DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 26, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #15,709 of 22,021
I've had dx200 for a few hours....

RF noise at times (noticeable in quiet passages)

Laggy Tidal, typing or searching in Tidal makes it feel like dx200 has 5mb of ram to work with...

Sound is ok out of amp1. Decent, amp 1 does not beat mojo in my opinion, but I got amp4s to try, waiting on a 4.4mm cable.

Version. 2.8.198
Hiss is decent but quieter than mojo.
Ui is quick and capable (except Tidal)

When I change songs in Tidal, the dx200 clicks and pops between tracks...

I have to give it more time but so far its a sub par experience. If Tidal worked fine I can live with it, but I'm allready looking to upgrade or at least side grade... Idk, so far does not best MojoPoly, sound wise anyway, but amp1 is outdated right? So I can't judge that.

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #15,710 of 22,021
I've had dx200 for a few hours....

RF noise at times (noticeable in quiet passages)

Laggy Tidal, typing or searching in Tidal makes it feel like dx200 has 5mb of ram to work with...

Sound is ok out of amp1. Decent, amp 1 does not beat mojo in my opinion, but I got amp4s to try, waiting on a 4.4mm cable.

Version. 2.8.198
Hiss is decent but quieter than mojo.
Ui is quick and capable (except Tidal)

When I change songs in Tidal, the dx200 clicks and pops between tracks...

I have to give it more time but so far its a sub par experience. If Tidal worked fine I can live with it, but I'm allready looking to upgrade or at least side grade... Idk, so far does not best MojoPoly, sound wise anyway, but amp1 is outdated right? So I can't judge that.
Is your WiFi connection 5ghz? If not you will hear static/lag/noise.

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #15,713 of 22,021
When using Tidal, I hear a mild RF noise.... Oh man.. This is a bummer for me..... I thought no RF noise...
Did you get the DX200 new or used? I would do a factory reset. I don't get any RF noise but have found that reset can clear up problems. I also have the Mojo and with a burned in AMP1 find the DX200 different but an equal and in some areas a little better. With AMP8 it totally pulls away and with AMP4s, a number of areas I prefer the DX200 in.

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #15,715 of 22,021
Did you get the DX200 new or used? I would do a factory reset. I don't get any RF noise but have found that reset can clear up problems. I also have the Mojo and with a burned in AMP1 find the DX200 different but an equal and in some areas a little better. With AMP8 it totally pulls away and with AMP4s, a number of areas I prefer the DX200 in.

Got it used, but switching to 5g helped a lot, at times a small static.

But why is Tidal so so so slow.... Also couldn't figure out how to do lurker fw. I wish I could put the lurker fw on. Sd card and load that way

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #15,716 of 22,021
Got it used, but switching to 5g helped a lot, at times a small static.

But why is Tidal so so so slow.... Also couldn't figure out how to do lurker fw. I wish I could put the lurker fw on. Sd card and load that way
I would do a factory reset anyway. I loaded Lurker's FW with the Batch Tool.

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #15,717 of 22,021
AMP4 and AMP4S are definitely ahead of AMP1 (which itself is no dummy). With AMP4 & AMP4s I don't hear any sound quality difference with Chord Hugo 1.

But when Chord Hugo 1 is paired with AK120ii optical out, that pairing is real magic. In that combo, it edges ahead of DX200 by a slight margin. But the two is bulky and an heavier option to dx200 by itself.

I don't miss out on anything just going with DX200. And native DSD512 playback from DX200 is a very good bonus.

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #15,720 of 22,021
Was thinking of getting dx200 using mainly tidal offline is it really that slow ?

I love the desktop service, but the Tidal mobile app, on the DX200 is VERY slow through wifi. I actually download everything and then use it that way. I would recommend trying to use USB Audio Player Pro as you tidal "streaming" app. Its must faster, imo (no offline mode through UAPP unfortunately).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back