DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 21, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #2,762 of 22,021
  As there is no Playstore I think it would be useful if DX200 comes with Tidal and Spotify preinstalled. Any plans for that in later batches iBasso?

Also can anybody please tell me if I need an Android File Transfer or does DX200 acts like ordinary hard drive? I'm a Mac user. And does DX200 supports gappless play? Flawlessly?

Last question, firmware updates are done over wi-fi right?

Thanks

I requires the permission to preinstall apps.

For Mac the Android File Transfer is required. It works well.

In the future the updates will be by WiFi but current updates are by micro SD card.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 21, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #2,763 of 22,021

I requires the permission to preinstall apps.

For Mac the Android File Transfer is required. It works well.

In the future the updates will be by WiFi but current updates are by micro SD card.

Thank you Paul for your kind reply.

Not sure if I get the first point right though. You mean apps need permission to preinstall but you don't have it right? And never will have?

I don't mind Android File Transfer but let's face it, external disc mode is far more convenient. I know that most DAPs need AFT on Mac but I had X7 (also Android device) and it worked like external disc which was nice. On the other hand AK DAPs need AFT as well. Strange...

Hope WiFi updates will be here soon.

I'm gonna buy DX200 anyway as soon as it hits my country :)

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #2,767 of 22,021
Please enlighten me then, when I look the service menu sequence was not available or else you mean get a jp version?

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #2,769 of 22,021
Please enlighten me then, when I look the service menu sequence was not available or else you mean get a jp version?

There is a program that you can use on a Windows computer that will get rid of the volume cap. It is software implemented not hardware. A workaround was found and the link is on the Sony thread for the WM1A. You will not find this from Sony but in the thread. As a manufacture they can not recommend this or even suggest it. I am not recommending it but referring to what users have said.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 21, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #2,770 of 22,021
  Thank you Paul for your kind reply.

Not sure if I get the first point right though. You mean apps need permission to preinstall but you don't have it right? And never will have?

I don't mind Android File Transfer but let's face it, external disc mode is far more convenient. I know that most DAPs need AFT on Mac but I had X7 (also Android device) and it worked like external disc which was nice. On the other hand AK DAPs need AFT as well. Strange...

Hope WiFi updates will be here soon.

I'm gonna buy DX200 anyway as soon as it hits my country :)

Ohhh Kay....in a nutshell....

No. Just no. They won't install Tidal for you. They are a DAP manufacturer that makes these for the general public. While Tidal and whatever other streaming services that are app based may be popular to some, I would say not to the majority of the typical owner. Therefore, why should the manufacturer invest the time and possibly money on getting "permission" from a third party? Why involve that third party in their creation at all? 

Why? A small percentage of users who want something extraneous to the unit doesn't necessitate their taking action to provide it. 

Besides, we all know that eventually, someone will manage to get Google Play Store working on it and then guess what!?!

You can install Tidal yourself! Yaaay...

Is that clear enough?

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #2,771 of 22,021
@tangents Thanks !

Forgive me for missing this on the hundred pages thread :wink:

There is a program that you can use on a Windows computer that will get rid of the volume cap. It is software implemented not hardware. A workaround was found and the link is on the Sony thread for the WM1A. You will not find this from Sony but in the thread. As a manufacture they can not recommend this or even suggest it. I am not recommending it but referring to what users have said.

Ok thanks I am aware of rockbox but I wouldn't do that and I am running a Mac and I don't intend to build a VM for this :p.

I am not gonna risk brick such a pricey DAP, don't care much about volume cap anyway I don't have IEM or headphones that are hard to drive and I'll probably sell the WM1A when I get the DX200 (I really can't justify owning several TOTL DAPs :p)

People keep telling him but he doesn't get it :grin:

I don't get it but did you get this : https://goo.gl/Zw8m8Q
Service Manual for 1Z an 1A

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #2,772 of 22,021
Forgive me for missing this on the hundred pages thread
wink.gif

Ok thanks I am aware of rockbox but I wouldn't do that and I am running a Mac and I don't intend to build a VM for this :p.

I am not gonna risk brick such a pricey DAP, don't care much about volume cap anyway I don't have IEM or headphones that are hard to drive and I'll probably sell the WM1A when I get the DX200 (I really can't justify owning several TOTL DAPs :p)

David, if you can get yourself in front of a PC for 10 minutes I can walk you through it. It really is shockingly simple. It's just a region code change.

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #2,773 of 22,021

David, if you can get yourself in front of a PC for 10 minutes I can walk you through it. It really is shockingly simple. It's just a region code change.

Thanks!
But I won't need this as I'll get DX200 and as I said I can't justify owning both :p

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #2,775 of 22,021
David- hopefully DX200 will end up being a better music player then your walkman.You will be very happy and everyone else more or less.And for not wanting to unlock the volume cap even after Crafty was willing to help you....well...start selling it now then:grin:

Hey I welcome the help of course!

Bear with me for letting the future owner do it or if I really prefer the WM1A I'll move forward :)

This being said WM1A is the first DAP I own that doesn't have streaming, granted the SQ is beyond my expectations and maybe the endgame but the way I am now used to browse sync music and the economic model of streaming is just too much of a must have for me to drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back