DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 17, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #20,313 of 22,021
I dont use ext dac. But during the dsd play from one song to another, it has a cracking sound especially uapp, is that normal?
Yes, I get that in UAPP but not in Neutron. However, Neutron now crashes randomly and sends a loud pop to the headphone.

I don’t know how to use dx200 as external USB DAC with any of those, what did you do ? In use external DAC with Mango, and it works beautifully

Just connect DX200Ti using USB to an external DAC that has USB input and use 3rd-Party apps (UAPP, Neutron, Hiby , etc). This used to be the only way to bypass Anroid audio stack in the old Android devices and play bit perfect.

In my case I just want to use DX200 as a digital source plugged-in to my SMSL SU-8/THX 789 desktop stack. I have a Samsung note8 and all the above apps work perfectly using the same setup

Jan 18, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #20,314 of 22,021
Yes, I get that in UAPP but not in Neutron. However, Neutron now crashes randomly and sends a loud pop to the headphone.

Just connect DX200Ti using USB to an external DAC that has USB input and use 3rd-Party apps (UAPP, Neutron, Hiby , etc). This used to be the only way to bypass Anroid audio stack in the old Android devices and play bit perfect.

In my case I just want to use DX200 as a digital source plugged-in to my SMSL SU-8/THX 789 desktop stack. I have a Samsung note8 and all the above apps work perfectly using the same setup

Yes, the new firmware has pop-clicks when switching DSD files, kinda ears popping :frowning2:. Ibasso will need to fix it ASAP

Please, @Paul - iBasso

I have not been so successfully doing Digital out from Dx200 into an external DAC with a satisfying performances yet. However, I would rather use Dx200 as External DAC to connect to my PC :)

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #20,315 of 22,021
Yes, the new firmware has pop-clicks when switching DSD files, kinda ears popping :frowning2:. Ibasso will need to fix it ASAP

Please, @Paul - iBasso

I have not been so successfully doing Digital out from Dx200 into an external DAC with a satisfying performances yet. However, I would rather use Dx200 as External DAC to connect to my PC :)
Thank you. We are checking this out.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 18, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #20,316 of 22,021

Please, @Paul - iBasso

Ha! now you understand me. :)

Jan 18, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #20,317 of 22,021
The Colorfly use a proprietary chip Colorfly A Alpha, not ES9038
As far as one could find out from what has been said about alpha : it is a custom es9018k2m with their own filter like every other colorfly alpha before u8.

Jan 18, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #20,318 of 22,021
As far as one could find out from what has been said about alpha : it is a custom es9018k2m with their own filter like every other colorfly alpha before u8.

That makes more sense as to why they hide an entry level dac model behind the alpha branding. If correct, they then have the cheek to charge more than the DX200 thats using 2 x highend es9028pro. Youve probably saved my £900 of intrigue on the U8 :L3000:

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #20,319 of 22,021
That makes more sense as to why they hide an entry level dac model behind the alpha branding. If correct, they then have the cheek to charge more than the DX200 thats using 2 x highend es9028pro. Youve probably saved my £900 of intrigue on the U8 :L3000:
Till I got ibasso dx200 used to have x7mk2 and still have my vibex3. So can give my two cents on the issue of using different components.
It will definitely sound better than Fiio x7/x7 mk2. Where my lenovo vibex3 with its 9018k2m dac sounds a lot better than either of these daps from fiio. Those are perfect examples of high end dac let down by engineers and general lack of know how of how music should actually sound. Or in lenovo's case it is built by people who know how music is supposed to sound and how to get the hardware they are using sound the best. Keep an open mind in such cases.
Ibasso did a fantastic job with dx200 it is my end game dap. I would chose it over any other dap up to 1,5k and I did chose it. Could not be more happy with it.

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #20,321 of 22,021
so, today I have just tested the DX200Titanium as a USB Digital out source

It is then connected to my ES9038Pro dual with upgraded OCXO oscilliators and other stuffs, the LKS004 DAC, which has always been a pretty good performer, and just as well as Dx200, it is punching ways beyond it price.

Now, the result is still again pretty disappointing, I am not sure if I had done anything wrong, but again I never been able to successfully use Dx200 as a USB Digital out source. There are glitches everywhere.

1/ timing glitches, there are clear distortions and lags in sound performances that can be observed. This newest firmware improved it somewhat, it no longer stuttering, but losses of details is very negative

2/ in order to run it as USB digital source out, one will have to have a correct cables

3/ even a desktop DAC as my LKS004, using Amanero module, it is sucky, and it is ugly. I clearly prefer the Xmos U208 on the Dx200 itself. I can get into details if needed

4/ There really is no need to connect Dx200 as a Digital out source to your desktop DAC, it is just Ugh.....No...The Dx200 itself is already on a pretty high quality performer even if you are using line out from any of it amp modules

5/ the only thing worthy is connecting Dx200 via SPDIF out into your Desktop DAC which is limited at DOP64x or 192Khz PCM. It can be deemed as a very high quality sources, and I can get into details if needed

**after all, I just want to say**, USB digital out feature on the Dx200 has always been a negative point about this player, which I don’t need, so I careless.

Another reason why I careless is because Dx200 can perform toes to toes with my desktop DAC, the upgraded LKS004 without issues. It has always been only slightly behind and not by the whole lot....certainly not worth the money and technical details that I invested in for it to be that much. DX200Titanium can totally replace my sources with only a slight compromises

Not only that it performances can be observed that way, but technically there are reasons, and I can also get into details. I just don’t want to write a whole pages long explainations here that could bring you confusion and headaches.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #20,322 of 22,021
My take on the AMP7. Enjoy! :)

photo_2019-01-15_23-03-46.jpg

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #20,324 of 22,021
I have Empyrean with 2,5mm cable.
Is the amp8 with cl02 adapter the best amp for the Empyrean and other full sized headphones? Or amp3?
I also have the Empyrean and waiting for my balanced cables to arrive. I like AMP8 but sometimes it can be too bassy for me (Andromedas). Overall I prefer AMP4 for most of my headphones, but still can't tell for the Empyreans till my cables arrive.
Which pads do you prefer on the Empyrean?

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #20,325 of 22,021

Can you take a picture of how you set it up this way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back