DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 21, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #15,436 of 22,021
What are the advantages to lurker's fw? Is it a no brainer to install?

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #15,437 of 22,021
What are the advantages to lurker's fw? Is it a no brainer to install?
No brainer install

Advantage of installing android google market which let you access your account with whatever apps you desires. There are more to it, but I am not a pro Lurker firmware user :). I use mango for my music needs

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #15,439 of 22,021
I've said/typed it before I'll say/type it again:

Burn-in is overrated. Just listen to the thing and grow old together. This is my mantra for every device I acquire. I can never tell on what the sound was like on day one versus what it then sounds like on day two hundred forty seven. Listen and enjoy.

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #15,440 of 22,021
I've said/typed it before I'll say/type it again:

Burn-in is overrated. Just listen to the thing and grow old together. This is my mantra for every device I acquire. I can never tell on what the sound was like on day one versus what it then sounds like on day two hundred forty seven. Listen and enjoy.
I strongly disagree with that as a broad statement. Some gear changes more drastically than others with burn in. Some gear may not change at all. For example the Campfire DD IEMs change a LOT with burn in, some BA IEMs may not. With the former it's a very noticeable change - in a very glaringly obvious way that makes it seem like two different IEMs. And yes I was able to A/B a fully burned in vs a brand new one twice. :L3000:

But again, some gear may indeed have no change at all.

And I do agree that there is no need to avoid listening to anything while burning in - just listen as you go and enjoy the ride.

tenor (5).gif

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #15,441 of 22,021

And I do agree that there is no need to avoid listening to anything while burning in - just listen as you go and enjoy the ride.

Yes. That's the gist of my comment to those sweating out the details. I don't seek out to specifically "burn" in a device. In Audiophileland it's whatever floats people's boats. :)

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #15,442 of 22,021
Yes. That's the gist of my comment to those sweating out the details. I don't seek out to specifically "burn" in a device. In Audiophileland it's whatever floats people's boats. :)
Agreed! :beerchug:

Jul 21, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #15,445 of 22,021
Hi everybody, I'm about to order a DX200 and need advice on how to burn it in properly. I mean, I know how it works, but is it ok to leave it running non-stop for a week? Isn't it dangerous for the item?
I also wanted to buy an extra amp, and was thinking about Amp4 as I read it was probably the best and had the largest soundstage. But it's not available locally and I thought maybe I should get Amp8. And I use Andromeda. What do you guys think about Amp8 against Amp4 and it's pairing with Andromeda? I tried to read the thread and it's a bit overwhelming. I would appreciate any comment, thanks in advance!
I let mine play non stop for 200 hours, charging it as it needed and not on constant charge. As for DX200+Amp 8+ Andromeda, match made in heaven, go for it.
I was at the London CanJam today @Paul - iBasso, lots of people asking to listen to my DX200 especially when they realise I had the Amp8 running. Last year people didn’t even notice the DX200 when I would take it out to test something, but this year, most people recognised it. All who tried it were impressed and remarked how good it sounded. You gotta come next year Ibasso, slightly more people this year compared to last year.
Next year will be on a Friday/Saturday so will have more press presence on the Friday, so next year would be a good year to attend and it will be the fifth year of the London CanJam :smile_phones:

Jul 21, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #15,447 of 22,021
Can’t get enough of your Titanium Dx200 ? How about cares given for something as precious as Pure Titanium on your Dx200 ?

Apply Carnauba Wax on it for a protection coating, for shine, and for better look just like Watches!
Good tip. And if one really, truly loves their DX200/DX200Cu/DX200Ti KY Jelly works a treat, too.

[edit]-typo

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #15,448 of 22,021
Good tip. And if one really, truly loves their DX200/DX200Cu/DX200Ti KY Jelly works a treat, too.

[edit]-typo
It also helps prevent excessive burn during burn in.

Jul 22, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #15,450 of 22,021
Dx200Ti is also sharing the faceplate and screen design of Dx150 instead of the older one on Dx200/Cu. The reason is ?

Cause dx150's design is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back