DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 17, 2015 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22,019
The DX200 has been designed from the ground up. Interchangeable amps, a CNC case and the finest components. Retail price $869.00.

Micro SD cards tested with the DX200 up to and including the Sandisk 400gb. No issues found.

A burn-in cable is supplied with the DX200. When using this please use a volume setting of around 90 to 110 or lower. Also if you are charging from a depleted battery while using the burn in cable or headphones please note that the temperature of the DX200 will go up. The charging circuit and the audio circuit are both dissipating heat. Allow for air circulation around the DX200 and and if the temperature of the DX200 seems hot, discontinue the burning in or charging. Excessive heat is never good for most electronics.

A Top of the Line DAP that doesn't break the bank!

AMP2 TRS single ended phone and line out.
AMP3 2.5 TRRS balanced phone and line out.
AMP4 4.4 TRRRS balanced phone out.
AMP5 3.5 TRS Single ended phone and line out.

AMP3 a balanced high voltage high current amp. AMP4 uses a 4.4 TRRRS socket and is a dedicated balanced amp.

Many reviews with links on our Face Book page: https://www.facebook.com/iBassoAudio/

AMP2 review by Twister6: https://head-fi.org/f/showcase/ibasso-amp2.22412/reviews#review-18674

When downloading the firmware update zip file please unzip this file and then use the new zip file for the update. Do not use the original zip file for the update but use the new zip file. The zip file is placed directly on an SD card. The initial downloaded zip file must be unzipped. There are directions in the folder created once the downloaded firmware is unzipped.

The DX200 measurements/specifications.

DX200 Specifications:
2.5mm Balanced Output:
Output voltage 6Vrms
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz -0.16dB
Signal to Noise Ratio:125dB
Crosstalk: -122dB
THD+N: < 0.0002%, -114dB (64Ω@3Vrms)
3.5mm Single-ended Output:
Output voltage 3Vrms
Signal to Noise Ratio:122dB
Crosstalk: -118dB
THD+N: < 0.00032%,-110dB (32Ω@1.8Vrms)
Lineout:
Output voltage 3Vrms
Signal to Noise Ratio:122dB
THD+N: < 0.00025%,-112dB
2.4G and 5G WiFi

Dimension 128.5mm*69mm*19.5mm. Weight 240g

Features:

1. Micro SDXC card slot.
2. Type C USB connector (C connector USB2).
3. RK3368 CPU.
4. 2GB LPDDR.
5. The DAC chip is the ES9028pro with one for each channel!
6.. WIFI 2.4G and 5G
7.. Bluetooth.
8. 64gb internal memory.
9. Mango (iBasso operating system) and Android 6.0.
10. Interchangeable amplifier sections.
11. Stock amplifier: Amp1 a balanced and single ended amplifier. Specifications above.
12. Custom leather case included.
13. Optical and coax output. SPDIF
14. Line out.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Link for the Batch Tool to be used with the DX200. Directions for the installation the first time are not hard but must be followed for the BT to work. A Windows based computer has to be used. This can be on Mac if you have Parallels or a program that allows Windows on your Mac. If a file is in a .rar you will need to download an app to open the .rar.

Firmware: Right Here.

Batch Tool:
http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip

A .img firmware to use with the Batch Tool

The instructions for the use of the BT are included with the download. The BT wipes the internal memory and does a clean install of the FW. This can be handy at times when other methods of a FW update fail or if there are problems that a normal FW update does not solve.

=================================
Originally Posted by triplew

Hi Paul,

Finally I'm able to update the firmware, with generous help from another headfi member tkteo (thanks a lot!).

After that I retry myself and managed to update again, the root cause of previous failure should be due to I didn't manage to download a good/complete zip file from iBasso website, anyway just to share below the final steps i did and successful updated for other ppl reference:

1) Download the firmware from iBasso official site
(a) Better do not use any 3rd party download manager software but use the browser direct download
(b) Ensure the download is completed, check the file size
2) Unzip the downloaded file - for 1 times only
(a) This is the difference of my experience between failed to update and successful to update
(b) If you are unable to unzip the file using windows default unzip or 7-zip, then no need to proceed already, it means the downloaded file has problem. I tried to download at least 4 times and all failed to unzip, which led to failure to update software eventually.
(c) If able to unzip, then can proceed, you will see a folder, inside have a readme.txt and another zipped file (file name ending with ota.zip), this zipped file no need to unzip, leave it there.
3) Copy the ota.zip zipped file to SD card root folder (means not in any folder)
(a) Make sure the SD card was formatted in FAT32 or exFAT before you copy.
(b) On DX200, go to setting -> About DX200 -> System updates -> Local update -> locate the ota.zip then click update, the update will start if verified successful (i kept failing here yesterday).
(c) if the update started, remember do not power off or interrupt the update until it reboot automatically and completed.

I'm enjoying the DX200 now :)

=================================
For Tidal:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/791531/dx2...tooth-interchangeable-amps/2655#post_13189774

This works for installation also:

Originally Posted by aLcHieZ

On your pc / mac, you go to playstore then search for Tidal. Copy the whole URL (in this case = https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aspiro.tidal) then go to https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

Paste the tidal url and click Generate Download link then download it. Now you have tidal APK.

Now to your DX200, go to setting > Security > Unknown sources turn it on.

Plug DX200 to your pc /mac, make sure it's in File Transfers mode then copy / move Tidal APK to where ever you want. Open file explorer, go to where you put APK, then open it. Install >> Enjoy

The latest Firmware updates. Just click to link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By popular vote the DX200:

============

AMP2 specifications: Power output per channel.

3.5mm Phone out:
Max Output:3.2Vrms
Frequency response:20Hz-20KHz -0.1dB
SN: 117dB
THD+N:0.00056%,-105dB (32Ω@1.8Vrms), -115dB @3.2V without load.
Crosstalk:-109dB

Line out:
Frequency Response:20Hz-20KHz -0.1dB
SN: 118dB
THD+N:< 0.00018%,-115dB

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 17, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 22,019
OMG. So hyped waiting for its spec. 

The design makes me cry with excitement.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 22,019
I got the DX100 when it first released many years ago, good SQ but junk UI. Hopefully the DX200 will have both good UI and SQ.

As for the look, I will vote for #3 as I need the side buttons to change/pause songs while the DAP is in pocket. And #3 is less similar to AK....

And, yet another AK style DAP....

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #7 of 22,019
Dual Sabre 9018, dual microSD and UI similar to the DX80 will do it for me

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #9 of 22,019
+ a user replacable battery will make me buy it for sure

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #10 of 22,019
  + a user replaceable battery and it it looks like it has, hopefully. Well designs 1 and 3 do.

It does look like it might have a replaceable battery, but if it lasts at least as long as the DX80 its not a deal breaker for me.

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #11 of 22,019
  I got the DX100 when it first released many years ago, good SQ but junk UI. Hopefully the DX200 will have both good UI and SQ.

As for the look, I will vote for #3 as I need the side buttons to change/pause songs while the DAP is in pocket. And #3 is less similar to AK....

And, yet another AK style DAP....

Just be thankful they are not copying the FIIO Scroll Wheel......
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back