DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 16, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #10,711 of 22,021
So the adapter CA02 has become available in their site.
Okay I'm ready to buy CA02 and AMP4 all at once.
I then noticed the site says AMP4 discontinued. Alas,
both of them would be needed to make them work for me...
How come the AMP4 gets retired so soon, any chance to come back?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #10,712 of 22,021
So the adapter CA02 has become available in their site.
Okay I'm ready to buy CA02 and AMP4 all at once.
I then noticed the site says AMP4 discontinued. Alas,
both of them would be needed to make them work for me...
How come the AMP4 gets retired so soon, any chance to come back?

Discounted?
Luckily I just bought one 3 weeks ago, I wonder why they are not producing it anymore.
:thinking:

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #10,719 of 22,021
Likes @TheUbiquitous said, AMP4 is limited quantity 250 units. I guess it would be available on some stores in certain countries. Fortunately that I just got AMP4+CA02 last Sunday. They are so far so good. :thumbsup:

Jan 17, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #10,720 of 22,021
Hi guys, wonder if anyone can help me out?
I always use my DX200 in pure Mango mode.
But suddenly now, when I try to power it on, it goes through the usual boot up procedure, but at the point when it would usually then go to the last song played, instead it powers down as if I'd held down the power button to switch it back off.
I tried holding down the play and power buttons simultaneously, which as I guessed, caused it to go to a kind of DOS looking boot up screen with different options.
I selected one (the second or third option from the top? can't remember exactly what it said; something like "boot from boot device") and the screen went black for a while.
Then I tried pressing both buttons again (or maybe it was just the power button) and I somehow got into Android mode.
That looked normal, so I pressed the power button again, and selected "boot to Mango".
Then the same problem occurred; it powered off as soon as it had finished switching on :frowning2:
Please help?
Just to mention, up until now, it's worked perfectly without any glitches.
I updated last week to the latest firmware.
I've got same behavior yesterday, that's what I call a strange coincidence.
I thought it might have been related to the -10ºC temperature outside(held my DX200 in jacket outer pocket), after 15 minutes of listening it shut down and did not boot up until I've got home and plugged charger in. So even when I've warmed the unit up to my home temperature it did not boot up fully. It started boot animation, showed "reference dap" message and then "see you" in 1-2 seconds and shut down.
When I plugged charger in - it successfully booted up from the first try.

Jan 17, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #10,721 of 22,021
I've got same behavior yesterday, that's what I call a strange coincidence.
I thought it might have been related to the -10ºC temperature outside(held my DX200 in jacket outer pocket), after 15 minutes of listening it shut down and did not boot up until I've got home and plugged charger in. So even when I've warmed the unit up to my home temperature it did not boot up fully. It started boot animation, showed "reference dap" message and then "see you" in 1-2 seconds and shut down.
When I plugged charger in - it successfully booted up from the first try.

Intriguing. My unit is still working perfectly.

I'm sure iBasso will solve the issues for everybody experiencing them!

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #10,723 of 22,021
Does Amp3 improve with burn in ?.. just came in through the post , and to be honest initial listening ,not much difference between amp1 balanced and Amp3 . I personally don't hear any drastic difference or improvement like I've read on here . That's why I'm hoping burn in brings the best out of Amp3,else I'd have to return it . I'm using the it03 by the way .

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #10,724 of 22,021
Does Amp3 improve with burn in ?.. just came in through the post , and to be honest initial listening ,not much difference between amp1 balanced and Amp3 . I personally don't hear any drastic difference or improvement like I've read on here . That's why I'm hoping burn in brings the best out of Amp3,else I'd have to return it . I'm using the it03 by the way .

I think that there is a considerably difference with AMP3, it brings out a more vivid sound.

It does change a bit with burn-in and iBasso recommends about 100 hours of burn-in using their burn-in cable if I'm not mistaken.

Jan 17, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #10,725 of 22,021
Intriguing. My unit is still working perfectly.

I'm sure iBasso will solve the issues for everybody experiencing them!

You tested DX200 in - 10degC weather?
:cloud_snow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back