like to stay up-to-date. Thanks!

I rather stay at what I am enjoying my DX200TI and mod amp8 now then hurrying to update to beta version.
Paul@ibasso would you let us know when an official stable FW available since I would really want to listen the best sound you offer after updating. :smile_phones:

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #18,747 of 22,021

If Oreo V1 doesn't have issues for you, reverting to V1 would be the obvious option.

Ibasso never makes statements about changes they make in sound signature
If I recall well, in the past they stated that changes in sound signature between various firmware versions happen entirely unintentional

I guess everybody who did some switching between Oreo V1 and Oreo V2 will agree there is a not so minor audible difference in sound signature.
So I wonder what happened here

I would be perfectly happy if the sound signature of the future non beta Oreo would sit somewhere in the middle of Beta V1 and V2

Nov 6, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #18,749 of 22,021
I use V2 Beta, and trebles is better on V2 with my HD800S. Unless my Hd800S isn’t bright enough, and or I am as deaf as a duck, because that is the only way why it isn’t bright to me but sound rather more beautiful than V1
Perhaps your HD800s are not as bright as Andromeda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back