DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 16, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #5,283 of 22,021
I agree. I love the dx200 with hd650. Try without an amp first and if you like what you hear consider investing in a balanced cable rather than an amp...

Yes DX200 balance has a lot of power.

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #5,284 of 22,021
Thanks a lot guys. That's a great relief, at least I have my mind set on a DAP when I have enough money to buy an end game DAP. I was really confused between dx80 and X5 3 only because I felt dx80 was superior in sound quality, soundstage and for the price the features X5 3 offer. I always prefer sound over flexibility or features.

Now all I need is buy dx200 and a decent AMP to power HD650, that is my dream setup and that's the end game for me.

You guys are really helpful, THANKS AGAIN.

All you need us a balance cable with HD650.

Mar 16, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #5,286 of 22,021

is it thicker than the case that comes with the DX200? wondering cause of the double-backing on the Miter.

only the back side because of the kickstand

Do you have a picture with a kickstand open?  Do you think it will be possible to cut off the kickstand panel without damaging the case?  Also, how easy is it to press the hw control buttons since they are covered now?

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #5,287 of 22,021

Now all I need is buy dx200 and a decent AMP to power HD650, that is my dream setup and that's the end game for me.

As the others have stated...you don't need an amp with the HD650's...just get yourself a balanced cable. The power put out by the base AMP unit on the DX200 is more than sufficient to blow your mind away. I also tested the DX200/HD650 single ended and adding a little C&C BH amp (a fantastic little known unit). The sound was off the chain. Yeah...that good. But for me, it takes away from the beauty of the unit and makes it less streamlined. But anyway...no..you don't need an amp...you just need balanced 650 cables.

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #5,288 of 22,021

I have a HD650 and I think an additional amp its not necessary. Try the couple DX200-HD650 before buying an amp.

I agree. I love the dx200 with hd650. Try without an amp first and if you like what you hear consider investing in a balanced cable rather than an amp...

Yes DX200 balance has a lot of power.

All you need us a balance cable with HD650.

Sure, I would definitely try HD650 without an AMP. Thank you all.

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #5,289 of 22,021

As the others have stated...you don't need an amp with the HD650's...just get yourself a balanced cable. The power put out by the base AMP unit on the DX200 is more than sufficient to blow your mind away. I also tested the DX200/HD650 single ended and adding a little C&C BH amp (a fantastic little known unit). The sound was off the chain. Yeah...that good. But for me, it takes away from the beauty of the unit and makes it less streamlined. But anyway...no..you don't need an amp...you just need balanced 650 cables.

Sure, I would do the same.

If we use third party players like PowerAmp or Player Pro, will the dx200 use its dual DACs. Is the Android SRC disabled on dx200? I got a confirmation from Fiio that any player on X5 3 uses the dual DACs as they have bypassed Android SRC.

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #5,290 of 22,021

If we use third party players like PowerAmp or Player Pro, will the dx200 use its dual DACs. Is the Android SRC disabled on dx200? I got a confirmation from Fiio that any player on X5 3 uses the dual DACs as they have bypassed Android SRC.

It is stated somewhere in the thread by ibasso that both dac chips are always used. 

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #5,291 of 22,021

Yes the unit always uses both DAC's simultaneously at all times.

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #5,294 of 22,021
Sorry for a naive question. Can all headphones take adv of the Bal out from the DX200? I assume not right? If not, then what headphones can?

Short answer is any headphone. There's nothing about the can or IEM itself that makes it balanced or single-ended. It's all in the wiring.

Not really true, practically speaking though. You need a balanced cable. If your cables aren't built-in, it's relatively straight-forward to get a balanced replacement cable. Not cheap, plan to spend 75 to 1,000,000 dollars :) Seriously, I've found some balanced IEM replacement cables for 60 (Null Audio) but most will run 100 - 500, and there are cables for (way) over 1000. There is an almost irresistible tendency to upgrade to a 'better' cable when you move from single-ended to balanced.

If the headphones have built-in cables, it's a different story. Some can simply be re-terminated. Others must be replaced. There are folks on this site who make a business of re-terminating cables or re-wiring headphones to balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back