DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 14, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #13,921 of 22,021
You might consider doing a search for all of Lurker0's posts as he has addressed these questions previously.

Hey is there a way to have spotify without custom firmware . id like to stay official. Plus it voids your warranty :frowning2:

Jun 14, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #13,923 of 22,021
1. it won't void your warranty
2. extract the spotify apk file from other phone/ find on internet and install it on dx200

That is with official firmware?
Spotify works in bitperfect mode ussing all the goodys of dx200?

Will there cracks and pops issues?

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #13,924 of 22,021
That is with official firmware?
Spotify works in bitperfect mode ussing all the goodys of dx200?

Will there cracks and pops issues?
Sort of a mood point, isn't it, as Spotify's Premium account only offers 320KB bitrate, still MP3 quality. Tidal is one of the very few that offers actual lossless streaming.

Jun 14, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #13,925 of 22,021
Sort of a mood point, isn't it, as Spotify's Premium account only offers 320KB bitrate, still MP3 quality. Tidal is one of the very few that offers actual lossless streaming.

Yea but spotify offer the best choise and i love the playlists. Tidal has crap playlist options and i tried bothe I always go back to spotify and believe or not I hear 0 difference in spotify premium vs tidal. And that with my high end gear so. I stay with spotify.
I got hdv820 + hd800s

Jun 14, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #13,927 of 22,021
Interesting paper on modular vs discrete circuits:
http://www.ti.com/lit/wp/snva635b/snva635b.pdf
The table at the end summarises it best.
It seems the greatest advantage of discrete circuit is flexibility of design.
The main issues are assembly mistakes and potentially more signal noise.
Not trying to go off topic for Ibasso, but I have this card for my HM802. It is discrete circuit and is the closest to sounding like tubes I have. Very spacious sound-stage. So I am curious about the Ibasso Amps.

Musical-Amp-Card.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #13,928 of 22,021
Anyone have their dx200 suddenly switch off saying "goodbye", although the battery's full, then refuse to fully boot for a while -- "goodbye" right when the loading's done, never reaches op system -- and then mysteriously becomes fully functional again, after a while? I removed the amp, that may have had something to do with it suddenly being able to bot again...

This spookiness will probably re-occur.

This and the hard drive not showing up on most PCs, tsk tsk tsk on quality control. Spotty piece of hardware. Gotta use that warranty while I have it to get it checked out. Still amazing sound / price ratio though. Just... frustrating at times. Warranty repairs take months and an insane amount of paperwork where I'm from.

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #13,929 of 22,021
Anyone have their dx200 suddenly switch off saying "goodbye", although the battery's full, then refuse to fully boot for a while -- "goodbye" right when the loading's done, never reaches op system -- and then mysteriously becomes fully functional again, after a while? I removed the amp, that may have had something to do with it suddenly being able to bot again...

This spookiness will probably re-occur.

This and the hard drive not showing up on most PCs, tsk tsk tsk on quality control. Spotty piece of hardware. Gotta use that warranty while I have it to get it checked out. Still amazing sound / price ratio though. Just... frustrating at times. Warranty repairs take months and an insane amount of paperwork where I'm from.
I just do a factory reset. Not a piece of gear I have doesn't have issues from time to time and it is frustrating! Expensive Sony cameras, lens connections to the camera, daps, my phone. Too many lines of code! lol But I do a factory reset and often this is all that is required. I found out that doing a factory reset on the DX series clears some junk off of the memory that is not needed and helps the OS work better.

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #13,930 of 22,021
I'm at work and looking after a large hospital. Recently had 2 of our large boilers retro fitted. One runs beautifully the other keeps switching itself off and then restarting. At a cost of several million and work done by a large multi national company using the same parts and software.

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #13,931 of 22,021
I'm at work and looking after a large hospital. Recently had 2 of our large boilers retro fitted. One runs beautifully the other keeps switching itself off and then restarting. At a cost of several million and work done by a large multi national company using the same parts and software.
Have you tried installing Lurker's firmware on the faulty boiler?

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #13,933 of 22,021
To my ears amp4s is more coherent, more bass, sweet midrange and smooth treble...

Correct me if I’m wrong.. I only have AMP4S.. to me some instruments placement I find it hard to pinpoint the location.. sometimes I feel like I’m seating at some top seat looking down at the stage when listening to orchestra.. or in other genres, sometimes I found instrument is above my head. As for AMP1 it’s easier to pinpoint the location and the stage. Though the stage is definitely smaller than amp4s

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #13,934 of 22,021
Correct me if I’m wrong.. I only have AMP4S.. to me some instruments placement I find it hard to pinpoint the location.. sometimes I feel like I’m seating at some top seat looking down at the stage when listening to orchestra.. or in other genres, sometimes I found instrument is above my head. As for AMP1 it’s easier to pinpoint the location and the stage. Though the stage is definitely smaller than amp4s

I feel same as yours

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #13,935 of 22,021
My bad if this has been answered before, but where can I find iBasso daps in Tokyo? I've looked up e-earphones and they only have the DX80 while both Bic Camera and Yodobashi still carry the DX90j model.
DX200 and 150 are not sold through distributor in Japan and you only see them for sale on individual basis.
To make a long story short, unfortunately they are not "legal" yet. Products with wireless connectivity must
go through legal tests which they have not cleared. a bit touchy issue in the local market.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back