DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 29, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #17,746 of 22,021
I only believe in facts, not what I want to believe.

This claim, is very very true, I would never disagree with it. Just that statement, my friend, a sub $1000 products can’t use quality parts ? Common. The parts in Dx200 is already of high-end tier from other companies with affordable pricing. Maybe, you want to put the statement you just claimed above, and that would have encourage people more to find your business.

The Dx200 already using excellent and high quality components that can’t be found from this typical pricing, which allows a perfect reasons to even further upgrading it for a better experiences without losing too much. There are always better components and we all know it

As you can see that I replaced tantalum caps with slightly more orange ones. It's the best tantalum caps you can find in market today. Some highend IEMs also use tantalum caps from this brand but not the best and most expensive one.

I didn't say DX200 doesn't use quality parts. Those are good but there's always better. So what's wrong if I use better grade beyond market to upgrade my work? It makes worthwhile improvements for affordable highend products like DX200.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #17,747 of 22,021
Clocks in Sp1000 is 200Fs RMS, and so is the Dx200 (198 Femto second rms). The 45.1584Mhz is already 98 femto second rms . Not only that, but the phase noise is also -165Dbc/Hz at 10Khz I don’t know what clocks out there can be better. I am curious of what brand of clocks do you deem upgrade worthy in dx200 ? You can keep it secret, but I know exactly the clocks that is inside dx200. Unless @Paul - iBasso want to disclose it to everyone, otherwise, this is all I can say

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #17,748 of 22,021
As you can see that I replaced tantalum caps with slightly more orange ones. It's the best tantalum caps you can find in market today. Some highend IEMs also use tantalum caps from this brand but not the best and most expensive one.

I didn't say DX200 doesn't use quality parts. Those are good but there's always better. So what's wrong if I use better grade beyond market to upgrade my work? It makes worthwhile improvements for affordable highend products like DX200.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Thanks for this

I see you edited your other posts, and with your statement, I agree. There is nothing wrong to modify something in order to bring the best out of it, and ofcourse the best components are only from DIY or Mod, and with these, it brings Dx200 to another level.

One reason why I love Dx200 is because of how high quality the components are already, and how future proof it is, and at the pricing that it is priced. I don’t know why, but I am easily frustrated when I see people look down on Dx200. Be it, subjective or objective, may be the facts that I know the parts used too much (dx200 is using high quality that is only seen in high-end expensive DAP from other manufacturers). You said it yourself, not even A&K is using top tier components are worthy of their marketing and margin. The business reason is because the top tier is always the most expensive, until the next top tier is released. Maybe Sony, but they are not sticking around to the affordable market anymore

See, this is the reason why Hi-Fi Man came up with “it is expensive because it sound good”. Majority of people who don’t know much about electrical and components, only look at a products by it pricing. Perhap, if dx200 was to be priced at $3,499, people would have stopped looking down onto it, and maybe start treating customers like “flees” the way A&K does, then people would even respect Ibasso as a company more ?

This is why I am easily frustrated to see when people look down on Ibasso

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #17,749 of 22,021
Clocks in Sp1000 is 200Fs RMS, and so is the Dx200 (198 Femto second rms). The 45.1584Mhz is already 98 femto second rms . Not only that, but the phase noise is also -165Dbc/Hz at 10Khz I don’t know what clocks out there can be better. I am curious of what brand of clocks do you deem upgrade worthy in dx200 ? You can keep it secret, but I know exactly the clocks that is inside dx200. Unless @Paul - iBasso want to disclose it to everyone, otherwise, this is all I can say

Most daps have 12/24mhz clock for system and those can be upgraded with better frequency stability / phase noise /etc. Some daps have dedicated audio clocks and Sony WM1A/Z and DX200 use 90.3168MHz clock which are rare to find and I doubt most people can even find clock to replace to begin with. Most highend dacs today still use 22-24mhz for good reason but I'll leave it at that. I just want to prove my point that those clocks can be upgraded.

Thanks for this

I see you edited your other posts, and with your statement, I agree. There is nothing wrong to modify something in order to bring the best out of it, and ofcourse the best components are only from DIY or Mod, and with these, it brings Dx200 to another level.

One reason why I love Dx200 is because of how high quality the components are already, and how future proof it is, and at the pricing that it is priced. I don’t know why, but I am easily frustrated when I see people look down on Dx200. Be it, subjective or objective, may be the facts that I know the parts used too much (dx200 is using high quality that is only seen in high-end expensive DAP from other manufacturers). You said it yourself, not even A&K is using top tier components are worthy of their marketing and margin. The business reason is because the top tier is always the most expensive, until the next top tier is released. Maybe Sony, but they are not sticking around to the affordable market anymore

See, this is the reason why Hi-Fi Man came up with “it is expensive because it sound good”. Majority of people who don’t know much about electrical and components, only look at a products by it pricing. Perhap, if dx200 was to be priced at $3,499, people would have stopped looking down onto it, and maybe start treating customers like “flees” the way A&K does, then people would even respect Ibasso as a company more ?

This is why I am easily frustrated to see when people look down on Ibasso

I didn't look down on DX200. Why would I look down on this model when I spent so much time and effort to outperform Ak380? Some may say it is already better than that but Ak380 owner won't think so. I finally managed to make some of those ak380 owners admit they prefer dx200 after modding now so there's no way I'm looking down on dx200.

However, Ak380 uses very good parts and over all better DAC design and I must admit they have good internal to make up for its acclaimed price at that time though they could have been a bit cheaper but understandable seeing how much effort they put on marketing.

I've modified many daps in market including Ak380 itself and HM901S which is another killer for its price. You have to see all sides of coins to understand why they love AK more too. Most AK daps are over priced but Ak380 is a model that can gain my respect.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #17,751 of 22,021
Looks like orange caps are AVX OxiCap's. Are they better than AVX F95 series?

For me I prefer Oxicap but you can try both and see for yourself. :)

Sep 29, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #17,752 of 22,021
WechatIMG31.jpeg

Prepare your (wallet) for the new 3.5Pro amp........come with a 2.5-3.5Pro cable bundled...

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #17,754 of 22,021
Does anyone has the same Problem as me?

I've purchased a few Days ago the AMP 7 module.

My Problem is that it seems like thats something wrong with the screw thread of my AMP 7, I can't get both screws deep enough so that the AMP Module sits tight.

I've tested it with the screws from my Amp 1 and got the same problem so there must be something wrong with the screw threads of the AMP .

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #17,755 of 22,021

My Problem is that it seems like thats something wrong with the screw thread of my AMP 7, I can't get both screws deep enough so that the AMP Module sits tight.

I've tested it with the screws from my Amp 1 and got the same problem so there must be something wrong with the screw threads of the AMP .

Pictures ? No pictures, we don’t know what you are talking about

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #17,756 of 22,021

I never noticed this before because I always have the leather case on. I have the AMP7 on now and just checked. Its locked in for me.

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #17,758 of 22,021
OMG, not another iteration of amp8.
Getting tire of this.
Getting battery improvement is more likely your research model.

How about modding it to last longer?

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #17,759 of 22,021

Sounds like the screw has been cross threaded, easily done if the screw is steel and the body is aluminium. Does the screw go in straight? Or does it feel like it’s at a slight angle while you try to screw it in

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #17,760 of 22,021
How about modding it to last longer?

Ate there any mod option to make the player run longer from a single charge without compromising on the audio features?

And that heat that gets generated, especially the dx200ti. It can replace the water heater in my home (joking).

I love the ti except for that extreme heat. Some solutions to mitigate it would be very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back