DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 16, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #15,076 of 22,021
Titanium is not only expensive, but the milling cnc process is also very expensive. The titanium on Dx200Ti is High-grade Pure Titanium, which is not your typical Titanium low-grade or alloy...so...

I've sold Senn HD800 and B&W P7 recently, and am now using DAPs with lounge hifi, bedroom, garden, car.......... my excuse anyway!

And I've been waiting for a DX200 since listening with Jamato and Layman at last year's London Canjam. Sounded good then with iBasso balanced cable and my 846s. Also liked Amp1.

You gotta listen to Native DSD512 on the Dx200. I tried it on my LKS-004 which has dual Es9038Pro, and the improvements were there but only 15% or 20% than PCM.

However, on the Dx200, the improvements are Vast....like a transformations of the player ^_^. But ofcourse, it is so Vastly improved that i believe no one would need A/B critical listening to observe. Personal preferences of choices of course

I also tried DSD256 and even PCM 384, but neither of them are worth the time and efforts. DSD512....! I still don’t understand why $3000 players can not do it, so....Dx200Ti is still cheap

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #15,077 of 22,021
Titanium is not only expensive, but the milling cnc process is also very expensive. The titanium on Dx200Ti is High-grade Pure Titanium, which is not your typical Titanium low-grade or alloy...so...

You gotta listen to Native DSD512 on the Dx200. I tried it on my LKS-004 which has dual Es9038Pro, and the improvements were there but only 15% or 20% than PCM.

However, on the Dx200, the improvements are Vast....like a transformations of the player ^_^. But ofcourse, it is so Vastly improved that i believe no one would need A/B critical listening to observe. Personal preferences of choices of course

I also tried DSD256 and even PCM 384, but neither of them are worth the time and efforts. DSD512....! I still don’t understand why $3000 players can not do it, so....Dx200Ti is still cheap

I’m also a fan of Chord and Mr Watts. Whose doctrine is that DSD is bad! But then he’s developed the M-scaler and Blu-2 that upscale 44.1 music to over 700. So keeping an open mind to you claims of DSD512 :wink:

My own observations of commercial available DSD are that the albums are a bit softer and not as good as 192/176 versions.

But if I’ve learned one thing switching from hi-fi to head-fi, until you listen, don’t pre-judge.

Is there free PC software available to try, if so I’ll give it a go.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #15,084 of 22,021
I think I'm going to have to give it a try. Do the files need to be in DSD already?
Nope! Worth it for sure IMO.

On a related note, since each track is over 1GB, 400gb microSD cards are part of the Prime Day sale, just snagged one for $139.99

Jul 16, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #15,087 of 22,021
Yes, free after you pay $20. From Xivero (XiSRC or something I forget exactly).
Lol, that was awesome
I think I'm going to have to give it a try. Do the files need to be in DSD already?

No, any PCM of 16-24/44.1 will do beautifully

I’m also a fan of Chord and Mr Watts. Whose doctrine is that DSD is bad! But then he’s developed the M-scaler and Blu-2 that upscale 44.1 music to over 700. So keeping an open mind to you claims of DSD512.

My own observations of commercial available DSD are that the albums are a bit softer and not as good as 192/176 versions.

But if I’ve learned one thing switching from hi-fi to head-fi, until you listen, don’t pre-judge.

Is there free PC software available to try, if so I’ll give it a go.

Yeah, he always claim whatever get his products to sell :D. No offense, but I really don’t like the way he is doing much.

Anyways, before you try out Xivero, try the free version first and observe it

I just recieved my track # too.

Also received my tracking number # Woaaa

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #15,090 of 22,021
No tracking for me ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back