DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 10, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #13,412 of 22,021
These special versions that only two people get to buy for 10.000 bucks are a lousy business practice. Don't call them dx200, it just pisses off dx200 clients. Give them other names, cool mythologicial names or whatever. Put some imaginaton into it. They don't have the same components inside as the dx200 anyway, you can't get a night and day improvement without adding tuning and component upgades.

Since I didn't want this to become that conversation. Here's what I came to say.

Amp 4 is much better than amp 4s. If you can't tell the detail and soundstage difference, or think it's negligible, then you don't have sensitive enough equipment. With the u18 tzar the amp4 is absolutely night and day more detailed. The soundstage is huuuuge. Truly mindboggling stuff that makes you feel like your head is twice the size it usually is. (Impossible to explain if you haven't heard it). Amp 4s is a nice mainstream bassy sound with a round soundstage and good, but not great detail. An improved amp3. Also, amp4s does not have deeper soundstage than amp4. Amp4 is more holographic in every way. Better width and depth. I've done side by side comparisons with the u18 these past days and it has made me respect the amp4 even more than I used to. The dx200 with amp4 is an absolute end game greatest ever contender for portable audio. It doesn't need unobtanium-plated special editions, it needs another batch of amp 4, the original version.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #13,413 of 22,021
These special versions that only two people get to buy for 10.000 bucks are a lousy business practice. Don't call them dx200, it just pisses off dx200 clients. Give them other names, cool mythologicial names or whatever. Put some imaginaton into it. They don't have the same components inside as the dx200 anyway, you can't get a night and day improvement without adding tuning and component upgades.

Since I didn't want this to become that conversation. Here's what I came to say.

Amp 4 is much better than amp 4s. If you can't tell the detail and soundstage difference, or think it's negligible, then you don't have sensitive enough equipment. With the u18 tzar the amp4 is absolutely night and day more detailed. The soundstage is huuuuge. Truly mindboggling stuff that makes you feel like your head is twice the size it usually is. (Impossible to explain if you haven't heard it). Amp 4s is a nice mainstream bassy sound with a round soundstage and good, but not great detail. An improved amp3. Also, amp4s does not have deeper soundstage than amp4. Amp4 is more holographic in every way. Better width and depth. I've done side by side comparisons with the u18 these past days and it has made me respect the amp4 even more than I used to. The dx200 with amp4 is an absolute end game greatest ever contender for portable audio. It doesn't need unobtanium-plated special editions, it needs another batch of amp 4, the original version.

What? $10,000 for a DX200 Ti.?That is insane.

May 10, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #13,414 of 22,021

Now you did say the truth about amp4 vs amp4s already. Inconvenient Truth I know...

May 10, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #13,415 of 22,021
May 10, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #13,416 of 22,021
What? $10,000 for a DX200 Ti.?That is insane.

No It could be just around 3000 buck.

Cu DX200 is primarily set price at 20000 'Yuan' so it should be similar.

May 10, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #13,418 of 22,021
The IT04's sound AMAZING with the DX200...in any configuration. Period.
:)

May 10, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #13,420 of 22,021
The IT04's sound AMAZING with the DX200...in any configuration. Period.

I am patiently waiting to see for myself. In the meantime, I've decided to try DX200>AMP4S>CB12S>W40... I expect it'll be a tad warm compared to the IT03.

May 10, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #13,421 of 22,021
Looks like Lurker has done some battery optimization in their FW. I will go home tonight and flash this Lurker FW and check it out.

I found out I could only flash the FW in a 32bit mode of Win10 but not be able to do so in 64bit of Win10. but anyway, its done and I will check on the battery life and other performance. Just one question, there is another player inside and whats the difference between the default player from DX200 and this new one? will it sound different? thanks

May 10, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #13,423 of 22,021
I found out I could only flash the FW in a 32bit mode of Win10 but not be able to do so in 64bit of Win10. but anyway, its done and I will check on the battery life and other performance. Just one question, there is another player inside and whats the difference between the default player from DX200 and this new one? will it sound different? thanks

To my ears I heard differently and the sound is better when installing Lurker0 then Lurker1. Others said they are just different favors.

May 11, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #13,425 of 22,021
Hello gents, i have a question regarding the type of connexion i should use. I don't want to start the debate again but from a battery stand point, which would consume both on the sender's end. If i use the DX with the mojo via USB im guessing it would drain more or is that all the same?also i read some topics on sound quqlity and looks like it depends on the implementation and the used circuits, so how good is the coax/spdif compared to USB as i have to purchase either before receiving my DX200 by month end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back