DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 30, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #15,917 of 22,021
Trying to love the dx200 (amp 1/amp4s)
But just not feeling it. Doesn't have the refinement and resolution like mojo does for example. Dx200 has the bass, but not in Slam...just in quantity.

To me it's sounds like chifi... A nicer chifi...as nice as chifi can get.

I love the player, it's look, it's modularity, it's UI. Tidal offline!! (main reason for getting this)...

Idk just doesn't sound near as good as the Mojo for example
I feel it wins over ak70(2) and ak kann and over the wm1a in certain aspects.

I've listened about 20 hrs so far and got adjusted to its sound. I feel like resolution is far far from the dx200.

With too many amps to choose it feels a little exhausting... Unfortunately I might have to sell.
I like amp4s over the amp1 but I haven't had the chance to listen to any other amps. But with 8 or so out there I feel as if ibasso couldn't still get it right! But maybe I'm ignorant. Just wanted high resolution sound, and amp1 or amp4s do not have it.

I think amp8 suits more with your preference.
After listening to DX200 with 4 different amps I just let my Mojo catching dust too. I might have to put on sale to save money for DX200 Ti whenever it is available one day. :L3000:

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #15,918 of 22,021
I think amp8 suits more with your preference.
After listening to DX200 with 4 different amps I just let my Mojo catching dust too. I might have to put on sale to save money for DX200 Ti whenever it is available one day. :L3000:

How is amp8 differ from amp4s in sound?

Jul 30, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #15,920 of 22,021
Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #15,921 of 22,021
Glad you like it .... to those who are looking for a DX200Ti, there may be some stocks available ... PM me and I see if I can help to secure one or two.

Id like the copper one :)

Jul 30, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #15,924 of 22,021
the Gold Cu version? that is even more rare than the TI ones...possibly only 2nd hand unit available lol.

Gold and copper? My precious ;p that most sound so incredible.

Jul 30, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #15,925 of 22,021
Gold and copper? My precious ;p that most sound so incredible.

not sure if it sound so incredible but it does look stunning to those who own it :ksc75smile:

WechatIMG631.jpeg WechatIMG632.jpeg WechatIMG633.jpeg WechatIMG634.jpeg WechatIMG635.jpeg

Jul 30, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #15,928 of 22,021
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #15,929 of 22,021
After listening to DX200 with 4 different amps I just let my Mojo catching dust too.

Mine too, and I never got to sell it but it sure would make sense.
I think it also depends the gear, I could see Mojo being a better source for more analytical / brighter gear but for organic and warmer gear DX200 is just as good as it gets for me

Back on the Ti : I have spent several hours with it yesterday and I must say... happy camper :)
I like the fact the Ti doesn’t get as hot, that’s a very palpable aspect of the casing.

AMP1 Ti is lean and clean while remaining very musical. It has great sub bass extension, and the bass is very clean and articulate. You loose some slam as mid bass are not as elevated as the other amps but that can be interesting too. I like the pairing with the Phantom, it looses some body but gain a lot of air and the treble is very refined. Lower mids are leaner while upper mids are crisp and make for very articulate mids as well. I probably couldn’t listen to AMP1 Ti with a more neutral IEM, even the VE8 was a less pleasing experience than the Phantom but still an interesting option to have.

But AMP8 + DX200 Ti is where my mind was simply blown away. This was already something with the DX200, but it’s like everything is just a tad better and just enough to cross a threshold that make everything just vividly pop! It’s not like you wouldn’t recognize DX200 it’s the same signature. To me DX200 Ti is to DX200 what AMP8 is to AMP4.Rather than soundstage, bass or treble extension, transparency and clarity I find the main things that make the difference is dynamics, layering and texture. There is a realism and naturalness to the music that make you forget the gear...

AMP8 gets you this, DX200 Ti gets you even more of this. Yesterday I had a moment where things went “pop”, like I was just there, in the music with no soundstage dimensions and eerie “ahah” moments where I was convinced the sound was out of the IEM (heck, I checked by taking it out on one side!). The textures felt so real, the depth and a continuum of infinite layers of sound... I sound like I am under the influence but other than coffee this morning I am not :wink: DX208 Ti is like a drug though, it's such a high...

I have had heated arguments over this on a French forum where people were mocking the Ti but components do matter, it’s very clear!

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #15,930 of 22,021
It is definitely more dynamic, I just don't hear any resolving.
With Zeus-XR or with friends u18, fourte

To each of his own. I have been through DAPs, even Mojo, and plethora of other gears. Whatever I have now, should say a lot. But anyways, synergies and personal preferences play a huge roles in this hobby. I hope you find the upgrades you are looking for. Enjoy the music

Resolving ability, dx200 is easily outperforming the Mojo. I think what you want here is the “warmth” that Mojo has, and the Dynamic both together. Dx200 is very resolving but is also tuned to be toward references and neutral (Ibasso house sound), amp4s has enough power and dynamic range to outperform many things and amp8 is beyond that. If what I said is true, your best bet would be WM1Z. But then, you won’t be able to stream anything. The much safer bet is to stay with Chord as you like their signatures, get Hugo2 or so ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back