DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 16, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #1,531 of 22,021

Wow, 6Vrms BAL and 3Vrms SE - we are talking some serious power to drive even demanding full size cans!  Let's say at 16 ohm load, 6Vrms => 2.25W, 3Vrms => 563 mW.

Also, doubling the voltage in BAL output (in comparison to SE) indicates a proper head-amp architecture.

This I imagine would be their top spec amp module.

Frankly, I wouldn't expect anything less than their top spec amp module, at $869.00...
rolleyes.gif

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #1,532 of 22,021
I almost expected this to be at least around $1200-$1500, thank god iBasso sees what's happening in the market. I'm totally interested in this as a replacement for my DP-X1 because of the amp module, the looks and possible build quality, hopefully on software front they won't disappoint like X7 around the first time it launched. Now to manage my bank account to get through the storm of GPU upgrade, possible Ether Flow acquisition and THIS

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #1,534 of 22,021
This I imagine would be their top spec amp module (with reduced play time).

I assume that the specs are related to the amp module that the DX200 comes with since Paul has posted the specs that are likely going on the product page that is very likely displaying the specs of the DAP with the module it comes with.
Publishing the specs of another module wouldn't make sense and seem quite a bit like a misinformation as well, and watching iBasso for a few years and being a customer of theirs since the DX50 without being a fanboy, I highly doubt that they would release anything other than the specs of the module it comes with, which are definitely really good.

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #1,535 of 22,021

I assume that the specs are related to the amp module that the DX200 comes with since Paul has posted the specs that are likely going on the product page that is very likely displaying the specs of the DAP with the module it comes with.
Publishing the specs of another module wouldn't make sense and seem quite a bit like a misinformation as well, and watching iBasso for a few years and being a customer of theirs since the DX50 without being a fanboy, I highly doubt that they would release anything other than the specs of the module it comes with, which are definitely really good.

1: Good to know.

2: Like promising 2 uSD slots.

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #1,536 of 22,021

2: Like promising 2 uSD slots.

We all will forgive this unpleasantness to them, when we'll be sure that dx200 destroys its competitors in terms of SQ and overall usability.

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #1,540 of 22,021
Same league or not ibasso will loose sales for sure, not many are gonna buy both and most will go for the cheaper.
The two companies are in the same boat, too many options available elswhere these days and imo Fiio will get the sound right sooner or later for the lowest price which leaves ibasso in not a great marketing position, DX200 has to impress massively in the sound department to justify its asking price. The two daps look way too similar externally too..

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #1,541 of 22,021
Same league or not ibasso will loose sales for sure, not many are gonna buy both and most will go for the cheaper.
The two companies are in the same boat, too many options available elswhere these days and imo Fiio will get the sound right sooner or later for the lowest price which leaves ibasso in not a great marketing position, DX200 has to impress massively in the sound department to justify its asking price. The two daps look way too similar externally too..

Even internally the X5iii looks way more impressive for the price. At the moment what DX200 has it going is the insane power output for a DAP and the changeable modules. But I'm leaning more towards the X5iii now based on specs-price alone.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #1,542 of 22,021
Even internally the X5iii looks way more impressive for the price. At the moment what DX200 has it going is the insane power output for a DAP and the changeable modules. But I'm leaning more towards the X5iii now based on specs-price alone.
but do rmb ibasso created 2 legendary daps in DX90 & DX100/HDP-R10. Fiio has never created any legendary daps yet. So for the track record, I would trust Ibasso more

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #1,543 of 22,021
but do rmb ibasso created 2 legendary daps in DX90 & DX100/HDP-R10. Fiio has never created any legendary daps yet. So for the track record, I would trust Ibasso more

Oh, i love ibasso, bought most tbeir stuff, but dx90 whilst ok wasn't really that impressive sound wise and dx80 was downright failure.
I am sure dx200 would correct that, but tuning a dap well has proven a very elusive business to mist companies disregarding costs

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #1,545 of 22,021
Agree I found dx90 and dx80 underwhelming..lasted around 3 days for me. Listened to dx80 after sony zx2, and it didn't fare so well, so I expect dx200 tipi at least better a zx2 if it is to sell (tough but very possible). With capped wm1a flying at around 820 now...Market is competitive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back