Dutch/Belgian November 2012 meet
Oct 6, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #76 of 618
I really would like to come but my wife is pregnant, i guess she won't like me being on a 2 hours distance when she's having contractions 
normal_smile .gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #82 of 618
Good news:
I ordered parts today for the Beta22. I'm basically starting again from scratch, so the chances of running up against broken components this time is really low.

I consider the chance of finishing the Beta22 on time for the meet about 90%.

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #86 of 618
I'd very likely be able to arrange the cellar in Soest (near Utrecht) again (see 8-'09 and 3-'11), and there is probably some more space available if needed (we didn't come close to 20 last time did we?).

Would love to hear the ortho's for once, and the basic Stax system I've seen mentioned. Don't have much myself anymore/yet but have started looking for a nice simple system again... anyway, I currently have a Q701 and ESW10, and an Objective2 amp is on the way.

Silly me didn't realize that Q701+O2 is pretty much used Stax territory :frowning2:

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #87 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif

anyway, I currently have a Q701 and ESW10, and an Objective2 amp is on the way.

Nice... I'd like to compare the ESW10 to my ES10 :) Could do a Q701 vs. K702 too :)

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #88 of 618
Nice, though I haven't read much about it the ES10 has interested me as an ESW10 owner. Probably totally different but would like to hear it.
Which reminds me, my ESW10 cable is broken again so I'd have to fix it first. Don't know if I'll be able to solder the tiny wires myself, but there is not much risk in trying I guess.

Oct 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #89 of 618
Nice, though I haven't read much about it the ES10 has interested me as an ESW10 owner. Probably totally different but would like to hear it.
Which reminds me, my ESW10 cable is broken again so I'd have to fix it first. Don't know if I'll be able to solder the tiny wires myself, but there is not much risk in trying I guess.

I know from experience that soldering those tiny wiresis very annoying work, but definitely not impossible.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #90 of 618
Are there people interested in trades or something like that too? I have an AKG K550 that i'd love to trade to something more fitting to my personal sound signature. (think sennheiser hd650)  And i really want to get open headphones again. My previous was closed too and I just miss the sound of an open headphone. I bought the K550 for a good price and for portable use but i'm going custom IEM soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back