DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 13, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #11,852 of 22,021
I use Android mode 90% of the time, but cause I use Tidal.

To me pure Mango sounds similar to when I play bit perfect though UAPP - fuller, richer, more expansive and detailed. Quite noticeable to me with my setup. But I don't know how that differs from Android Mango as I don't use it as much.

On another note...

20180312_203048.jpg

Got Amp 4 last night! Only burned in about 10 hrs so far and about 1.5 hrs listening time.

Differences from Amp 3: slightly more immersive soundstage and clarity. Maybe. I'm not sure if I want to hear that since I've read it so much from Amp 4 reviews or not to be honest, also it's not burned in so obviously these impressions are premature.

One thing I can definitely hear though is that sub-bass is more subdued on Amp 4 vs Amp 3. And because of that I actually prefer Amp 3 so far, at least when paired with the EE Phantom.

Will continue to burn in and listen more closely when possible... But if it remains as is then look for an Amp 4 in the classifieds soon, will post here first :L3000:

This isn't a knock on Amp 4, rather yet another reminder of the synergistic role that each component of your chain plays, for better or worse, depending on your own preferences. In my particular case I prefer the Phantom with Amp 3 so far.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #11,853 of 22,021
strange issue i've been having the past 2 weeks

on latest firmware

my DX200 keeps turning off by itself when i'm not using it for an hour or so. I have my balanced cable plugged in during the time.

Other issue i'm having is with Tidal not FF a song when I click on the hardware button. I have to hit the power button and then it will FF when the screen turns back on.
I have the same issue, DX turns itself off after some time of not playing any music. Happens in pure Mango mode.

Btw are there any plans to add a lyrics support iBasso?

Mar 14, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #11,854 of 22,021
morning all I was checking through my sd card and found some extra folders have been added. there is a lost dir, android and a system volume information one is it safe to remove these from the card?

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #11,855 of 22,021
Hi all!

Recently got the DX200...still burning it in, UI not the smoothest, but sound is nice!

I'm looking to connect an external portable HDD via OTG and have installed Lurker's latest firmware. However, neither my WD My Passport Ultra 2 Tb or Seagate 4 Tb drives (which I believe are NTFS-formatted) show up when connected via a USB-C OTG cable or hub with additional power. A 32 Gb Lexar thumb drive (formatted as FAT) does show up correctly when connected via OTG.

Lurker's FW says exFAT or NTFS is supported via UUID. Do I need to mount it manually or should it automatically show up? What is the UUID? Serial number?

Appreciate the help. Would love to access some DSD files I have on the HDD.

Thank you!

Joe

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #11,856 of 22,021
Lurkers firmware,Android, Mango and all the different amps to choose from. I don’t look at any of them as being better sq, more like different flavours to enjoy :L3000:

I completely agree Kev, it's like different flavors of ice cream!

I have the same issue, DX turns itself off after some time of not playing any music. Happens in pure Mango mode.

That is by design.

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #11,857 of 22,021
morning all I was checking through my sd card and found some extra folders have been added. there is a lost dir, android and a system volume information one is it safe to remove these from the card?

Years ago...like almost a decade ago...I had the same thing on my DX100. I was told...don't worry...delete them.

Yeah.

That caused my first factory reset...lol.

I don't know if you can delete them these days...but if it ain't broke...

Don't fix it.

I just leave them be, but it's up to you.

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #11,858 of 22,021

Btw are there any plans to add a lyrics support iBasso?

It is actually normal when you have that mode in order to save battery from draining too much (same case as the OS from late DX50 and DX90). This is only happening on Mango OS as far as I know.

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #11,859 of 22,021
Lurker's FW says exFAT or NTFS is supported via UUID. Do I need to mount it manually or should it automatically show up?
It should show up. I mean "it", because Android 6.0 does not support mounting two USB devices at the same time.

What is the UUID? Serial number?
It depends on a file system and should not matter for you. The meaning of that change is that a mounted drive (SD card, or HDD or whatever) will be shown in some apps (but not in the pre-installed Explorer) as a sequence of hexadecimal digits, not as "default".

Last time I tried to mount my WD My Passport Ultra (2.5''), I hadn't any problem, but it was a long ago. I'll try to check if it still works. But please note, especially for 4TB: it must be partitioned using old, MBR, way, not GPT! Though I never tried GPT with Android at all.

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #11,864 of 22,021
Now for my top wish list in the next firmware update.... search function pleeeeeeaaaaaassseeeee.....
+100 on this. The only thing that prevents me for using Mango Mode more often

Users who are viewing this thread

Back