DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 15, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #8,611 of 22,021
We are working on getting it ready for sale. The box is done but that isn't hard since we use the same type for each amp :). What we want is to make sure it lives up to expectations and for that we leave no capacitor, resistor or op amp untried. Well almost but the combinations we try and test is vast. Regardless of price we try many. Surprisingly some of the most expensive caps are not easy to work with and can vary in sound day to day. Even with correct forming they change. We work to get you the best sound we can.

That is awesome statement there Paul!

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #8,612 of 22,021
A question @Paul, My screen was cracked yesterday (my dx200 still works well though), is it possible to buy the screen directly from ibasso ?, since I bought dx200 outside my country, it is a bit difficult to ask the distributor in my country to help.

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #8,613 of 22,021
Roon has apps for both iOS and Android. The Android app should also support the endpoint functionality (not supported by the iOS version unless you workaround with Peng). The endpoint functionality allows to play music directly on the mobile device (vs. working as a remote only). I have the Roon lifetime subscription...so that is not an issue. I am just curious to know if I can turn the dx200 into a Roon endpoint.

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #8,614 of 22,021
Roon has apps for both iOS and Android. The Android app should also support the endpoint functionality (not supported by the iOS version unless you workaround with Peng). The endpoint functionality allows to play music directly on the mobile device (vs. working as a remote only). I have the Roon lifetime subscription...so that is not an issue. I am just curious to know if I can turn the dx200 into a Roon endpoint.

From reading on the Roon forums, what you want to do should work fine. You just need to install the Roon app on your DX200. You may be limited to the output formats and resolution that you can play with Roon though.

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #8,615 of 22,021
From reading on the Roon forums, what you want to do should work fine. You just need to install the Roon app on your DX200. You may be limited to the output formats and resolution that you can play with Roon though.
FAQ: What Android devices can I use Roon with?
Roon can run on many ARM or x86 based Android tablets and phones running 4.4 and higher.

Android devices that are at least 8 inches run the full Roon interface. Tablets smaller than 8 inches run an interface designed for smaller screens and phones.

We can't test Roon on every Android device out there, so the following list shouldn't be taken as an endorsement of any specific device's support or performance.

Tablets
The only Android tablet we regularly use within our company is the Google Nexus 9. We've heard from users that they are successfully running Roon on:

• Google Nexus 9 (Recommended)
  • Google Nexus 10
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition
  • Sony Xperia Z4
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5'' T800
  • Sony Xperia z1
  • Samsung Galaxy Pro
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A
  • Samsung SM-P600
Not currently recommended/supported:

• Samsung Tab 3 (7.0, Lite 7.0)
Phones
The only Android phone we regularly use within our company is the Google Nexus 6p. We've heard from users that they are successfully running Roon on:

• Google Nexus 6p (Recommended)
  • Google Nexus 6
  • Google Nexus 5
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
  • Motorola Moto G

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #8,616 of 22,021
We are working on getting it ready for sale. The box is done but that isn't hard since we use the same type for each amp :). What we want is to make sure it lives up to expectations and for that we leave no capacitor, resistor or op amp untried. Well almost but the combinations we try and test is vast. Regardless of price we try many. Surprisingly some of the most expensive caps are not easy to work with and can vary in sound day to day. Even with correct forming they change. We work to get you the best sound we can.

Paul, why does it only say "Reference DAP" on the AMP1 module and not on the others? I know the modules won't make the DX200 any less reference, but it's just an inconsistency I noticed.

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #8,617 of 22,021
Paul, why does it only say "Reference DAP" on the AMP1 module and not on the others? I know the modules won't make the DX200 any less reference, but it's just an inconsistency I noticed.
Please look more carefully. It says it on all of them. :relaxed:

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 15, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #8,621 of 22,021

My AMP3 has this on it...

20170915_140327.jpg

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #8,622 of 22,021

Mean you left no rooms for modding initiatives :blush:

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #8,623 of 22,021
A question @Paul, My screen was cracked yesterday (my dx200 still works well though), is it possible to buy the screen directly from ibasso ?, since I bought dx200 outside my country, it is a bit difficult to ask the distributor in my country to help.

You can email to paul@ibasso.com as this is a faster communication method. Then he will guide the best solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back