DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 13, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #8,461 of 22,021
Lol, I believe it is already posted somewhere in the thread ? Twister probably have it. I don't use SE, so I don't grab amp2 :)

Taking amp modules apart is too easy, I go straight for taking the whole DAP apart :p

Sep 13, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #8,464 of 22,021
Has anyone tried the balanced line out of the AMP3 in a fully balanced setup? Any general impressions regarding the implementation of the BAL LO?

Yes, tried it with my Stax009, and it did sound good but I don't need it. The sound quality is very very good, if you have a good amplifier. I use it to connect into my stereo system at home all the time too

IMG_1838.JPG

Sep 13, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #8,465 of 22,021
My dx200 will deliver this morning. Just wonder that the problem with screen only happens with first batches ?
The screen problem was with some units in the first batch. We have had many batches since then with zero screen issues.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 13, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #8,471 of 22,021
Big thanks to Customcans in the UK for providing me an xlr to 2.5mm adaptor. I am truly shocked by how well this DAP with AMP 1 drives my T1 gen 2 headphones. I am finding it hard to believe that AMP 3 could make them significantly better.
20170913_123730.jpg

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #8,472 of 22,021
The screen problem was with some units in the first batch. We have had many batches since then with zero screen issues.
What is the actual screen issue? After my DX200 goes to sleep for a long period of time and I hit the power button you can tell there's a slight glow but you do not see anything. After enough time has passed for it to turn back on I hit the button again and it turns on to the home screen as expected. I assume this is not "normal" but I've worked past it. I'm on the latest firmware.

Regarding AMP 3, after saying I was perfectly happy with the sound from AMP1, I decided to spend the extra money for AMP3 and just received it today. In a hobby where we're chasing subtle improvements, this was not one of them. This was a major step in the right direction and took a great DAP up a few more notches.

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #8,473 of 22,021
Big thanks to Customcans in the UK for providing me an xlr to 2.5mm adaptor. I am truly shocked by how well this DAP with AMP 1 drives my T1 gen 2 headphones. I am finding it hard to believe that AMP 3 could make them significantly better.
Only one way to find out :)

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #8,474 of 22,021
What is the actual screen issue? After my DX200 goes to sleep for a long period of time and I hit the power button you can tell there's a slight glow but you do not see anything. After enough time has passed for it to turn back on I hit the button again and it turns on to the home screen as expected. I assume this is not "normal" but I've worked past it. I'm on the latest firmware. ...

That happens to mine as well. A few others here have mentioned the same behavior. I consider this "power on" glitch a non-issue, just a minor annoyance. I believe this can be corrected in a new firmware update. The actual screen issue is on earlier release units where there was severe screen lag and non-reactive touches with the UI. I briefly experienced this behavior as well when troubleshooting the "power-on" glitch and resetting to original firmware. But that screen lag stuff disappeared as soon as I updated the DX200 to later firmware. I'm still supposed to be troubleshooting the DAP for Paul/iBasso but simply have had no time to do so over the last month. Don't really want to RMA the dap if I don't have to.

Regarding AMP 3, after saying I was perfectly happy with the sound from AMP1, I decided to spend the extra money for AMP3 and just received it today. In a hobby where we're chasing subtle improvements, this was not one of them. This was a major step in the right direction and took a great DAP up a few more notches.

Yep, Amp3 is pretty awesome straight out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back