DX200/220 Amp8, MAX and other EX modifications
Nov 14, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #363 of 473
Nov 16, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #365 of 473
Hi,
no, only with the Add-on Lurker A8.1-L1.23b1 which is just fantastic....
Is that a rom or an apk add on?
The purist ROM has free version to try.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #367 of 473
Does anyone know what the 3 components are and their values circled in red below? It's next to the 22uF cap? I got it too hot while working the 22uF and knocked it out...

Edit: Forgot to note it's Amp8.

Thanks in advance!

img2588.jpg

Dec 30, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #368 of 473
I can't believe so many tried this themselves.This has too much risk without the right tools. Looks like an awesome mod though and congrats to those that successfully swapped surface mounted bits and to Whitgir for his efforts and help to all. I have done a lot of audio repair in my day but wouldn't mess with surface mounts without dedicated tools. Of course, these old eyes aren't what they used to be either, LOL.

Just skimmed quickly but like the easy wet cap adds for anyone that can solder..Silmics are good as are the RBD in supplies, depending. You can go too large here and make things too rounded/warm and/or seemingly lose synergy/timing with the original caps. Bigger isn't always better depending on what's already there and how readily replenished.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #369 of 473
The non elaborate thing reminds my of playing with my LPG, trying different values. Here's a pic but I ended up with just one bypass cap on the High V rail. I initially used too large a cap value( I think it was 2.2) here and added the other to snap things back up on another rail to compensate. Got better synergy with just the one 0.47uf RBD on the higher V rail (brown position) for best sound. Battery has plenty of juice, it's more about delivery.

I was amazed at the amount of info this player had but I felt it needed a bit more flow and texture and this was a positive without loss. I ended up moving it to a friend simply because i only use these as portable and it was a bit heavy and chunky for me personally.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #370 of 473
The non elaborate thing reminds my of playing with my LPG, trying different values. Here's a pic but I ended up with just one bypass cap on the High V rail. I initially used too large a cap value( I think it was 2.2) here and added the other to snap things back up on another rail to compensate. Got better synergy with just the one 0.47uf RBD on the higher V rail (brown position) for best sound. Battery has plenty of juice, it's more about delivery.
Lovely!! Thanks for joining us :)

Dec 30, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #372 of 473
Hardly where you're at with the 220 but thanks. I also wasn't going to dive in too deep on an LPG.
Honestly, every DIY and modder are appreciated to join us. It is a very expensive and also fun side of our hobby. I look forward to Dx300. I am so very excited for a miniaturized Max from power supplies alone

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #373 of 473
I can't believe so many tried this themselves.This has too much risk without the right tools. Looks like an awesome mod though and congrats to those that successfully swapped surface mounted bits and to Whitgir for his efforts and help to all. I have done a lot of audio repair in my day but wouldn't mess with surface mounts without dedicated tools. Of course, these old eyes aren't what they used to be either, LOL.

Just skimmed quickly but like the easy wet cap adds for anyone that can solder..Silmics are good as are the RBD in supplies, depending. You can go too large here and make things too rounded/warm and/or seemingly lose synergy/timing with the original caps. Bigger isn't always better depending on what's already there and how readily replenished.
Well, you have to break some eggs to make an omelette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back