DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 14, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #4,246 of 22,021
Since someone asked me to post this in main DX200 forum.

By the way, I finished cooked ROM with Play Store now (no additional installation required). I don't use official recent Play Store version as it may need webview and other stuff so this one works and is lightweight enough.

I'm still on process of modifying my own commercial firmware to use with my local projects. I think I should be able to release my Purist ROM as factory image soon after finishing the main ROM.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #4,247 of 22,021
Noticed and just ordered one for £680 with 1-2 day delivery. Was going to wait for the FIIO X5 III but FIIO confirmed I would get hiss with my SE846's (I hate background hiss). Do have one of those ifi iEMatch adapters but prefer not to use it.

I've not read as much on the iBasso as the Fiio but am hoping it sounds as good as a Chord Mojo (or better?). I'm choosing this over a MojoPoly combo at £900.  With it being Android based does anyone know if it plays Spotify/Tidal offline/streamed at correct frequency (no Android upscaling) ?

AMP3 have a good returns policy so can always return if its not to my liking.   

You will not be disappointed! I got lucky and managed to get one of the first batch from AMP3 for £675 on Jan 24th. Excellent service from them as ever and nice that us in the UK are not having to pay over inflated prices for once! Off line Spotify and Tidal without resampling are supported (according to this forum),not sure about Roon. Enjoy!

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #4,248 of 22,021
You will not be disappointed! I got lucky and managed to get one of the first batch from AMP3 for £675 on Jan 24th. Excellent service from them as ever and nice that us in the UK are not having to pay over inflated prices for once! Off line Spotify and Tidal without resampling are supported (according to this forum),not sure about Roon. Enjoy!

Yes, still £675 but I paid extra £5 for quick delivery. Seems very cheap for UK compared to some places. Surprised really what with Brexit & devalued £ ??

I still prefer the look of the X5III and smaller size/weight but SQ ultimate aim for FLAC/DSD & Tidal or Spotify streaming/offline. Also Android 6 rather than 5 on the FIIO so less chance of issues with outdated Android over next few years at least.

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #4,252 of 22,021

If you purchase from an authorized dealer you can send any iBasso product to that dealer for service or directly back to us. If you purchase from an unauthorized dealer you will need to send the item back to that dealer for servicing. For our warranty coverage you will need a dated receipt with the dealers name for for our product. I hope this helps.

Less than 0.3 Nice.
And the other question... read .cue?, thanks.

Yes, .cue is working!  Just tested it with one of the Future Trance mixes (146MB mp3 file with a .cue file that has time markers and track labels).  In a folder view it displays every individual track and you can skip between them.

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #4,253 of 22,021
  The fix was posted before, as a link to Chinese forums. Here is the file (repacked w/o hieroglyphs in file names):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6mwdn76he1ctpt/DX200_DFU.zip?dl=0

You need a PC/Windows with installed USB Audio drivers for DX200. The driver set also contains iBassoUSBAudioDFU.exe file which you need to run to install this update. You need to connect DX200 in USB DAC mode, run that tool and choose the DX200-20170109-DFU.bin from the zip archive I've provided above. The supplied PDF with instruction in Chinese says the same
smily_headphones1.gif

Got it working!

Thanks Lurker0.  
Now need to wait for your mods! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #4,254 of 22,021

Have you tried this music on other cards? I am trying to replicate this. Is it on all 24/192 music? We have all types of music here but I am not getting any popping or tick sounds.

Hi Paul,

Will switch to another card and give it a try.  As this is a random affair, will give it a couple days before I report back.

Also, I was trying to copy some files to the built-in memory to try, but was unable to do so.  Is there any trick about doing that?  I tried in Mango mode and Android mode, with Windows 10 and MacOS, even tried to copy from the SD card in Android mode, no help!

Cheers

Victor 

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #4,256 of 22,021
I've been loving the v moda crossfade wireless (in wired mode dont know how to get them to pair for wireless) past few days.

So here's a question for you guys, what is the best closed back headphone you guys have used with your dx200? I love the bass and clarity coming from the v modas, nothing sounds boomy just deep and impactful, voices are really clear, everything sounds great to my ears.

Im curious what high end closed back headphones you guys enjoy and why you enjoy them with the dx200

Thanks

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #4,257 of 22,021
Anybody used the beyerdynamic t5p 2nd gen with dx200? Or any of you guys have any experience with the t5p 2nd gen?

Cheers

Though my full size can collection is smaller in comparison to C/IEMs, T5p2 is still among my favorite full size cans, have it moded with MrSpeaker Alpha pads.

Pair up with DX200 is excellent (SE connection since I only have stock 3.5mm cable).  Vary spacious expanded sound, fast lean bass punch with a quality sub-bass rumble, revealing detailed mids, and a nice treble sparkle with plenty of airiness.  Never gets sibilant or harsh.

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #4,258 of 22,021

Hi Paul,

Will switch to another card and give it a try.  As this is a random affair, will give it a couple days before I report back.

Also, I was trying to copy some files to the built-in memory to try, but was unable to do so.  Is there any trick about doing that?  I tried in Mango mode and Android mode, with Windows 10 and MacOS, even tried to copy from the SD card in Android mode, no help!

Cheers

Victor 

You have to pull down the drop down window from the top of the screen and change it to the USB setting you want when in Android. If in Mango you have to go to Settings. You swipe to the left to get to Settings. For transferring when on Mac you have to download and use Android File Transfer for Mac.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 14, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #4,259 of 22,021
Though my full size can collection is smaller in comparison to C/IEMs, T5p2 is still among my favorite full size cans, have it moded with MrSpeaker Alpha pads.

Pair up with DX200 is excellent (SE connection since I only have stock 3.5mm cable).  Vary spacious expanded sound, fast lean bass punch with a quality sub-bass rumble, revealing detailed mids, and a nice treble sparkle with plenty of airiness.  Never gets sibilant or harsh.

I would love to find a stockist near me in the UK to demo them. Sound as though they are exactly what in looking for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back