DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 31, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #18,646 of 22,021
Oct 31, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #18,647 of 22,021
tbh i feel not comfortable to replace it myself, might as well leave it as is and wait for the Sony price drop a bit (or maybe some promotion offer) and change camp ...:grimacing:

thanks all for the replies, happy listening :smile_phones:

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #18,648 of 22,021
tbh i feel not comfortable to replace it myself, might as well leave it as is and wait for the Sony price drop a bit (or maybe some promotion offer) and change camp ...:grimacing:

thanks all for the replies, happy listening :smile_phones:

It may seem daunting and I can relate to that... but there's a video step-by-step guide from iBasso Support and it really isn't too technical.

Minimal tools, allen keys, screw drivers and loosen a few screws and you'll reach the battery.

If you're still not comfortable and prefer not to ship your unit back to iBasso, you might want to consider reaching out to a local retailer near you that you bought your DX200 from. I believe they may be able to assist with the battery replacement.

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #18,649 of 22,021
It may seem daunting and I can relate to that... but there's a video step-by-step guide from iBasso Support and it really isn't too technical.

Minimal tools, allen keys, screw drivers and loosen a few screws and you'll reach the battery.

If you're still not comfortable and prefer not to ship your unit back to iBasso, you might want to consider reaching out to a local retailer near you that you bought your DX200 from. I believe they may be able to assist with the battery replacement.
In HK, the agency only will help you send the unit back to China if it is quality problem while warranty is still effective. For all kinds of other problem, including expired warranty, they will charge you much more.

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #18,651 of 22,021
Do you know how to opearate in native DSD mode without using the USB Audio Settings provided by the addon from Lurker for beta firmware?
I followed the instruction in Lurker's github to set up the trial version of UAPP. However, the DSD is neither played in DoP nor native DSD, but instead played in D2P which instantaneously converts the DSD64 to 24/352.
I have just tested the UAPP and Neutron carefully.
They have different sound signatures obviously. While I am considering to buy UAPP for this reason, I don't know how to play DSD natively on UAPP stopping me from buying it.

I’m sorry Augustine, but I stopped experimenting with DSD a while back. I don’t know if that will resolve your situation, but look at the settings in UAPP. Under USB Audio there is an option for native DSD.

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #18,652 of 22,021
A place where you ordered your battery ?
It was bought from a shop in a shopping mall in HK.
I’m sorry Augustine, but I stopped experimenting with DSD a while back. I don’t know if that will resolve your situation, but look at the settings in UAPP. Under USB Audio there is an option for native DSD.
Neither the native DSD nor the DSD over PCM works, (nor even the DSD to PCM works properly because of lags). It is under USB Audio so I think it won't work unless there is a USB DAC driver for that. The ALSA state in Lurker's USB Audio shows 'Format: S32_LE' when playing DSD by UAPP instead of 'Format: Special' , which will be shown if DSD is played by Neutron.
It seems that Neutron is the only app apart from Mango to have full native DSD compatibility. But I do love the performance of UAPP on PCM playback. The clarity of UAPP is audibly higher by than Neutron.

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #18,653 of 22,021
I just installed the 8.1 V2 beta. It does wipe out Lurker add-on. All you have to do is run the L0 1.10 installer again. It's all really a snap once you get used to it--at least on Windows.

As for sound, it does sound ever so slightly smoother to me. V1 sounded just a slight bit brittle and dry to me compared to Android 6. Now, it sounds just as fluid as Android 6 and overall SQ is just as good. I want to say better, but it is pretty subtle and I would be going on memory.

This is exactly my impression as well. I was never completely impressed by 8.1 beta V1's sound. In particular I found the bass impact lacking and the sense of soundstage depth almost gone. Very happy to say that with the beta V2, the soundstage opened back up and brought back the visceral, impactful bass I was enjoying so much in Android 6 firmware (2.10.215).

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #18,654 of 22,021
Oreo Beta 2 is offically out now. Here's changelog for improvements.

-Based on firmware version Oreo 8.1 Beta 0.03.004 (Beta 2)
Yalp Store is added as Play Store’s alternative (I keep Google Play Services for those who want to install Play Store through other means)
-Apollo – Fidelity Edition from https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/apollo-music-player-fidelity-edition-t3038629 included
-Revamped MangoPlayer UI with improved user experience
-build.prop tweaks for better video and storage performance and improve battery life
-Audio engine optimized for only audio playback (EQ/Gaplass features work)

For download and instructions, please check in this page below. :)

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/ibasso-dx200-oreo-8-1-purist-rom-beta-2-version-released/

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #18,656 of 22,021
Okay, now it's starting to bug me a little. I think V2 (+ Lurker 1.10) sounds the best I've ever heard from my stock DX200 (+amp8). Is it just me?

But, the "official" word is the this is mainly about Android performance right?

Since, it's impossible to A/B, I wonder if this is just the fact that I've been away from the unit for a bit, or the fact that I switched filters.

Am I imagining the small but enjoyable bump in SQ?

Oct 31, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #18,657 of 22,021
Okay, now it's starting to bug me a little. I think V2 (+ Lurker 1.10) sounds the best I've ever heard from my stock DX200 (+amp8). Is it just me?

But, the "official" word is the this is mainly about Android performance right?

Since, it's impossible to A/B, I wonder if this is just the fact that I've been away from the unit for a bit, or the fact that I switched filters.

Am I imagining the small but enjoyable bump in SQ?
The sound improved with V2, that is how I am hearing it.

Oct 31, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #18,658 of 22,021
Was hesitant to try 8.1 but looks like a lot of the bugs have been fixed.

Do you any of you guys miss anything from the non8.1 Lurker FW in terms of sound or performance??

Oct 31, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #18,659 of 22,021
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

I installed Oreo and Lurker Add on and when I played the first song, I thought something was broken. I thought the sound was coming from some speakers and not my IEM.

Nov 1, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #18,660 of 22,021
Guys, sorry, I already brought this up before, but am still uncertain. I'm running the latest Lurker 6.1 FW, and now wanting to upgrade to Oreo how exactly do you do that? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I will need to return to stock 6.1 and then flash Oreo? And in order to return to stock 6.1 I should follow the same instructions I used when flashing Lurker's? This is the point where I get uncertain. Thank you in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back