DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 21, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #10,803 of 22,021
How does the dx200 compare to the kann and how well does the dx200 pair with vega and th900
The TH900 sounds good. The DX200 is a top tier dap that IMO, and having the Sony WM1Z is in the same dap point. The Kann is down the line somewhere and again, IMO, isn't near as good as either.

Jan 21, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #10,805 of 22,021
@rick81 Listening to the LCD-2s right now with the AMP1 in high gain. They are OK together. The music isn't as controlled as I would like. The AMP1 drives the LCD-2 but not really well in my opinion. I was listening to Hello by Adele and that sounded flabby and I didn't hear really good separation of instruments.

I'm listening to Taboo by Skinny Hightower and Andrew Hawkley now. Much butter sounding but still not as controlled as it should be. So not a terrible pairing but you can do better.

I have the AMP3 but I don't have an adapter for 2.5mm TRRS for my LCD-2 cable. The AMP3 may do better with the LCD-2.

Which headphone you think it’s better with DX200 and Amp1?

Jan 22, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #10,810 of 22,021
While on the go the IT03 IEMs with CB12 pair perfectly with DX200.
At office I've got Fostex TH900 mk2 for my DX200 and they sound really well with the AMP1's 3,5mm phone out.
A bit sad is that AMP4 doesn't have line out option so I cannot pair AMP4 with them easily. What my retailer suggested is an ugly set of adapters 4,4->2,5 + 2,5->XLR + stock XLR cable for TH900 which I'm afraid may ruin the sound.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #10,811 of 22,021
Tried the Andromedas, didnt like it, mids were too hollow and the highs were very sibilant. It sounds too mechanical for me.
I have the Andromedas with AMP3 + ALO Ref 8 balanced cable and the sound is amazing. Mids are as good or even better that on my HEX v2 and the treble is better. Only sub-bass was a little behind. No need to go over 50% of the volume. But this happened after a burn-in of over 50 hours, at the very beginning the sound was kind of dull and uneven, I don't know if it's because of the cable or the IEM but is the 1st time I feel that burn-in had a significant change in the sound signature (for good). I was starting to feel very dissapointed because ot the high investment and felt that my FLC8s were much better, now they are not. Also take into account that because of the ergonomics this IEM is very dependent on the tips used, I am currently using Comply Ts400 which gave the best results for me (I have also tried the stock ones provided + Spiral dots). I am about to check with Crystal Tips.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #10,812 of 22,021
I have the Andromedas with AMP3 + ALO Ref 8 balanced cable and the sound is amazing. Mids are as good or even better that on my HEX v2 and the treble is better. Only sub-bass was a little behind. No need to go over 50% of the volume. But this happened after a burn-in of over 50 hours, at the very beginning the sound was kind of dull and uneven, I don't know if it's because of the cable or the IEM but is the 1st time I feel that burn-in had a significant change in the sound signature (for good). I was starting to feel very dissapointed because ot the high investment and felt that my FLC8s were much better, now they are not. Also take into account that because of the ergonomics this IEM is very dependent on the tips used, I am currently using Comply Ts400 which gave the best results for me (I have also tried the stock ones provided + Spiral dots). I am about to chek with Crystal Tips.

okay thanks, I tried only with stock cable and JVC spiral dot tips..wasnt smooth for me and very sibilant..maybe my ears are too old already.

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #10,813 of 22,021
I have received AMP5 today and I must say... I purchased it to enjoy the LCD i4 while waiting for a balanced cable to be built to plug to my favorite amp, AMP4.

I didn't expect to but I am blown away at how good AMP5 sounds with LCD i4, the synergy is great!

I love how AMP5 retains detail while being very organic and musical, bass are full of texture and reach deep, mids are liquid smooth *and* detailed such texture and timbre, body is amazing too, treble are smooth detailed with a nice weight to them ... it's a very emotional pairing vocals (both male and female) are beautifully rendered.

It's so good I am even wondering if AMP4 will top it in terms of synergy, I have a hard time imagining it... AMP5 + LCD i4 is just... endgame wow...

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #10,814 of 22,021
I have received AMP5 today and I must say... I purchased it to enjoy the LCD i4 while waiting for a balanced cable to be built to plug to my favorite amp, AMP4.

I didn't expect to but I am blown away at how good AMP5 sounds with LCD i4, the synergy is great!

I love how AMP5 retains detail while being very organic and musical, bass are full of texture and reach deep, mids are liquid smooth *and* detailed such texture and timbre, body is amazing too, treble are smooth detailed with a nice weight to them ... it's a very emotional pairing vocals (both male and female) are beautifully rendered.

It's so good I am even wondering if AMP4 will top it in terms of synergy, I have a hard time imagining it... AMP5 + LCD i4 is just... endgame wow...

Exactly! Enjoying AMP5 everyday since I got it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back