DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 22, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #10,816 of 22,021
Something has killed my battery. I got 50% drop in Mango mode in a span of 30 minutes. Should I try a factory reset or request a new battery? I swear it wasn't like this before the firmware update... It seems to be only when I'm using the screen. It'll last otherwise.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #10,817 of 22,021
Something has killed my battery. I got 50% drop in Mango mode in a span of 30 minutes. Should I try a factory reset or request a new battery? I swear it wasn't like this before the firmware update... It seems to be only when I'm using the screen. It'll last otherwise.

yikes thats nasty..yeah try a factory reset or maybe there is a rouge app that is running havoc in the background..what did you install last?

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #10,818 of 22,021
I haven't installed an app in over 6 months, and it was Spotify. I'll try a Factory Reset.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #10,820 of 22,021
I had the same thing happen when I first got my DX200. Changing to low gain fixed it for me.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #10,821 of 22,021
I had the same thing happen when I first got my DX200. Changing to low gain fixed it for me.

I'm usually in low gain though - for both car and work. I only use high gain with my Z1R at home. This is also with any amp module (been using AMP 4 and 5 LO lately).

I'll wait until I get a full charge, then Factory Reset tonight. I'll report tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #10,822 of 22,021
@rick81 Listening to the LCD-2s right now with the AMP1 in high gain. They are OK together. The music isn't as controlled as I would like. The AMP1 drives the LCD-2 but not really well in my opinion. I was listening to Hello by Adele and that sounded flabby and I didn't hear really good separation of instruments.

I'm listening to Taboo by Skinny Hightower and Andrew Hawkley now. Much butter sounding but still not as controlled as it should be. So not a terrible pairing but you can do better.

I have the AMP3 but I don't have an adapter for 2.5mm TRRS for my LCD-2 cable. The AMP3 may do better with the LCD-2.

When I'm using the LCD2's I use a C&C BH Amp with the DX200, that little amp has brought every single headphone I've had to life. I still have to try AMP4 though. I have 1,2,5...none of them alone was able to push my can's to my liking.

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #10,823 of 22,021
When I'm using the LCD2's I use a C&C BH Amp with the DX200, that little amp has brought every single headphone I've had to life. I still have to try AMP4 though. I have 1,2,5...none of them alone was able to push my can's to my liking.

I have that amp, powerful little critter that. Haven't used it in ages thou, probably 2 years sitting in my drawer untouched, guess what? turned it on..green light!!! amazing! i will give it a listen tomorrow

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #10,824 of 22,021
Don't wipe your computer. It may be that the uninstaller isn't getting rid of all the pieces of the DAC driver. Get a software like Revo Uninstaller and you can then make sure your uninstall is complete. Also uninstall any other USB DAC drivers you have on your computer, sometimes drivers conflict. One you've cleaned all the junk off you should be ready to go. Good luck!

Correct, also try updating/reinstalling the chipset drivers. You might also try uninstalling the USB controllers booting in Safe Mode.

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #10,825 of 22,021
I have that amp, powerful little critter that. Haven't used it in ages thou, probably 2 years sitting in my drawer untouched, guess what? turned it on..green light!!! amazing! i will give it a listen tomorrow

I have that amp too; my second amp purchase ever (after a Fiio E11).

Paired it with a Colorfly C3 and a pair of Audeo Phonak IEM's.. my first audiophile setup :D

I still have the amp, and it still works, but I only ever imagined it would have a negative effect on the DX200's sound if I linked them together..
Don't get me wrong, I did like the C&C BH 2 amp, but I imagine that adding it to the DX200 would be like linking a Lamborghini up to a caravan :p
(DX200 = Lamborghini in this analogy. Just to be clear) :wink:
I think what iBasso have done with their AMP units is fantastic. If you haven't already, I'd certainly suggest trying those headphones with AMP3 or AMP5; I'd imagine they do have more than enough 'juice' for most products?

On the other hand, if you do find the C&C amp to pair well with the DX200, do let me know; I'm open to new things :)
As a brief aside, I wonder if anyone ever *has* hooked up a caravan to a Lamborghini? I'm off to search Google images :D

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #10,826 of 22,021
As a brief aside, I wonder if anyone ever *has* hooked up a caravan to a Lamborghini? I'm off to search Google images :D

Well, who would've thought it? It's a crazy world out there :D
Caravan & Lamborghini.jpg

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #10,827 of 22,021
I have that amp too; my second amp purchase ever (after a Fiio E11).

Paired it with a Colorfly C3 and a pair of Audeo Phonak IEM's.. my first audiophile setup :D

I still have the amp, and it still works, but I only ever imagined it would have a negative effect on the DX200's sound if I linked them together..
Don't get me wrong, I did like the C&C BH 2 amp, but I imagine that adding it to the DX200 would be like linking a Lamborghini up to a caravan :p
(DX200 = Lamborghini in this analogy. Just to be clear) :wink:
I think what iBasso have done with their AMP units is fantastic. If you haven't already, I'd certainly suggest trying those headphones with AMP3 or AMP5; I'd imagine they do have more than enough 'juice' for most products?

On the other hand, if you do find the C&C amp to pair well with the DX200, do let me know; I'm open to new things :)

Trust me, try the C&C...you won't believe your ears. No joke.

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #10,828 of 22,021
While on the go the IT03 IEMs with CB12 pair perfectly with DX200.
At office I've got Fostex TH900 mk2 for my DX200 and they sound really well with the AMP1's 3,5mm phone out.
A bit sad is that AMP4 doesn't have line out option so I cannot pair AMP4 with them easily. What my retailer suggested is an ugly set of adapters 4,4->2,5 + 2,5->XLR + stock XLR cable for TH900 which I'm afraid may ruin the sound.

Can you explain the use of line out? What is the difference with balance and unbalanced out?

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #10,829 of 22,021
I have received AMP5 today and I must say... It's so good I am even wondering if AMP4 will top it in terms of synergy, I have a hard time imagining it... AMP5 + LCD i4 is just... endgame wow...

I have found where to source AMP4 from. @davidmolliere David, n'écoute pas le AMP4, tu vas être déçu ...

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #10,830 of 22,021
Please try a factory reset. If that does not help the issue then reload the firmware and as the last option use the Batch Tool on the 1st page. It wipes the internal memory and does a clean install of a .img FW and then update to the latest FW in the normal manner. Please let me know if the issue persists.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back