DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 14, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #13,906 of 22,021
No link, Paul announced it a few pages back :smile_phones:

Waiting waiting and keep waiting......

C56A92C1-8E36-4E7C-BB67-303F59BA0F35.png

Jun 14, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #13,907 of 22,021
So I'm currently using a pair of beyerdynamic t1 headphones, via balanced cable. With the dx200 (amp card 1.)

But because the cans are so power hungry at 600 ohms, I'm trying to find something that can output more power. Something like a new amp card, special cabling (which I've seen being talked about but have no idea what is is) or a new DAP altogether. (Side note: I don't want to add an external portable amp as I only want to be using one device. I don't like the bulkiness and hassle of two devices stuck together)

So any suggestions or advice is appreciated.
The iFi iDSD Micro BL or iCan SE will drive these nicely but you would need a transport like a phone or a DAP. That would give you two boxes so a no go.

I would switch to different headphones like the Mr. Speaker Aeon Flow. They work really well with the DX200 and DX150.

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #13,908 of 22,021
My bad if this has been answered before, but where can I find iBasso daps in Tokyo? I've looked up e-earphones and they only have the DX80 while both Bic Camera and Yodobashi still carry the DX90j model.

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #13,909 of 22,021
My bad if this has been answered before, but where can I find iBasso daps in Tokyo? I've looked up e-earphones and they only have the DX80 while both Bic Camera and Yodobashi still carry the DX90j model.

Did you try contact https://twitter.com/iBasso_Tei

I have seen he provides ibasso product event in Japan before.

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #13,911 of 22,021
They are coming out with the AMP8 that is 4.4. I am anxious for it to show up as it is all discrete!

Hey man!

I don't really understand what 'discrete' means in this context?
What are the likely advantages of this?
And does it give any indication as the the kind of sound signature that we could expect?
Well, no harm to ask :)

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #13,912 of 22,021
Hey man!

I don't really understand what 'discrete' means in this context?
What are the likely advantages of this?
And does it give any indication as the the kind of sound signature that we could expect?
Well, no harm to ask :)

I am not too sure of the sound, but by discrete, I assume it uses individual components such as resistor, capacitors and diode or op-amp instead of integrated components (chip). just hope it uses high tolerance military grade parts and it also opens option to mod the parts to change/improve the sound.

Jun 14, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #13,913 of 22,021
I am not too sure of the sound, but by discrete, I assume it uses individual components such as resistor, capacitors and diode or op-amp instead of integrated components (chip). just hope it uses high tolerance military grade parts and it also opens option to mod the parts to change/improve the sound.

I think it will be like amp 4s wich was a redesing of amp to be better circuitry and connector than amp4. So it will be the best amp with pentaccon.

What I really want is that it also can go lower on to sub bas to, like amp 3.

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #13,914 of 22,021

Hey, thanks for the reply :)
I should clarify I guess; I basically 'get' what discrete means (individual components as opposed to integrated ones).
However, that's pretty much the limit of my knowledge on this topic.

What I'm trying to find out is, what are the (audiophile) benefits traditionally associated with using a discrete setup?
Predictions/wild guesses about how the use of this configuration might cause the AMP7/8 to sound?

It'll give us something to do while we wait :p

Apart from 'enjoying the music' of course, which I am about to go off and do right now :D

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #13,915 of 22,021
Jun 14, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #13,916 of 22,021
Hey folks can some one explain me if there is a google play service by default? Heard some one saying that its missing and to install an app you need to go threw a link?

Can i get the native spotify app or tidal? Does spotify or tidal can have the offeline mode? Like on a phone.

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #13,917 of 22,021
Hey folks can some one explain me if there is a google play service by default? Heard some one saying that its missing and to install an app you need to go threw a link?

MNo, the stock iBasso firmware as installed on the DX200 does not include Google Play and is unlikely to in future firmware updates, however you can sideload Android apps and they will for the most part, work well.

Can i get the native spotify app or tidal? Does spotify or tidal can have the offeline mode? Like on a phone.
No, Google Play or other Play support is not included by default, and is unlikely to be added in the future. One can, however, side-load apps quite easily and most work just fine. However lacking the other parts of the Play environment, your apps will not automatically update and my apps that you have paid for will only be installed as the basic free version.

That said, Lurker0's custom DX200 firmware does include all of the necessary Play Store components and one can download via WiFi anything that can be done using a typical smartphone. That said, in order to install Lurker's excellent firmware, one requires the iBasso batch tool using either a PC or MAC. The most tedious part of the entire process is first installing the required Windows driver that is necessary to run the batch tool. This does only need to be done the first time.

Read carefully the posts on the first page of this long thread for more detailed info on how this works.

It is well worth the time and effort spent for the installation!

Of course there is no requirement to use the batch tool for installation of iBasso's stock firmware updates.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #13,918 of 22,021
No, Google Play or other Play support is not included by default, and is unlikely to be added in the future. One can, however, side-load apps quite easily and most work just fine. However lacking the other parts of the Play environment, your apps will not automatically update and my apps that you have paid for will only be installed as the basic free version.

That said, Lurker0's custom DX200 firmware does include all of the necessary Play Store components and one can download via WiFi anything that can be done using a typical smartphone. That said, in order to install Lurker's excellent firmware, one requires the iBasso batch tool using either a PC or MAC. The most tedious part of the entire process is first installing the required Windows driver that is necessary to run the batch tool. This does only need to be done the first time.

Read carefully the posts on the first page of this long thread for more detailed info on how this works.

It is well worth the time and effort spent for the installation!

Of course there is no requirement to use the batch tool for installation of iBasso's stock firmware updates.

Thanks for the info il go look into this. I really need my spotify app or its a no go for me unfortunately.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #13,919 of 22,021
In my tests, it happens to HD videos only.
Sometimes it's enough to turn display off, then on, and continue playback.

I have no idea how to fix it, and what the cause of it.

Hey lurker does your firmeare use bit perfect output via amp out put?
I need higest quality sound possible that why i considered dx200 but your firmware does it do any bypases or its entirely processed via ibasso dac and amp plus do i lose all the features and settings that ibasso ui offers?
Can we do usb otg output to external dac amp?

Thanks

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #13,920 of 22,021
Hey lurker does your firmeare use bit perfect output via amp out put?
I need higest quality sound possible that why i considered dx200 but your firmware does it do any bypases or its entirely processed via ibasso dac and amp plus do i lose all the features and settings that ibasso ui offers?
Can we do usb otg output to external dac amp?

Thanks
You might consider doing a search for all of Lurker0's posts as he has addressed these questions previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back