DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 14, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #10,456 of 22,021
May I know your cable & plug brand model?

Standard cable for Sennheiser IE800S nothing fancy, all my other cables are in 2.5 currently, need to get an adapter

Dec 14, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #10,457 of 22,021
Trying the dx200+amp3 with my Encore.
Extremely pleased with the sq!

CF0DC9E8-6C71-44DF-BC86-0C062F451863.jpeg

Dec 14, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #10,460 of 22,021
Same here. I'm in close danger of becoming an iBasso fanboy. Very, very curious what the IT04 will be like.
Same here, Ibasso do seem to be a company going from strength to strength. Love my DX200:L3000: and IT01/03. @Paul - iBasso always popping in on the Ibasso threads offering help and advice. What’s not to like.:ksc75smile:

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #10,461 of 22,021
Same here, Ibasso do seem to be a company going from strength to strength. Love my DX200:L3000: and IT01/03. @Paul - iBasso always popping in on the Ibasso threads offering help and advice. What’s not to like.:ksc75smile:
Popped in, now popping out. :relaxed:

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 16, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #10,462 of 22,021
Hi All,

I have a question. For the first time, I'm trying to transfer files onto the internal memory of the DX200, as opposed to my 200GB micro-SD card, which lamentably, I have filled up completely :frowning2:
How do I transfer files onto the DX200's internal drive, from a Mac? (ideally whilst staying within pure Mango mode).
Hope someone can help.

I plugged the DX200 into my MacBook. Nothing new registered in Finder (file explorer for Mac).
I went into the Mango settings --> USB Settings ---> Reader (I clicked on this). Still nothing changed in Finder (and I suspect that may be something for reading the micro-SD card anyway?)

Also, same question for if I want to use the DX200 as a DAC for a laptop (Mac or Windows).
Again, never tried that until now.

Many thanks! :)

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #10,463 of 22,021
Hi All,

I have a question. For the first time, I'm trying to transfer files onto the internal memory of the DX200, as opposed to my 200GB micro-SD card, which lamentably, I have filled up completely :frowning2:
How do I transfer files onto the DX200's internal drive, from a Mac? (ideally whilst staying within pure Mango mode).
Hope someone can help.

I plugged the DX200 into my MacBook. Nothing new registered in Finder (file explorer for Mac).
I went into the Mango settings --> USB Settings ---> Reader (I clicked on this). Still nothing changed in Finder (and I suspect that may be something for reading the micro-SD card anyway?)

Also, same question for if I want to use the DX200 as a DAC for a laptop (Mac or Windows).
Again, never tried that until now.

Many thanks! :)

With a Mac you have to use either Android File Transfer (free) or Commander One.
The finder doesn’t recognize a dap with an android os.

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #10,464 of 22,021
With a Mac you have to use either Android File Transfer (free) or Commander One.
The finder doesn’t recognize a dap with an android os.

Thanks for this. I've downloaded and installed Android File Transfer, but can't seem to get it working.
I've had messages from the MacBook "USB something disabled. Please unplug the USB device which is drawing too much power to reenable"
Otherwise, I've tried unplugging and plugging back in the DX200, both whilst Android File Transfer is running and also switching it off and opening it again after the DX200 is plugged in.
Nothing seems to be working.
The DX200 won't show in either Finder nor the Android File Transfer window.
I'm using a 2016 MacBook Pro, if that helps, all software fully up to date, and the latest iBasso Firmware released a couple of weeks back or so.
Finally, I'm not sure what setting I should have selected in pure Mango mode for the USB settings: Reader or Charge Only? I've tried both and neither seems to make any difference.

Again, all help and advice appreciated. I've switch the DX200 off and on again several times. I tried rebooting it to Android mode, but still nothing happened.
I don't really know what I'm doing in Android mode anyway lol.
The main message I keep getting from Android File Transfer is "Could not connect to device. Try reconnecting or restarting your device". I've tried both, to no avail :)

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #10,465 of 22,021
Thanks for this. I've downloaded and installed Android File Transfer, but can't seem to get it working.
I've had messages from the MacBook "USB something disabled. Please unplug the USB device which is drawing too much power to reenable"
Otherwise, I've tried unplugging and plugging back in the DX200, both whilst Android File Transfer is running and also switching it off and opening it again after the DX200 is plugged in.
Nothing seems to be working.
The DX200 won't show in either Finder nor the Android File Transfer window.
I'm using a 2016 MacBook Pro, if that helps, all software fully up to date, and the latest iBasso Firmware released a couple of weeks back or so.
Finally, I'm not sure what setting I should have selected in pure Mango mode for the USB settings: Reader or Charge Only? I've tried both and neither seems to make any difference.

Again, all help and advice appreciated. I've switch the DX200 off and on again several times. I tried rebooting it to Android mode, but still nothing happened.
I don't really know what I'm doing in Android mode anyway lol.
The main message I keep getting from Android File Transfer is "Could not connect to device. Try reconnecting or restarting your device". I've tried both, to no avail :)
Set the USB mode on the DX200 to File Transfer.

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #10,466 of 22,021
Set the USB mode on the DX200 to File Transfer.
Can this be done in pure Mango mode or only in Android?
I've tried doing this in pure Mango mode and it only gives 3 options for USB mode: Reader (which I've tried already), DAC and Charge Only.
If in Android, would you mind posting the steps I need to go through? Sorrythankyousorry :D

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #10,467 of 22,021
No way for an average user. You have to boot to Android and select MTP protocol there.

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #10,468 of 22,021
Can this be done in pure Mango mode or only in Android?
I've tried doing this in pure Mango mode and it only gives 3 options for USB mode: Reader (which I've tried already), DAC and Charge Only.
If in Android, would you mind posting the steps I need to go through? Sorrythankyousorry :D
Yep android only. In Android mode swipe from the very top of the screen downwards and you'll get the option.

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #10,470 of 22,021
Hi All,

I just ordered the DX-200 with AMP 4, IT03,CB13 and CA02.

I will also like to use my Focal Utopia with the DX200. Can anybody give me some good sounding cables suggestions? I'm currently using a 21AWG OCC silver (8 conductors) in my desktop system and I am quite please with it. Unfortunately, my cable maker said that this cable won't fit with the smaller 2.5 mm connector. He suggest me to go with 24AWG but I fear that the sound would be too thin.

So any good recommandations are welcome.

Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back