- Nov 6, 2004
I know that it trickle charges but I don't keep anything plugged in all the time. I have found it will cause a battery to last a shorter period of time. I have some batteries that are 10 years old but leave them stored at around 80% (a guess on % but it works) and I don't just keep something on charge all the time as I have found it shortens the battery life. I think any battery can go. I mentioned the iPhone and it went through 2 batteries as my wife keeps hers plugged in all the time, even though I ask her to take it off the charger at times. :^)Thanks! Is keeping it plugged in permanently a problem or are the batteries just known to die like this? I haven't had cellphone batteries swell on me when dying before, they just sort of...stop holding a charge, gradually.