DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 24, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #7,876 of 22,021
@artpiggo @headwhacker
guys I was sure it was not easy the comparison...but pls try to follow the sense of my words...let's take a real world example, using a couple camera with the same sensor (BSI) tecnology: sony a9 24mpx and sony a7r2 (42mpx)...let's take a shot at 12.800 iso, so a noisy image and let's resize a7r2 image to 24mpx. The sense of a bigger megapixel camera is not only to do larger print...if you compare the a7r2 image resized to 24mpx A9 image, you will see less noise and more details in a7r2 vs a9, all things being equal (same resolution).

The analogy is that in audio world we have big problems with noise. From when we start in the recording room till the final listen in our home system. (for example the DAC when it does its conversions...). Every part of the audio chain has to do good(optimum) job to minimize noise, etc and the better is done this job, the better will be preserved our sound in the range where we are more sensitive...for this reason the more larger informations we keep, the better (theoretically) final result will should get in the final listening in the good "limited" range where we can hear...long story, I don't want to go OT...just to give an idea of the sense of my analogy...

Always a mistake to use photography as analogy for audio. Will just make you and everyone else confused. So please stop, it will not go anywhere productive.

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #7,877 of 22,021
Always a mistake to use photography as analogy for audio. Will just make you and everyone else confused. So please stop, it will not go anywhere productive.
ok...I stop.... :frowning2:

(but my question in the previous page remains...)

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #7,878 of 22,021
Hi guys
I have two questions ,

1: does it Substitute Dx200 battery ?
2: If I use Amp3 I have to update FW ?

Regards Mori

Aug 24, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #7,879 of 22,021
Hi guys
I have two questions ,

Regards Mori

1. from what Paul said, it's able to change the battery. Twister6 dissected the device and showed how to access the battery and the screen. You may order the battery and change it by yourself or send it to Ibasso.

2. From new firmware changelog said that new version supported AMP3, I think that the previous version is not supported. So maybe yes, you should update.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #7,880 of 22,021
If I am not wrong officially only Fw version 2.4 and 2.5 can be used with the Amp3 (I read here somewhere in the previous post)

Aug 24, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #7,881 of 22,021
1. from what Paul said, it's able to change the battery. Twister6 dissected the device and showed how to access the battery and the screen. You may order the battery and change it by yourself or send it to Ibasso.

2. From new firmware changelog said that new version supported AMP3, I think that the previous version is not supported. So maybe yes, you should update.
If I am not wrong officially only Fw version 2.4 and 2.5 can be used with the Amp3 (I read here somewhere in the previous post)

Thanks guys

Aug 24, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #7,882 of 22,021
For those that are seeing an improvement with AMP3, does that include using multi BA earphones such as higher end Nobles, Campfire Audio earphones, 64 Audio earphones, etc?
Or is it mostly with harder to drive headphones?

If you get a good impression, can you post what earphones/headphones you are using?

thanks.

Using a Hybrid multi driver IEM, Dunu DK-3001 here :gs1000smile:

The improvements are there with this IEM!

@artpiggo @headwhacker
guys I was sure it was not easy the comparison...but pls try to follow the sense of my words...let's take a real world example, using a couple camera with the same sensor (BSI) tecnology: sony a9 24mpx and sony a7r2 (42mpx)...let's take a shot at 12.800 iso, so a noisy image and let's resize a7r2 image to 24mpx. The sense of a bigger megapixel camera is not only to do larger print...if you compare the a7r2 image resized to 24mpx A9 image, you will see less noise and more details in a7r2 vs a9, all things being equal (same resolution).

The analogy is that in audio world we have big problems with noise. From when we start in the recording room till the final listen in our home system. (for example the DAC when it does its conversions...). Every part of the audio chain has to do good(optimum) job to minimize noise, etc and the better is done this job, the better will be preserved our sound in the range where we are more sensitive...for this reason the more larger informations we keep, the better (theoretically) final result will should get in the final listening in the good "limited" range where we can hear...long story, I don't want to go OT...just to give an idea of the sense of my analogy...

I really have to start learning about camera sensors and such...

Hi guys
I have two questions ,

Regards Mori

1. You can, and Brother @twister6 showed that the process is fairly simple and hassle free, with the right tools

2. You should. I have the latest firmware installed already, and I am very pleased with it :smile_phones:

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #7,883 of 22,021
I have a question, I wanna buy the amp3 from Hongkong, but if there is some battery inside the amp module, my friend there can not ship the amp module to me.
The question is where does the battery of the DX200 reside ? I guess it is not in the amp module right ?

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #7,884 of 22,021
I have a question, I wanna buy the amp3 from Hongkong, but if there is some battery inside the amp module, my friend there can not ship the amp module to me.
The question is where does the battery of the DX200 reside ? I guess it is not in the amp module right ?

Nope.

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #7,885 of 22,021
I am about to order amp3. I am becoming convinced I do not need any external amp for DX200/Sennheiser HD800 S combo. So with the money I am saving I can buy relatively inexpensive tweaks like amp3 and balanced cables for my Beyerdynamic T5P g2 as well as more music with HD Tracks. .

So amp3 line out only balanced. Is there any way to get a connection that would allow DX200 with amp3 to connect to 3.5mm input for car radio? I know quality not as good for even a good car radio but I do like to listen to my playlists while on the road. I could just keep DX80 or put amp1 back on, but it would be nice if there was some sort of connection that would allow amp3 to work with car radio. My guess is there is no such thing but thought I would ask anyway.

If I did want to connect DX200/amp3 to an outboard amp I would need to connect to a balanced line in. I thought I read in a reply to one of my posts that would be double amping which is not a good thing.

If I order from iBasso site how long does it take to get amp3? I am going out of town on the 1st of September so would like to have it before then (I live in New Mexixo). I assume burn in needed but have seen post where it sounds pretty good right out of box.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #7,886 of 22,021
I am about to order amp3. I am becoming convinced I do not need any external amp for DX200/Sennheiser HD800 S combo. So with the money I am saving I can buy relatively inexpensive tweaks like amp3 and balanced cables for my Beyerdynamic T5P g2 as well as more music with HD Tracks. .

So amp3 line out only balanced. Is there any way to get a connection that would allow DX200 with amp3 to connect to 3.5mm input for car radio? I know quality not as good for even a good car radio but I do like to listen to my playlists while on the road. I could just keep DX80 or put amp1 back on, but it would be nice if there was some sort of connection that would allow amp3 to work with car radio. My guess is there is no such thing but thought I would ask anyway.

If I did want to connect DX200/amp3 to an outboard amp I would need to connect to a balanced line in. I thought I read in a reply to one of my posts that would be double amping which is not a good thing.

If I order from iBasso site how long does it take to get amp3? I am going out of town on the 1st of September so would like to have it before then (I live in New Mexixo). I assume burn in needed but have seen post where it sounds pretty good right out of box.

Hi,
I live in Cali.
Ordered amp3 with express fee of $22 and be at my door in 4 business days.
If it's normal tracking of $10 then website said 3 to 5 weeks. Can't wait so I always go with 22 USD express fee.
Bought DX200 and amp with 22 USD fee there too.

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #7,888 of 22,021

You're not double amping with AM3, it has only 2.5mm outputs, either HO or LO.

If you're connecting your LO to your cars LI , then youre not double amping, and you get the best sound!

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #7,890 of 22,021
Good news, then I just need a male 2.5mm to 3.5mm connection.
You can't do that as far as I know. You cant go balanced to SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back