DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #20,281 of 22,021
Paul said:
The distributor in the US has not ordered the CA04 at this time. We currently have very low stock and will be restocking very soon.

I can live with that and wait patiently. I did find a straight pigtail one on Amazon though.

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #20,282 of 22,021
upload_2019-1-16_12-22-47.png

Wow, I really CAN use the camera!! Who knew.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #20,283 of 22,021
Hey guys,
amp8 arrived
Below how it appears the standard as it arrived me:

So, do I have to change only the orange one with the Nichicon 470uF ?
while the 4 capacitors are the grey one so I have to replace them too with the black one?

PS the tdk absorber could create some problem of heat dissipation?

@EggofSound

Hello

You should first ring AMP 8 and draw out the real sound of AMP 8 and judge MOD.

I felt that the bass of AMP 8 and the natural way of ringing are insufficient.
And I replaced it with Nichicon 470 uF -> KZH 100 uF -> TDK seat.

The heat of the TDK sheet is not a problem.
However, if you paste it all on the DX 200, the noise decreases = I feel that the sound is sinking and liveliness is lost.
I went successfully when stuck on AMP 8.

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #20,285 of 22,021
I'm on the latest FW (both official/add-on) When playing DSD files using 3rd-party players (UAPP, Neutron, Hiby) I hear noise in addition to the music when connected to an external DAC via USB. Anyone else have this problem?

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #20,286 of 22,021
I'm on the latest FW (both official/add-on) When playing DSD files using 3rd-party players (UAPP, Neutron, Hiby) I hear noise in addition to the music when connected to an external DAC via USB. Anyone else have this problem?

I dont use ext dac. But during the dsd play from one song to another, it has a cracking sound especially uapp, is that normal?

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #20,287 of 22,021
I dont use ext dac. But during the dsd play from one song to another, it has a cracking sound especially uapp, is that normal?

Nope, that should not be normal

I don’t know how to use dx200 as external USB DAC with any of those, what did you do ? In use external DAC with Mango, and it works beautifully

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #20,288 of 22,021
So tell me again, is there any reason I can't play music from Dx208 DSD512 while the power cable is connected? I mean three albums before dead battery is,, uhm, extreme.
I would not recommend to charge the player while playing DSD512 natively as the heat is greatly increased and unsafe to the battery life.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #20,289 of 22,021
To my observation, the new firmware for dx200 is improved again upon the trebles spectrum and even more balancing to the whole things. The details are now more vivid and more finesses with better *gentle-bites. It is no longer grainy, but due to the neutral sound signature across the whole spectrum, it may feel a tad bit boring if your preferences is about warmer and fluidity, Fidelizer is the answer. But if you are the person who love listening to neutral signature, airy and metallic trebles, this is just awesome

I also applied @Lurker0 flash to it, and as always, no changes to the sound signature

It is crazy to think how Ibasso is claiming that they don’t intentionally change the sound performances on firmware upgrades....yet, there has been a very very consistent improvements with new firmware being rolled out which coincidentally sticking to Ibasso house sound signature >>>> References >>> Neutral >>> airy trebles from my observation

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #20,290 of 22,021
I would not recommend to charge the player while playing DSD512 natively as the heat is greatly increased and unsafe to the battery life.

Paul’s solution was to charge up the DX200 first to 100% and then keep it plugged in. That way the DX200 doesn’t need to charge and you have a constant power supply.

To my observation, the new firmware for dx200 is improved again upon the trebles spectrum and even more balancing to the whole things. The details are now more vivid and more finesses with better *gentle-bites. It is no longer grainy, but due to the neutral sound signature across the whole spectrum, it may feel a tad bit boring if your preferences is about warmer and fluidity, Fidelizer is the answer. But if you are the person who love listening to neutral signature, airy and metallic trebles, this is just awesome

I also applied @Lurker0 flash to it, and as always, no changes to the sound signature

It is crazy to think how Ibasso is claiming that they don’t intentionally change the sound performances on firmware upgrades....yet, there has been a very very consistent improvements with new firmware being rolled out which coincidentally sticking to Ibasso house sound signature >>>> References >>> Neutral >>> airy trebles from my observation

That sounds fantastic. Did you end up paying for Fidelizer’s upgrade then?

Jan 17, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #20,291 of 22,021
Paul’s solution was to charge up the DX200 first to 100% and then keep it plugged in. That way the DX200 doesn’t need to charge and you have a constant power supply.

That sounds fantastic. Did you end up paying for Fidelizer’s upgrade then?

Ssshhhh...I am holding back :wink: for the moment. I am very open minded, even though I have personal preferences, but all I want is real performances, regardless of what signatures it carry, just so as long as I have my soundstage :D

Jan 17, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #20,295 of 22,021
Hi there, new on this forum I've juste received my DX200 and it's impossible to make an update...
Online update : it says check failed check your network! (wifi is ok and browser works correctly)
OTA update with zip file : It reboot and begin the android update then it stop telling me update aborted and I hate to reboot system...
Do I have to make the update from windows??
If someone can help me :) and sorry for my english...
Update file is DX200 8.1 V1.05

Users who are viewing this thread

Back